KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Info on the Inquisitor's numerical designations...

Info on the Inquisitor's numerical designations...
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Info on the Inquisitor's numerical designations...

From a Rebels press conference in October 2015 with Dave Filoni, Ashley Eckstein, Vanessa Marshall, Freddie Prinze, Jr., and Dee Bradley Baker:

"Since we know that Sarah Michelle Gellar is playing the Seventh Sister, a fan asked if there were six sisters prior to her. “I would say that that’s a logical conclusion. That’s an entirely logical thing to assume, that she’s the seventh–the latest version–so we’ll have to see what that means.”

http://thewookieegunner.com/2015/10...ope-interviews/

Seems to imply that there numbers refer to when they joined the organisation rather than rank within the organisation. And that there may only be one Sister and one Brother at any given time. These being the latest. Thoughts?

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 07:08 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

EDIT: Broken link, here's a working one:

http://thewookieegunner.com/2015/10...ope-interviews/

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

The actor's aren't really that reliable when it comes to stuff like that though. Sara in particular loves Seventh Sister and is unlikely to say that she's ranked Seventh or something.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well as far as I can tell Sarah wasn't actually at the conference, however the article doesn't clarify who replied. It was probably Dave though.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 10:07 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'd be surprised if there were only one Brother and Sister at any given time, honestly.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 05:38 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It does make sense for them to be more, but at the same time I don't see them introducing six more sisters, and five more brothers, each with there own design, voice actor etc. but maybe we will get one or two more...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 10:23 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I agree that there's, like, no way in hell they'd introduce 10 more Inquisitors, but they don't really have to. Filoni did say we'd be getting more insight on the late Grand Inquisitor's background and how the Inquisitorious works this season.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 11:51 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They couldn't be from Dathomir.. Assuming Courtship of Princess Leia is still canon, they don't have force sensitive males.

But an entire planet of force sensitive, rancor riding warrior would be my first choice for Inquisitor's, so maybe Dathomir exists, but not like Courtship wrote it.. (And besides, Courtship happens post Empire..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Palpatine's line to Vader in SOL about sending more Inquisitors after the Rebels suggests there are more than 2 to me.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Palpatine's line to Vader in SOL about sending more Inquisitors after the Rebels suggests there are more than 2 to me.
That's the way I understood it as well. Seemed to me there is quite a few Inquisitors working for the Empire.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 05:08 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by cdtm
They couldn't be from Dathomir.. Assuming Courtship of Princess Leia is still canon, they don't have force sensitive males.

But an entire planet of force sensitive, rancor riding warrior would be my first choice for Inquisitor's, so maybe Dathomir exists, but not like Courtship wrote it.. (And besides, Courtship happens post Empire..)
I assume you've never watched The Clone Wars...
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well 2 is "more", however there is also Ahsoka's line that "they'll all be coming now", and yet only two turn up, so perhaps that's all there is. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 3rd, 2016 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 05:20 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Anyone else think the Seventh Sister will become the new Grand Inquisitor by the end of this season?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 05:37 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I assume you've never watched The Clone Wars...Well 2 is "more", however there is also Ahsoka's line that "they'll all be coming now", and yet only two turn up, so perhaps that's all there is. Guess we'll find out.

I've seen it.

Witches of Dathomir and "Night Sisters" are two different things, though related. Basically, what we had in Clone Wars was hybrids from human Dathomirans mating with those horned things.

But Dathomir itself is a prison planet, where a dark jedi of the Old Republic was banished, and an entire civilization sprung from it based around a matriarchy of force sensitive witches who tamed Rancors as mounts..

And even though Ventriss's tribe was wiped out by Grevious, there's still a planet of force sensitives out there. Unless Courtship of Princess Leia was never canon from the start, and they reimagined Dathomir..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 06:13 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well 2 is "more", however there is also Ahsoka's line that "they'll all be coming now", and yet only two turn up, so perhaps that's all there is. Guess we'll find out.

Well that would make more sense if Palpatine said something like "send the remaining Inquisitiors after them."

Also doubt the "Grand" Inq was given that title for commanding 2 other Inq's. And don't see why the remaining 2 would be so eager to grab that title.

Just wouldn't make much sense to me personally.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Mmm, fair point. That said, there maybe some non-combatant Inquisitors working for the organisation.
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Anyone else think the Seventh Sister will become the new Grand Inquisitor by the end of this season?
Hadn't considered that, it's equally possible she might just get killed though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 08:18 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I feel like the Fifth Brother is more likely to bite the dust than her, and I doubt they'd kill them both off. But who knows at this point.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 08:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by cdtm
I've seen it.

Witches of Dathomir and "Night Sisters" are two different things, though related. Basically, what we had in Clone Wars was hybrids from human Dathomirans mating with those horned things.

But Dathomir itself is a prison planet, where a dark jedi of the Old Republic was banished, and an entire civilization sprung from it based around a matriarchy of force sensitive witches who tamed Rancors as mounts..

And even though Ventriss's tribe was wiped out by Grevious, there's still a planet of force sensitives out there. Unless Courtship of Princess Leia was never canon from the start, and they reimagined Dathomir..

Indeed, Dathomir's only canonical appearance now was its portrayal in the Clone Wars. Courtship and any Expanded Universe portrayals are no longer canon under Disney.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 05:07 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote