KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT

should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT
This poll is closed.
no, keep the PT 6 85.71%
yes, declare them not canon and create all new ones 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Question should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT

i don't care for the Prequel trilogy, and i do think if someone hasn't seen it they won't be impressed.

disney called EU noncanon. should disney declare PT non-canon, then tell the story of Anakin, as a teenager, not young boy, and spread it out over 6 movies, not 3, and show major parts of the clone wars.

different story, different dialogue, different actors. some of the character will be the same from yoda to anakin to mace windu.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 03:47 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Rather not, and great for you for having an opinion. It really serves no point anyway at this rate.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Horrible idea.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:08 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

PT suck so make it better.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:10 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

no need to rush into all that. they should rather do an old republic trilogy.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

No

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:19 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

While I do wish that the PT story was done differently, I wouldn't really want Disney to revisit it. I would prefer something new and fresh, unlike The Force Awakens...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:24 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I say: move along.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:51 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

theres a guy on youtube named plinkett who shows why PT sucks.

somoeone has posted 91 reasons why PT sucks.

plinkettt seems knowledgeable but he has weird stuff involving a woman being tied up.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 07:11 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redpill

plinkettt seems knowledgeable but he has weird stuff involving a woman being tied up.

Plinkett is a character, just so you know. Those videos are mainly for comedy. They do point out a lot of the issues with the movies though.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 07:41 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by queeq
I say: move along.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:16 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Plinkett is a character, just so you know. Those videos are mainly for comedy. They do point out a lot of the issues with the movies though.
plinkett is one among many who hated PT.

a remake can address those, such as having the PT start with anakin as a young adult man. which they did with luke. rey adult woman.

image TFA with rey a 5 year old girl.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:38 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

lawl, welcome to RedLetterMedia.

But yeah, move along. Hopefully Disney will largely just ignore the prequels. Don't mention them directly and hardly allude to them in the new films--TFA's only reference to them is the use of the word 'Sith'. Keep it that way and let them fade away.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

plinkett is one among many who hated PT.

The Red Letter Media guys were very disappointed in the PT. And they made the Plinkett thing as a funny review. But the points they make are very strong, well argued and demonstrated.

I can't believe you can still defend the PT as three stand alone movies after seeing that.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

The Red Letter Media guys were very disappointed in the PT. And they made the Plinkett thing as a funny review. But the points they make are very strong, well argued and demonstrated.

I can't believe you can still defend the PT as three stand alone movies after seeing that.
ru talking to me?

i want the PT declared noncanon and perhaps 6-9 movies take its place

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:18 PM
queeq
Chaos

Relax the lingo, dude.

You can want all you want, but it's not gonna happen. Disney's moving FORWARD now. And sideways maybe... but they're not gonna redo it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:20 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Did you see the Half in the Bag review of TFA? I'm so happy that they enjoyed it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:42 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course I did. I dig them very much.

Whatever people think or feel, the guys have a really good understanding of how storytelling and filmmaking works. I don't always share all of their tastes, but they always make a good case for their own opinions. And among them, they don't always agree either. Which is nice.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:48 PM
redpill

Of course I did. I dig them very much.

Whatever people think or feel, the guys have a really good understanding of how storytelling and filmmaking works. I don't always share all of their tastes, but they always make a good case for their own opinions. And among them, they don't always agree either. Which is nice.

plinkett made a good case why PT sucks i think.

i suspect TFA screenwriters may have been influenced by plinkett in craft TFA.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 11:37 PM