KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » better story - dark horse republic or filoni clone wars

better story - dark horse republic or filoni clone wars
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
dark horse republic 2 66.67%
filoni clone wars 1 33.33%
i hate clone wars 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

dark horse republic was the original clone wars. now legends.

filoni clone wars

which do u like better?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 08:28 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

TCW was definitely better as a whole.

The best thing Republic did was give Quinlan a great story, but that's no longer canon so it's moot.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Agreed. I do think the Quinlan Vos storyline is as good or better than the best TCW offer. But yeah, the rest, specifically the Anakin and Obi-Wan storyline is significantly worse than TCW and that’s really the core story of this war. So I greatly prefer Filoni’s version.

I do love Genndy’s CW series though, probably my favorite SW cartoon. The story lines and action were just so much fun and the atmosphere and tone of the series was perfect. Plus I loved all of Anakin’s scenes. Watching him use the dark side to overpower Ventress was one of my favorite moments of the character. And his knighting was chilling.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 04:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Originally posted by ares834
I do love Genndy's CW series though, probably my favorite SW cartoon. The story lines and action were just so much fun and the atmosphere and tone of the series was perfect. Plus I loved all of Anakin's scenes. Watching him use the dark side to overpower Ventress was one of my favorite moments of the character. And his knighting was chilling.
Absolutely. thumb up

Kenobi: "And now we must leave our roles as Master and student. It is time we became... Brothers."

Legitimately chill-inducing. thumb up

Sidenote:
It was also that series that made me realize a.) just how damned powerful Dooku was, and b.) what a brilliant military commander/strategist he was. Tbh, that cartoon series gave me more respect for the character than both films did, lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

"..against the best of the jedi, you must have fear, surprise, and intimidation on your side".

As he casually schools Grevious. smile

And of course, the movies ignore this and have Grevious fight Obi Wan outright, get destroyed, and prove toon Dooku right..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:07 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
TCW was definitely better as a whole.

The best thing Republic did was give Quinlan a great story, but that's no longer canon so it's moot.
may not be canon but still if it is a great story eek!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 06:35 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote