KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will Kylo Ren be redeemed

Redeemed?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 9 75.00%
No 3 25.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Kylo Ren be redeemed
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

I disagree about him terribly written. I think he's fine. He's an emo, yes, but I think he's a baddie fitting to our time. Emo's what we have a lot of these days, why not turn one into a baddie?

And yes, Kylo taking out Snoke would be the copy cat method. Again: I hope they do take SW into a fresh new direction. I don't mind the repetitions in TFA, as I consider it a soft reboot. But now they have to move on... they really do.

So, I hope they will surprise us in where these characters will go. At least they didn't kill off Kylo in the first episode. wink

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 07:40 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Personally, I'd prefer it if Ren gets redeemed and suffers through the consequences of his actions, just to mix it up a bit.

The idea of Anakin turning to the darkside because of some mistaken idea of saving the one he loves while ben turns to the lightside to save someone he lpves appeals to me. He's the first character in Star Wars movies who'd killed a relative. I'm kinda interested to see where it would go, and hopefully not just a copy paste of the last two trilogies.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 07:55 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That is something we all hope.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 08:15 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Life's unfair.

Moreso, the people and conditions in life are unfair.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 04:34 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by queeq
How? Who would trust him? If they'd let him live at all.

He could be on the run and save those rightful avengers from falling to the dark side he only knows too well. As I said, if he was to live, he'd make up for his crimes not live a peaceful life nor staying in prison/getting executed (which is pretty much what happened).

Think Angel from the Buffyverse, that guy was a cruel mass murderer in his time.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Angel never chose evil; he was possessed by a force which then made him do evil things. Anakin actively chose to embrace dark forces.

You can't 'make up' for crimes of that scale. It would be exceptionally wrong for him not to face justice. The only morally acceptable outcome would be appropriate punishment, which if redeemed he would submit himself to.

Dramatically, dying is much better. That's why redemption = death; the character's story arc is dead anyway at that point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 08:47 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by red8
My worst fear is that Kylo will sacrifice himself to destroy Snoke.
Mine's nuclear war, but to each his own.

I really hope he sticks to the dark path all the way through.
Boring. We're probably gonna get that from Snoke, we don't another main character being evil through and through. Self-doubt, temptation, confusion, resistance, and te possibility for change make for interesting narratives and dynamics. Static characterization is ungodly dull.

He's such a terribly written character right now; they need to do something to improve his storyline and motivations.
No, Anakin was a terribly written character. Kylo is a very average character. Simple direction and straight forward. Was good, went bad, fights doubts, motivation to be revealed next film. They can't blow every wad this early in the new franchise.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Dramatically, dying is much better. That's why redemption = death; the character's story arc is dead anyway at that point.
Boromir agrees.

So does Harry Osbourne. And Snape.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Feb 19th, 2016 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good show!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 09:10 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I hope Snoke is redeemed first. I would get really choked up.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I bet you will...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 02:24 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Perhaps Kylo will pull an Obi-Wan and live off in seclusion for the rest of his life. It'd be fitting.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 03:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm.. another one? Luke's copied that already.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 05:11 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So did Yoda.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True... but they came up with the idea together.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 07:29 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Just like they came up with the idea of completely forgetting about Leia. Point is, plans gotta change sometime.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 09:23 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ermm.... yes. The point is...?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 12:10 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Kylo can go off into Exile with Luke or whatever. Plans change, and obviously aren't that well planned out anyway. Obi-Wan forgot an entire person. Like a person that contracted him directly.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 05:49 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Angel never chose evil; he was possessed by a force which then made him do evil things. Anakin actively chose to embrace dark forces.

Angel does remember the pleasure he felt by inflicting pains to others, and if he truly considered himself acquited from his actions he wouldn't be pursuing redemption. Any quest for salvation assumes there is a big fault, the biggest the fault the deepest the need for expunging one's sin.

Vader's demise was "easy" in comparison.

You can't 'make up' for crimes of that scale. It would be exceptionally wrong for him not to face justice. The only morally acceptable outcome would be appropriate punishment, which if redeemed he would submit himself to.

The saga disagrees since he was redeemed and came back as a force ghost. There wasn't any "appropiate" punishment and death was just a short punishment compared with the continued task of "making amends".

Punishment isn't always justice. If offing Anakin will end up in the galaxy being torn into war, then Anakin is responsible for the potential danger he inflicts to civilization by "giving himself" in. In that case, facing "justice" is blalantly ignoring his responsabilities and is immoral.

The outcome it's ok, I'm not dissing the saga for what happened, I'm pointing out that there were other possibilities that make for engaging storytelling. It's not as if ancient mythology didn't have many stories about Fallen heros that went on living after commiting atrocities.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 10:36 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Usually as blind hermits.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 08:06 AM