KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Which show is better? Clone Wars? Or Rebels?

Which Star Wars show is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7 53.85%
Star Wars: Rebels 6 46.15%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which show is better? Clone Wars? Or Rebels?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Clone Wars was way better but this can only properly answered at rebels conclusion.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:08 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

TCW's highs blow Rebels' highs out of the water. TCW definitely had its shitty moments and Rebels is indeed more consistent. The problem is that it's consistently mediocre. TCW, at its best, really had depth and dimension and excitement Rebels just hasn't matched.

And ultimately, I can't accept the "well just give it time" argument. The creative minds behind Rebels were there for TCW. They've had 2 seasons of Rebels and 6 seasons of TCW to produce better stories. Not to mention the fact that they're no longer hamstrung by an omnipotent authority like George.

It says something that the publicity and excitement surrounding Rebels owes much to either film characters like Vader and Tarkin... Or TCW characters like Ahsoka, Rex, and Maul.

Sadly this show doesn't work on its own two feet. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if it stuck true to its original conceit of a bunch of nobody dissidents fighting against the machine a la Firefly... But as it stands it's simply a vehicle to regurgitate more popular characters and tie off loose ends of TCW.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I always knew Rebels would address the loose ends of TCW simply because TCW was a popular show which they cancelled before its full run first. And Can't just leave loose ends like Ahsoka and Maul.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Clone Wars easily, if only solely because it saved Anakin's character.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh yeah, Anakin's become a fan favorite due to TCW.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, he hasn't.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:38 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anakin was great in TCW and my favorite character from the series. Perhaps the best thing about the show was it made Anakin a heroic character rather than the whiny brat in AotC. It also made Anakin and Obi-Wan feel and act like friends something the prequels rarely did.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:22 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I felt like the dynamic between Anakin and Kenobi in ROTS at least worked quite well, and TCW kinda just expounded on it, but yeah there were pretty terrible in AotC, and TCW's Anakin is altogether a much more compelling character.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, it was fine in RotS. My problem is we didn’t see much interaction between them as friends. It was really only in the opening of the film.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

True, TCW gave the dynamic some well deserved screen time.

Frankly I'm interested to see how their relationship is dealt with in Obi-Wan & Anakin.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me TCW will always be superior. Also Clone Wars just captured the horror of the SWU a lot better then Rebels has. I mean you have some truly horrifying imagery on the Clone Wars show. It shows you that yeah..this universe isn't as kid friendly as we all thought.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2016 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The ending episodes of Rebels will probably rank higher for me than anything in TCW if certain things end up happening imo.

Vader vs. Maul depending on how its written could very easily be one of the best lightsaber duels in Star Wars.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 28th, 2016 06:20 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Maul vs Vader certain lent happen this season. Not even sure it will happen but we can always hope, as that'd be an Awesome way for Maul to bite the dust IMO.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 01:03 AM
Darth Thor

I meant "certainly won't happen" this season.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 12:10 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I mean I think Season 6 and Season 7 of Clone Wars, particularly the Order 66 arc with Ahsoka and Rex would blow anything in either series out of the water.

Also I think SoD and Dark Disciple could have been dope as episodes. DD would have been way better filmed imo.

Its a testament to Clone Wars' success that every good arc/episode from Rebels involves a Clone Wars character.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark

Its a testament to Clone Wars' success that every good arc/episode from Rebels involves a Clone Wars character.

Oh yeah. In fact I just see it as a sequel to TCW tbh.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 08:22 PM
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark
[B

Its a testament to Clone Wars' success that every good arc/episode from Rebels involves a Clone Wars character. [/B]

Which just makes Rebels dumb, if they can't hold onto their own 2 feet without bringing in old characters just to make things interesting.

Rebels has its own interesting episodes, but really just when the Inquisitor was involved or with Tarkin/Vader.

But the fact they gotta rely on OT/TCW characters to really make things interesting, instead of...you know, building their own characters for the series, is just...meh.

The latest one with Zeb/Kallus was a nice one, and that's just cause it gave depth to Kallus.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 1st, 2016 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

My main problem with Rebels is that at least 50% of it's episodes are filler episodes that don't really serve to advance the overall plot or characters in any way. Like you have the episode with Lando in it, which isn't notable or impactful at all aside from the fact that it has Lando in it. You have Zeb and Ezra trying to get a ****ing fruit in another episode. And in another episode they're trying to do some environmental protection shit and save the space whales. Now, right after the episode where Kanan gets knighted, Ezra's dark sidey shit is further forshadowed, and Ahsoka finds out the terrible truth about Darth Vader, we get a ****ing episode about chopper running off to get a leg transplant or some shit.

Almost every episode in TCW had a point to it that related to the advancement of the plot or characters (with the obvious exception of that droid arc in season 5 that went on 3 more episodes than it really needed to). Even the boring political episodes with Padme mid-season 3 had some plot advancement, showing the extent of the effects on politics the war has.

The upcoming episodes with Maul, Vader, and Ahsoka are almost certainly going to be amazing, but until Rebels stops giving us filler for half of the episodes, I'm not rating it above TCW as a series.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Truth DMB, even the character specific episodes that were suppose to advanced the character development weren't all that great. I mean...I guess aside from Kallus and the last Hera one with her dad did something, but overall those character development episodes were rather...meh. Zeb's was...alright, though not sure if finding his whole species still alive and well was really needed.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Personally, I think DMB is completely wrong on this. Every single episode has advanced the main plot or developed characters in Rebels. Take the fruit episode. It wasn't particularly good but it certainly was not filler as it greatly developed the relationship between Ezra and Zeb. Comparatively, the majority of the arc in TCW feels distinct and separate from one another and the show rarely ever alludes to past episodes, especially in the early seasons. You could easily skip many of the arcs in TCW and you wouldn't even notice. Heck, many of the episodes aren't even in chronological order. It really wasn't until the later seasons that TCW began to become more serialized mainly with the Maul and Ahsoka story lines. But even then we got tons of unconnected arcs and these major storylines never tied together.

Now this doesn't mean either is better than another.

TLDR: There are few filler episodes in Rebels and the show is far more serialized than TCW ever was.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 04:42 AM