KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Which show is better? Clone Wars? Or Rebels?

Which Star Wars show is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7 53.85%
Star Wars: Rebels 6 46.15%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which show is better? Clone Wars? Or Rebels?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Which show is better? Clone Wars? Or Rebels?

Out of the 2 Star Wars TV shows, which do you like better? Star wars: The clone Wars? Or Star Wars: Rebels?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:54 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If you compare the first two seasons of TCW with the first two seasons of Rebels, the latter is definitely better overall, imo. As a whole, however, TCW was better(as of now), because it simply had several more seasons under its belt(in addition to a comic mini and a novel) to pull off great plots.

Give Rebels an equal-ish amount of seasons, and it will likely become superior to TCW as a whole, imo... Assuming its quality remains relatively consistent, of course.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 26th, 2016 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

TCW.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:07 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If you compare the first two seasons of TCW with the first two seasons of Rebels, the latter is definitely better overall, imo.

I think TCW took time to find it's footing. I mean just look at TCW movie.. What the heck was that?

But it went on to become a Great show Imo. Even put love for the Prequel era into many people who hated the Prequels.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Absolutely agree. I was just comparing season for season, because that's all we can really do right now. It's nigh-impossible to say how Rebels will turn out, but it has been very promising thus far. If it keeps the same momentum, it could certainly be better than TCW as a whole... Which says a lot, because TCW was great.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Rebels. No Question.

The more serialized format is far more to my taste.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In terms of their first and seconds seasons still TCW.

I find the cast more diverse, the settings much more varied, developed and interesting, the writing though not consistent (neither is Rebels frankly) overall more complex and suspenseful, and finally the overall production quality (visuals, voice acting, animation etc.) superior.

In so far Rebels has little that compares for me to the best of TCW's early seasons e.g. the Mandalore, Ryloth and Genosis arcs, Cloak of Darkness, The Gungan General, Cat & Mouse, Hostage Crisis etc. Though my opinion may change come the second-half of this season.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 26th, 2016 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The fact that The Gungan General is considered one of the “best” episodes of early TCW speaks volumes about the show’s quality.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:05 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah, the fact that they were able to make Jar Jar's character of actual value to the plot and turn PIS into a pretty hilarious story is quite impressive. thumb up

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

If only that were true.

Edit: I do love Dooku's escape though. Probably his coolest moment in either the show or the films. Unfortunately, the rest of the episode is borderline unwatchable.

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 26th, 2016 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:10 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Each to their own I suppose, I preferred it to the Rebels episode where they go shopping for watermelons though tbh.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:13 PM
ares834

Sure, that was a bad episode. But I certainly wouldn’t count it among Rebel’s best either.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:15 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

As a comic relief installment, not sure there's much else. What would you say are Rebels best episodes?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:53 PM
ares834

Siege of Lothal, Fire Across the Galaxy, and Stealth Strike.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 05:59 PM
batman
worlds best decective

In my opinion, the first 2 seasons of Rebels are far better than the first 2 seasons of the Clone Wars! The Clone Wars didn't really pick up until around season 3 in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 07:16 PM
Click here to Send batman a Private Message Find more posts by batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
Siege of Lothal, Fire Across the Galaxy, and Stealth Strike.

These are by far the best episodes of Rebels. Oh and the one with Lando.

But they're not better than TCW's best Imo.

Originally posted by batman
In my opinion, the first 2 seasons of Rebels are far better than the first 2 seasons of the Clone Wars! The Clone Wars didn't really pick up until around season 3 in my opinion.

Yeah well it took time for them to get going. Rebels has the advantage of starting with TCW team who were much more experienced by that time.

Rebels is basically becoming a sequel series to TCW anyway. They're both Awesome. And I'm frankly getting more entertained by SW Animation than by the Live Action atm.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 26th, 2016 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
But they're not better than TCW's best Imo.
As of right now, I agree.

The Lawless, along with the Yoda arc in final episodes of Season 6, are still better. However, Rebels is still in its infancy, and it looks like the plot is only going to keep getting [much] better... So we'll just have to wait and see if our opinions change by the conclusion of this season. The simple fact that most believe Rebels is already right up there with TCW in terms of quality/enjoyability speaks volumes, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 26th, 2016 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:11 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
Yeah well it took time for them to get going. Rebels has the advantage of starting with TCW team who were much more experienced by that time.
Tbh that is what frustrates me about this show. Because it was the same team who gave us Season 5 and 6 of TCW, I was expecting that level of quality, but it just isn't. Its as if they forgot how to tell stories properly or something, and are learning how all over again.
Rebels is basically becoming a sequel series to TCW anyway. They're both Awesome. And I'm frankly getting more entertained by SW Animation than by the Live Action atm.
Yeah animation > live action tbh as least as far as TV is concerned, with animation you have a control over visuals that only a massive movie budget can provide, and even then there remains the limitations of well reality.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 26th, 2016 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:22 PM
ares834

DT just finding every excuse to bash the ST...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: JK.

I’d also put the best of Rebels right up there with the best of TCW IMO. But yes, both are enjoyable.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:49 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
The simple fact that most believe Rebels is already right up there with TCW in terms of quality/enjoyability speaks volumes, imo.

I think that's because it's largely the same team but they've massively improved their story telling ability since the early days of TCW.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 09:23 PM