KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
wow, there was an ewok movie:

Caravan of courage. An Ewok adventure.

Can't believe I never heard or seen that....
My. God.

A movie that sounds so damned adorable can't possibly be bad. Will watch ASAP. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
My. God.

A movie that sounds so damned adorable can't possibly be bad. Will watch ASAP. thumb up

I actually might watch it myself now that I brought it up lol. It's on Youtube so..../shrug, to Youtube!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So just watched the Ewok movie...while it is INCREDIBLY cheesy(an 80s movie so..) it does show some interesting things about the Ewoks, which actually gives even more reason as to why they helped out in the Battle of Endor.

They are crafty and fearless little ***ers, not only that it seems they use range weapons that take down large beasts(the boar wolves), so it's not a stretch they could easily take down a human with those same weapons.

I thought the Shaman was...an interesting bit, using The Force in particular ways, IE: TK, Seeing the location of others, Beast Control.

The overall plot of the movie is kinda...bland, but it gives insight on the Ewok culture and I found that pretty interesting, plus outsmarting an enemy that is way bigger than them and they are pretty furious fighters when it comes down to it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good to know. Cheesy 80's movies are about as good as it gets. thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

does the movie explain why they like to trap and abduct people, cook them alive, and eat them?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

laughing out loud

They are adorable at first just to trick you, then the true beast is unleashed...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
does the movie explain why they like to trap and abduct people, cook them alive, and eat them?

Nah.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

There were TWO Ewok movies... Caravan of Courage: The Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i am totally not ashamed to be called out on that error.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i am totally not ashamed to be called out on that error.

Very dissappointed....

Now I have two more movies to watch.....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 07:45 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So watched Battle for Endor on youtube, again while cheesy I find it really gives depth to the Ewoks as a culture and just showing how furious fighters they can be. It also introduced to me the interesting primitive species known as the Sanyassan, who wielded crude blasters and raided Ewok villages after their ship crashed.

There was also a Nightsister too, though she wasn't in the movie much and wasn't particularly powerful as she used a ring to transform into animals(namely a bird).

The king of the Sanyassan people as I see it, was rather the most interesting just because of the people he led...and I found it interesting to see a primitive tribe fighting against another.

Again both the Ewok Adventure and Battle for Endor are incredibly cheesy 80s movies, but I find they add a little more depth to the Ewok culture and as of the 2nd movie, introduced an interesting primitive species known as the Sanyassans.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 06:08 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I liked the fact that the film was almost a remake of ANH. I took it as a statement that they were going to try and emulate the original trilogy and forget about the prequels as quickly as possible.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 12:40 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Very dissappointed....

Now I have two more movies to watch.....

No, you don't. wink

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 04:23 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

just got back from viewing #4. i'm pretty sure at this point that kylo and rey are in for some sort of twisted romance.

when he took off his mask, rey gave a rather curious and disarmed expression. as soon as he began reading her mind, she gave a panicked expression and out of nowhere, he said "don't afraid. i feel it too". i'm pretty sure at this point that there was an attraction going on.

this leads me to believe (hope) that she's not luke's daughter. star wars has seen enough incest.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 4th, 2016 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 02:19 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Tbh I noted sexual overtones to that seeing from the 1st viewing, I was a bit confused. laughing out loud

Made worse when I mistook you're so lonely for I'm so lonely, thought he was going to molest her.

Unsure if this was intentional. smile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 09:48 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A bit of both probably. Wearing black leather all day must feel hot. wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 01:45 PM
Zenwolf

Also who thinks TR-8R should return in 8? His sheer will of loyalty and to kill traitors makes him able to survive! Plus he like became waaay popular overnight, probably the most out of every other character.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 06:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 06:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

I still hope this is the rumoured cameo of Tom Cruise...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 07:15 PM
Zenwolf

So I'm kinda well...questioning something here and hopefully it's been explained in the Guide or books. But how does the FO fund its stuff?

The FO is the remains of the Empire correct? So it wouldn't have nearly the resources the Empire did at its height and yet....the FO is able to produce Clones(which as I recall Clones are expensive and yet they can make armies?), have TIE fighters equipped with rear guns and missiles and have enough resources to build a star absorbing weapon into a planet.

???...Where do they get their funding and resources from?

I'm not seeing the logic, where the FO can have all these resources or funding when the GE at its height controlled pretty much the whole galaxy and had the best resources available which would also include funding for the insane amount of projects both regular and secretive.

Whereas the FO doesn't even seem to control the galaxy as the GE did.

Unless they are just gonna handwave it because reasons.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 6th, 2016 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 06:31 PM