KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » What's the most likely to happen in "Twilight of the Apprentice"?

Well, what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ahsoka Tano's Death 10 58.82%
Darth Maul's Death 3 17.65%
Ezra Bridger's Fall to the Dark Side 4 23.53%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the most likely to happen in "Twilight of the Apprentice"?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
suuuurre

Edit: Also, was that a SW-vulture or a SW-owl circling Ahsoka and Ezra? And was it screeching / hooting? (I honestly don't remember).
Damn, it does look a lot more like an owl. It was screeching however, but not quite like a vulture.
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah she'll be fine.
"Among the Kikuyu of Kenya it was believed that owls were harbingers of death. If one saw an owl or heard its hoot, someone was going to die. In general, owls are viewed as harbingers of bad luck, ill health, or death. The belief is widespread even today."

Come on now.
Ya know, I'm surprised you and Beni aren't gunning for her to be alive at the end of all this given you 2 obsess over her.

I mean you really think she's gonna die? It's Disney and she's a big fan favorite, you'll forgive me if I think they lack any balls to do so given where it's all coming from.
I have nothing against her dying, sure I'll be upset but frankly? She is going to die at some point, she has to. As it stands I'm finding the build up to this suitably poetic and will take it graciously.

And frankly it would be anti-climatic if she didn't given the various indications.
We shall see come next week then. Either way, we'll both be surprised if either or happens and I'll be fine if I'm deemed wrong. I can admit that.
Well actually if she dies, only you will be suprised, and we will be telling you how you were thusly informed. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 24th, 2016 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yeah, a screeching owl is a textbook omen of death.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:48 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

How?

Because aside from Maul or Vader, no one is near her at all, and everyone knows it.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:51 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lel. Which is why she's only helped the Ghost crew it combat once....

And why her next combat showing features Maul and Vader....

Another failed attempt to demean Ahsoka from Freshest. smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because aside from Maul or Vader, no one is near her at all, and everyone knows it.
Good, that's how it should be. smile

But I don't see how it removes tension. She's barely even present during the show and even if she wasn't in the show, would you really be at the edge of your seat contemplating if the Inquisitors will finally murk Kanan and Ezra or someone else from the Ghost? And Ahsoka's presence during the finale indisputably raises tension.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:01 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah Future of the Force and Twilight of the Apprentice wouldn't have been and won't be nearly as good without Ahsoka's presence.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:09 PM
ares834

Honestly, they have been foreshadowing Ahsoka’s death so heavily I could see it being a misdirect. Which, I feel, would be disappointing considering all the buildup.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:36 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Damn, it does look a lot more like an owl. It was screeching however, but not quite like a vulture."Among the Kikuyu of Kenya it was believed that owls were harbingers of death. If one saw an owl or heard its hoot, someone was going to die. In general, owls are viewed as harbingers of bad luck, ill health, or death. The belief is widespread even today."

Come on now.I have nothing against her dying, sure I'll be upset but frankly? She is going to die at some point, she has to. As it stands I'm finding the build up to this suitably poetic and will take it graciously.

And frankly it would be anti-climatic if she didn't given the various indications.
Well actually if she dies, only you will be suprised, and we will be telling you how you were thusly informed. thumb up

It says right there, the owl can be viewed as bad luck, ill health or death. Doesn't mean specifically only death.

I was meaning the surprise factor for you, if she lives, not that if she dies.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Worst case scenario is she dies, best case scenario is she gets maimed and/or captured and not seen or heard from in a long time. Either way, it will be a bad day for Ahsoka.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 04:02 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It says right there, the owl can be viewed as bad luck, ill health or death. Doesn't mean specifically only death.

I was meaning the surprise factor for you, if she lives, not that if she dies.
Considering all the other indicators, death is most likely. She might be captured, but I wouldn't say it really fits.

Whatever happens only one of us will be surprised, not both of us.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 24th, 2016 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 04:14 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Good, that's how it should be. smile

But I don't see how it removes tension. She's barely even present during the show and even if she wasn't in the show, would you really be at the edge of your seat contemplating if the Inquisitors will finally murk Kanan and Ezra or someone else from the Ghost? And Ahsoka's presence during the finale indisputably raises tension.

She doesn't really need to be present. if anything her not being the focus of the show makes the sort of situation where she can show up to end any fight more jarring. It only raises tension because of Maul and Vader being present, only one of which even has a remote possibility of dying. There's only a few ways it can turn out without removing the illusion that anyone can challenge Ahsoka. Vader can't die, and has to be the unstoppable threat only Luke can face, otherwise the OT makes no sense. There's really no tension there at all. for the record, things like this are why I didn't like the vast majority of TCW plots involving Obi-Wan/Anakin and Dooku, because there was already a preset outcome.
Lel. Which is why she's only helped the Ghost crew it combat once....

And why her next combat showing features Maul and Vader....

Another failed attempt to demean Ahsoka from Freshest. smile

The fact that you think I have some type of agenda against a fake person is actually kind of retarded.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 04:32 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The fact that against Maul and Vader Ahsoka can die surely creates considerable tension.

I'd go as far to say Vader vs Ahsoka will be one of the most tense duels seen on screen...
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that you think I have some type of agenda against a fake person is actually kind of retarded.
Your agenda is pretty retarded, I agree. smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 04:46 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The fact that against Maul and Vader Ahsoka can die surely creates considerable tension.

That's actually not the plot of this show, so it really doesn't matter. Like I said, the fact that Vader and Maul need to show up to create tension is a problem.
quote:

I'd go as far to say Vader vs Ahsoka will be one of the most tense duels seen on screen...

I'd go as far to say that this has nothing to do with the point.
quote:

Your agenda is pretty retarded, I agree. smile

You're as transparent as Ezra being Snoke.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:00 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lol, the point is Ahsoka's impact on the show is it not?

Critiquing the rest of the cast and setting for not being able to create tension is what is not relevant.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:15 PM
Syndicate

Actually sort of agree with ares.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Thing is I don't see the reason, what is to be gained other than an anti-climax?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 07:08 PM
ares834

Surprise.

I’d also disagree that it’s anti-climatic. The duel itself is the climax, not necessarily the death.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 07:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I guess it depends what the it's substituted for, some suprises are lame.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 07:20 PM
ares834

Agreed, they often times are. But I wouldn't put it past Filoni to allow his pet character to survive even though I expect she is a goner.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 07:24 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

They said its like Empire Strikes Back. The Rebels have already had their base destroyed. It will literally be revealed to Ezra that Vader is Anakin causing him to reject the Dark Side. MAYBE Ahsoka dies in a Gandalf/ Obi-Wan 'fly you fools, this opponent is beyond any of you' moment. but I doubt it. I think she lives and then dies in Rogue One. That'd be a badass last stand for her.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote