KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » When does Anakin surpass Obi Wan?

When does Anakin surpass Obi Wan?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

When does Anakin surpass Obi Wan?

Discuss.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:23 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

As?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:07 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Hmm, legends-wise, around Jedi Quest/AotC
In fact iirc Kenobi says that the only thing that keeps Anakin from truly surpassing him is his reckless and emotional nature.

Canon wise? Well TCW made that hard, I'd say it was near RotS but that's vague as hell.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

In what? Skill, power, physical capabilities?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'd say doing better against Dooku in AotC proves he altogether surpassed him (in Legends and Canon) in pretty much every respect bar intellect.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Not in skill imo. I don't think he ever surpassed his master in skill. In power and physicals though I'd say it was shortly after AotC.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
In what? Skill, power, physical capabilities?

It never stated.

But imo Anakin never surpassed Kenobi in technical skill.

Like Soara said. He has the potential to become the greatest Jedi ever(period) but his emotions and lack finesse get the better of him.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Meh I don't know about that, when is Anakin ever said to lack finesse?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Never. I do remember him being stated to be one of the best Djem So practitioner Dooku has ever seen.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:13 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:14 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
As?

Any interesting category you want to talk about, ie:

Overall combative ability
Force mastery
Saber prowess
Technical saber skill

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:21 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Imo Anakin is the superior to Kenobi in physical prowess and force mastery by a little after AotC. He is a superior overall combatant some time into the Clone Wars and imo he never surpasses his master in technical skill.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:28 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Anakin surpassed Obi Wan defintly by ROTS, in I think all categories.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:43 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

@doucheydouche and Beni.

I'm only laying down what Soara says to a Pre AotC Anakin.

Plus I don't see Anakin having a lot of finesse it's more raw strength than anythin(duh)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:31 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Erza admires and uses Anakin's training holograms. But I guess it's difficult to measure how technically skilled he is compared to Obi Wan; they specialize in different forms, after all.

What we do know is that Anakin can use jar'kai as a padawan sufficiently to surprise and put Dooku on the offense, and if we're using Legends, creates his new lightsaber form for his suit within a matter of weeks while incorporating elements from a variety of forms and fighting styles. He's obviously pretty technically skilled.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 10:34 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Well, I'm talking about Legends Anakin here, not Canon or even a Comp Anakin lol.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:05 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Plus I don't see Anakin having a lot of finesse it's more raw strength than anythin(duh)

Let's see, your opinion, or Dooku's opinion.

Pretty sure Dooku is more valid.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:47 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah where does the idea that strength based fighters lack technical sophistication come from?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Let's see, your opinion, or Dooku's opinion.

Pretty sure Dooku is more valid.

Well it isn't my opinion, Anakin's stated to be reckless and emotional in combat in several sources so....?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:50 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Making rash decisions doesn't mean you lack finesse.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 12:04 AM