KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Should TFA ended with Luke saying to Rey "the force is strong in my family"

Should TFA ended with Luke saying to Rey "the force is strong in my family"
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 1 14.29%
no 5 71.43%
im gay i prefer boys 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

in the trailer you hear luke say

The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too.

should luke have said that to rey on the island planet Ahch-To at the end of TFA when he turns around and finally meets Rey?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 09:17 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nope. That would have been awful.

Luke not speaking is far more powerful. Although, I feel that final shot of the rotating copter shot should have been removed.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Nope. That would have been awful.

Luke not speaking is far more powerful. Although, I feel that final shot of the rotating copter shot should have been removed.

i felt and was waiting for him to say *something* roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 09:41 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by ares834
Although, I feel that final shot of the rotating copter shot should have been removed.

Sam here. That kind of shot is what you would expect to see when two characters are approaching one another and about to engage in a battle or something.

A weird way to cut to the credits for sure.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No words. Just make it more brief as it went on for too long.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 10:10 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by redpill

The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too.

should luke have said that to rey on the island planet Ahch-To at the end of TFA when he turns around and finally meets Rey?
Nope. It was a far more fitting end to see him looking disheveled and broken. Gives us a better sense of his current mental state, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Should TFA ended with Luke saying to Rey "the force is strong in my family"

What, just blurt that out as she approached, apropos of nothing? A pretty unfocused and clunky attempt at ending on a dramatic line. The silence worked well.

The shaky helicopter cam on the other hand...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Re: Re: Should TFA ended with Luke saying to Rey "the force is strong in my family"

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
What, just blurt that out as she approached, apropos of nothing? A pretty unfocused and clunky attempt at ending on a dramatic line. The silence worked well.

The shaky helicopter cam on the other hand...

rey hands luke the lightsaber.

he takes it, looks at it, then says, no, this is yours.

rey shakes her head no, i don't understand.

luke says i know you've been waiting for your family to return on jakku.

rey nods

luke says

movie ends on that cliffhanger

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:13 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

That's still so shitty.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:15 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

rey hands luke the lightsaber.

he takes it, looks at it, then says, no, this is yours.

rey shakes her head no, i don't understand.

luke says i know you've been waiting for your family to return on jakku.

rey nods

luke says
...And then he lets out a Joker-cackle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10m7bDQhpkw

*fade to black*

thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 19th, 2016 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
That's still so shitty.

then perhaps at the very beginning of the movie, before jakku

you hear luke say

then close the movie as it did.

or when we first see rey as a scavenger she hears that voice

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:21 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote:

i think if that happened it would have given SW aids

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Saying that before the credits roll is a terrible idea.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 02:13 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by quanchi112
Saying that before the credits roll is a terrible idea.
then perhaps at the very beginning of the movie, before jakku

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 02:21 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The movie doesn't need a mystical voiceover from the character that the opening scrawl just told us has vanished. It's not a LotR film, we don't need anything deep and epic sounding like Galadriel to set the stage.

It was a trailer line meant to hearken the audience back to RotJ and kickstart the nostalgia feels. It did that. It doesn't need to be somewhere in the movie, and any scenario where it would, wouldn't fit in to the rest of the film's tone--or be appropriate coming from Luke given his limited role.

It's just an advertisement.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It is.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 08:22 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

No, because I don't want Rey to be related to Luke or Kylo or anybody else.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:27 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What does that have to do with it being advertisement?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:49 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by red8
No, because I don't want Rey to be related to Luke or Kylo or anybody else.
The sentence is nebulous in it's conclusion. You could easily interpret it as "My family has the force. So do you, unrelated person."

Or it could be a line of dialogue intended as a nod to Kylo Ren's lineage--he's not speaking to Rey in the trailer. It could be from an unused flashback scene. Most likely it was trailer-bait used to get the audience speculating on who it is that's related to Luke. Kylo, Rey, John Boyega... It's to create hype. And it worked.

Seriously, stop overthinking it. It was an advertisement.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

I think it was trailer bait.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:12 PM