KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Rogue One re-shoots rumoured to be in order to 'lighten the mood'

Rogue One re-shoots rumoured to be in order to 'lighten the mood'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Rogue One re-shoots rumoured to be in order to 'lighten the mood'

http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details...ne-r-1779744810

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/...t-the-reshoots/

Recently, Rogue One went back for some re-shoots over the summer amidst some apparent disquiet from Disney over the first cut.

Rumour mill now says, however, that the re-shoots are not about general quality, but about the film being tonally wrong ("tonally deaf", says one source) and, now some are saying, the re-shoots are entirely about brightening the mood; Disney is worried it has gone too far from feeling like a Star Wars movie.

Hmm, not sure on this one. On the one hand, this film feeling like Star Wars is a concern I share, but I certainly didn't get the impression from what I've seen that it is in any way 'too dark'. Getting a little bit more grim is very acceptable territory for Star Wars spin-offs, I'd have thought.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

perhaps a result of hollywood paranoia over the viability of dark films because of BvS's failure. we could speculate forever.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The trailer didn't really reveal much, but it definitely has a potential to be a lot more "dark and gritty" than your average SW movie.

I just hope this "mood brightening" doesn't feel shoe-horned and make a mess of the film.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Re-shoots for mood brightening... that doesn't sound too good for any movie. Patches for something that could be very good... or band-aids for something that doesn't work (and never will)...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 06:43 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

maybe it just wasn't dense enough...not enough things going on in every frame.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2016 03:11 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Here's more from the crazy rumour mill:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-reshoots-details/

40% of film to be re-shot, Disney unhappy with director (but the idea that Christopher McQuarrie would take over the direction was shot down almost immediately).

Note Disney's response to the rumours at the bottom hasn't done a good job of refuting them.

Writer Gary Whitta has a stronger response to Reddit talk:

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/stat...559114628894724

I can't get over him being the writer. I remember him as an early 90s reviewer of Amiga games, back in the day...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

40%... if that is correct, Rogue One is in for a bumpy ride...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 06:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Possibly making the whole thread pointless- EW reports that the reshoots are mostly conversational, are nothing like 40% and mood is not the issue:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

BtVS

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 08:14 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Good news.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2016 09:25 AM
Darth Thor

I really hope they're not reshooting to change the tone of the film.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Possibly making the whole thread pointless- EW reports that the reshoots are mostly conversational, are nothing like 40% and mood is not the issue:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

That is good news. Makes a lot of sense.

Who are these people that need to spread silly rumours like the world in ending or something? In the end it sounds like movie business as usual.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 09:05 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

so long as it has the Emperor and/or Vader making appearances then its green light for me

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 11:15 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr... that would be the only thing that you would approve of?

I hope: NO emperor... and MAYBE a very short cameo bY vader at the end... But if they are required to make Rogue One a good movie, it's doomed.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 03:17 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Madsmeister himself comments:

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/...-remove-scenes/

Rumours still flying around both ways on this, including the view (echoed by Mads here) that Disney is riding it for publicity.

Oh, spoiler for his character in that link btw.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 11th, 2016 at 09:01 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2016 08:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, still sounds like business as usual. Just normal pick-ups, tuning and stuff. I think the 'changing the tone' rumour has little ground, it's just a huge film. And pick ups are part of it.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2016 12:29 PM