KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why was Rey able to defeat the injured Kylo ?

Why was Rey able to defeat the injured Kylo ?
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Question Why was Rey able to defeat the injured Kylo ?

Why was Rey able to defeat the injured Kylo ?

kylo was trained by luke and snoke, and killed luke's jedi students.

rey was a scavenger with no force training and did not even think jedi was real she never used a lightsaber prior to her fight with kylo.

she was earlier easily defeated by kylo

is Rey stronger in the force? kylos injury? or is kylo conflicted or weak? or did rey tap the dark side?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 03:26 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redpill
is Rey stronger in the force? kylos injury?
This.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What does it matter?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 01:09 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by queeq
What does it matter?
what does anything in star wars matter? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 01:44 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

What does it matter?

why does this matter?

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-for...t-bread-effect/

It is precisely this reason why a small domestic detail of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, involving Rey’s hard earned Jakku dinner, was such a captivating touch from director J.J Abrams. This subtle moment was apparently rather hard work to achieve because, surprisingly, Rey’s instantly self-rising bread was created without the use of CGI.

Star Wars opposing factions The Empire and the Rebel Alliance have been represented throughout all seven movies with starkly contrasting visual themes designed to enhance the characteristics of each side. In The Force Awakens, when Rey is introduced, her post-war scavenger lifestyle is shown through her surroundings with an abundance of visual clues. The official story behind the strange expanding bread is that it is scavenged Republic or Imperial military rations.

The Force Awakens visual effects supervisor Chris Corbould has discussed the process of achieving this small but significant scene with MTV News, confirming that practical effects were indeed used, saying, “Surprisingly that was done practically, although so many people have said to me, we thought that was a digital effect!‘” He went on to explain the amount of effort and time that went into achieving this brief moment, giving an insight into what it really takes to make a visually authentic Star Wars movie:

“You wouldn’t believe how long it took to actually perfect that one, that little tiny gag in the film… It started off with the mechanics of getting the bread to rise and the liquid to disappear, but then there was the ongoing problem of what color should the bread be? What consistency should it be? Should it have cracks in it? Should it not have cracks in it?… It took about three months. The actual mechanics of it was fairly simple, but the actual cosmetic side took a lot longer.”

These comments should satisfy fans that have been voicing their curiosity about Rey’s strange food on social media – although we still do not know what the bread is made from or whether the substance is actually edible. The fan response to what surmounts to only a few seconds of air time in The Force Awakens is testimony that Corbould’s hard work was certainly worthwhile, as is the 2016 Oscar nomination for Visual Effects the film has just received.

Charming moments that capture the imagination and show the more humble and grim side to existence within a fictional reality can do so much to transport us into the adventure and aid our enjoyment. Hats off to Corbould and his team for ensuring even the small and quirky effects from The Force Awakens were a visual marvel.

Star Wars: Episode 7 – The Force Awakens is now in theaters, and will be followed by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on December 16th, 2016, Star Wars: Episode 8 on May 26th, 2017, and the Han Solo Star Wars Anthology film on May 25th, 2018. Star Wars: Episode 9 is expected to reach theaters in 2019, followed by the third Star Wars Anthology film in 2020.

there are star wars fan talking about the bread Rey was eating.

the instant rise was NOT CGI effects. they used real bread.

the bread Rey was eating was the subject of articles.

then there are the who is snoke and who are reys parents threads

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 01:56 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

My own personal theory is that she was being trained as a Jedi at the time Ben went nuts and killed the Jedi. She survived and was taken to Jakku by Luke or somebody else. And of course had her mind wiped. This doesn't explain how she was able to take down an injured Ben but it makes sense on how she was able to use the force.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by juggernaut74
And of course had her mind wiped.

laughing out loud 3PO was her dad?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 02:17 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Watch this. He explains it perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOws3DgdxPY

This guy has actual weapons training and studies HEMA. He knows what he's talking about.

Incidentally TFA had the best lightsabre duels yet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 05:27 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

When I got out of bed this morning I thought to myself "Hey, let's overanalyze a simple fantasy film".

So I logged on here, but then I got bored.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

And the OT had the most realistic.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:00 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

OT had the most realistic PT has the most entertaining.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:11 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I dunno. I prefer the ESB and ROTJ fights. Because they are more meaningful.

The PT fights are more ballet and twirling and dancing. A bit boring because of that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:16 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon and Kenobi is one of my favorites followed by Sidious vs Mace.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:20 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Anakin vs Obi-Was probably the best imo looking back on it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:25 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon and Kenobi is one of my favorites followed by Sidious vs Mace.
Maul's fight is okay, a bit too much spinning/twirling. But a few kicks and elbows help make it feel more real.

Both of the Sidious fights are just awful. I can feel the CGI leaking through the screen. It gives me focus. Makes me critical.

Meh. It felt physical at times, but the length and ridiculous setting drained the immersion.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

i like kylo vs rey and fin most

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 10:26 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

(please log in to view the image)

The Tarzan swinging while falling over a lavafall...

The bit where they're standing on top of those droids scooping up lava...

They took what should have been an awesome emotional battle and turned it into a cartoon fight. They didn't need to go all over Mustafar for it to be an epic duel.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 11:09 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

I agree.

And the OT had the most realistic.

Yes, but TFA had the best. Not the same thing at all.

PT has the most entertaining.

Not even remotely.

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu

They took what should have been an awesome emotional battle and turned it into a cartoon fight. They didn't need to go all over Mustafar for it to be an epic duel.

The PT fights are more ballet and twirling and dancing. A bit boring because of that.

Precisely.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Jan 17th, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 11:19 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh I'm fine with the TFA fight. Nice and gritty. It looks and feel like a real fight. (unlike the sterile, choreographed dances in the PT).

Kinda funny, I read into some martial arts/swordfight/kendo experts. And most say that fighting with a weapon that causes such damage as a lightsaber would probably lead to a very careful, probing kind of fight (basically what you see in ANH). The reason for that is that it doesn't take much physical force to cut someone or take out a limb. So the major aim would be not to expose yourself and look for the little moments (in an attack from the enemy for instance) where there's some exposure in the opponent.

But they also say, if you look at the PT fights, the fighters expose themselves all the time with all the twirling and swirling. So irony has it: we get this ballet to see the Jedi in their prime and yet, as sword fighters they are the worst ever. I find that kinda funny.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 09:55 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
(please log in to view the image)

unts unts unts unts unts unts unts unts unts unts

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote