KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT

should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT
This poll is closed.
no, keep the PT 6 85.71%
yes, declare them not canon and create all new ones 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

I don't think people like Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan and Kennedy need RLM to make movies. Have you any idea what these people have on their resume?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I don't think people like Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan and Kennedy need RLM to make movies. Have you any idea what these people have on their resume?
no what is it

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 02:43 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG... *face palm*

Check IMDB, lazy person.

Last edited by queeq on Jan 24th, 2016 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 02:44 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

redpill, you're going to give queeq an aneurysm, stop it!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 05:20 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Firstly I'm sure it was in the Star Wars franchise sale contract to Disney that they couldn't redo Lucas's films.

Secondly even if for a second we assumed that "EVERYONE HATES THE PT", way too much Canon has come from the PT now, and Disney would have to completely revamp their own Star Wars Canon if they redid the PT.

Also whether you Loved or Hated the PT, I'm sure nobody wants them remade.

So no, they won't get remade. It's a silly idea to contemplate in the first place.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed.

JJ and his team designed the entire ST based on the OT art, story and design. (Just read The Art of TFA)... The PT's there, they won't contradict it I think, but I doubt they will clearly refer to it. Whiting the story that all belongs to the world of legend.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 06:13 PM
Darth Thor

They obviously paid complete homage to the OT with TFA (a little too much Imo), but I doubt they're running scared from the PT era.

Just look at how many connections Rebels has with TCW.

Think Disney are smart enough to realise the OT's more popular than the PT, but the PT era as a whole still has fans and still generates a level of excitement that can help their sales.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
redpill, you're going to give queeq an aneurysm, stop it!
im practicing my force choke lol

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 11:32 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Firstly I'm sure it was in the Star Wars franchise sale contract to Disney that they couldn't redo Lucas's films.

Secondly even if for a second we assumed that "EVERYONE HATES THE PT", way too much Canon has come from the PT now, and Disney would have to completely revamp their own Star Wars Canon if they redid the PT.

Also whether you Loved or Hated the PT, I'm sure nobody wants them remade.

So no, they won't get remade. It's a silly idea to contemplate in the first place.
Originally posted by Darth Thor
They obviously paid complete homage to the OT with TFA (a little too much Imo), but I doubt they're running scared from the PT era.

Just look at how many connections Rebels has with TCW.

Think Disney are smart enough to realise the OT's more popular than the PT, but the PT era as a whole still has fans and still generates a level of excitement that can help their sales.

i guess the next best thing is to offer episodes between 2 and 3.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 11:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

No, next best thing is closing this thread.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:55 AM