KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best Debaters

Best Debaters
Started by: Syndicate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (51): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syndicate

Best Debaters

Was thinking about this recently so I though I'd post the best debaters that come to mind.

Ellimist: High tier-extremely high tier all around. KMC.
EmperorDMB: At his peak when debating BT characters but mid-high tier everywhere else. KMC/Comic Vine.
DarthAnt: At his peak when debating KOTOR/SWTOR specifically when debating Malak/Revan. Mid tier everywhere else. KMC/Comic Vine.
ILS: At his peak when debating Maul/Savage but high tier everywhere else. KMC/Comic Vine.
ZiggyStardust: At his peak when debating Exar Kun and Ulic but high tier everywhere else. Comic Vine.

These are honestly the 5 best debaters in their chosen fields I've encountered in my time on versus forums which has been around 5 years now on about 6 different forums, 4 of which I'm active on.

Who are your top 5?

Last edited by Syndicate on May 16th, 2016 at 04:51 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

In no particular order:

The Ellimist
DarthBae66
DMB
ILS
ShootingNova

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:54 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Fair list.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

I appreciate your flattery, but I can't help but view you as a dangerous heretic, for there is One whose name you have not mentioned, a great Spectre of the Night, the Master of his Craft, the Shadow, debate's Commander, the Heart of Star Wars. In your heart you know who He is.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:55 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Maybe Tempest is as skilled as legends tell. I've never viewed his work for myself though and he seems to be in retirement. Unfortunately of the 5 years I debated I've only spent the last year on KMC and thus can't include Tempest on this list as I haven't viewed his mighty works with my own eyes.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:56 PM
JKBart
Site Head Manager

1. ILS
2. Tempest / Nova
3. Ant
4. Carthage / SirFizzWhizz
5. Intrupid37

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:58 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

What do you think of Ell bart?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:01 PM
FreshestSlice
Guardian Biotic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
1. ILS
2. Tempest / Nova
3. Ant
5. Intrupid37

You always manage to make the most shit tier of lists.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:01 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Who would you put in the top 5 Fresh? Not including yourself of course.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:02 PM
Aurbere

Primarily based on impact and ability to alter opinions, which is what debating is about.

Tempest: Too obvious to give any reason.
Nova: Again, too obvious.
DarthAnt66: His general impact on the forums view of Revan and KOTOR is pretty impressive. Rather than overhype the characters, he presented a reasonable approach and, admittedly, logical arguments for his stances.
ILS: His work with Maul and Savage is genuinely impressive and has actually caused many to move Maul and Savage up to levels many used to consided extremely unlikely. Talking about Dooku here. stick out tongue
DMB: Even though he's highly disagreeable, I can't deny that he's the best thing protecting Bane from rampant trolling. Just a shame that he's likely partially to blame for said trolling.

*shrug* My list.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Another fair list though I would like to hear reasons for Tempest/Nova if you have the time.

Also what's your opinion on Ell?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:07 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Excluding myself, my top five would be Silver, Ant, ILS, Ellimist, and Tempest

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

@OP, Disagreed. Being hyper-knowledgeable about a specific era you obsess over doesn't make you a good debater in that field. That just makes you a good source of information. I find Ant and DMB are generally more based and practical in their analyses when discussing other areas outside of their chosen fields.

As for me, if we're taking currently-active debaters into account, I think ILS is the most consistently excellent all around these days. EDIT: Ah, Freshest is pretty good too, but he's kinda like me in how he doesn't really go out of his way to debate as much as pick apart various stupidities from thread to thread.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on May 16th, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:08 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Site Head Manager

quote:
What do you think of Ell bart?

He would be in an extended TOP 10.

1. ILS
2. Tempest / Nova
3. Ant
5. Intrupid37
6. Beni
7. AncientPower / Ellimist
8. DMB
9. Stigma
10. DC

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:10 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist

@DMB What about Carthage?

Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Guardian Biotic

Originally posted by Syndicate
Who would you put in the top 5 Fresh? Not including yourself of course.

Why would I include myself in these lists? I don't debate; I make fun of debaters.

As for debating ability, I'd say a list similar to Joker's, only replace "Bae" with Ant because that's geyz. Also Elm has ****ing disgusting opinions.

Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by NewGuy01
@OP, Disagreed. Being hyper-knowledgeable about a specific era you obsess over doesn't make you a good debater in that field. That just makes you a good source of information. I find Ant and DMB are generally more based and practical in their analyses when discussing other areas outside of their chosen fields.

As for me, if we're taking currently-active debaters into account, I think ILS is the most consistently excellent all around these days.

Oh New Guy. You would've made the list but I haven't seen any in depth debates. You seem generally knowledgeable and like a good debater though.

Btw thoughts on Ell?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:11 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Shit I forgot about Silver

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:11 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Why would I include myself in these lists? I don't debate; I make fun of debaters.

As for debating ability, I'd say a list similar to Joker's, only replace "Bae" with Ant because that's geyz. Also Elm has ****ing disgusting opinions.

Fair enough.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:12 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Shit I forgot about Silver

Who would you kick out for Silver?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:13 PM