KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kreia or Vergere?

Who is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kreia 6 35.29%
Vergere 11 64.71%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kreia or Vergere?
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Kreia or Vergere?

Which is the better character and why? Discuss.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I won't vote yet - they're both very interesting, so I'll wait to see how the discussion plays out.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 01:35 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It's difficult, tbh.

I found Vergere's outlooks more interesting, simply because they were much easier to swallow. What Kreia actually manages to achieve, and the background she comes from makes her holistically a more interesting character for me though. If Vergere was actually in better written stories I might like her more

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Vergere was more of a guide than kreia, who was much more influential. Kreia was such a downer though. I personally enjoyed vergere's unique view of the force and TUF was one of the best sw books I've read.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 01:43 AM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Vergere, for me. It probably helps that she stars in better stories than the trainwreck that was KOTOR II; then again, should Traya get points for still managing to shine regardless?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Kreia being the lone turd-log among the fetid shitswamp that is KOTOR2 doesn't really mean all that much to me.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:09 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Just hinging the conversation on their philosophies, Vergere has a titanic advantage over Kreia. Multiple full-length novels have explored it, most obviously Traitor, which is what you get when you put a philosophy textbook and a regular Star Wars story in a blender. It's a damn good read. This coming from someone who thinks Vergere's worldview is ultimately bullshit. But it's well-written bullshit all the same.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:12 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I switch between the two, Vergere has a much more grounded way of challenging the existing views of the Force. On the other hand Kreia has some truly brilliant dialogue, ignoring the Sith Hermetica, she blows Vergere out of the water with her wisdom.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:14 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Wisdom? lol

And Vergere doesn't have brilliant dialogue? I strongly encourage you to reread Traitor.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:17 AM
MS Warehouse

I think kreia plays the invisible hand much better and more potently than vergere.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:19 AM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I have read it, but some Kreia dialogue nuggets, that you need stupidly high Wisdom to converse through, are great.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
I have read it, but some Kreia dialogue nuggets, that you need stupidly high Wisdom to converse through, are great.

Got links? Or snippets?

Emperordmb
LSDMB

Vergere, she never devolved into some killing the Force shit.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

If we forgot about the "killing the Force part", who's better? I want to see if this changes opinions.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:26 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

The only thing that bothers me about the Force killing bullshit is that it was ever treated seriously by the characters, writers, and fans. It should instead be treated like any modern-day jihadist. No podunk terrorist will ever be able to slay the Dragondestroy America. Doesn't mean they're not dangerous, though.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:29 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Got links? Or snippets?

One example being: https://youtu.be/s5w9LBcYu5g

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 02:54 AM
Darth Abonis

Vergere. Her plan of turning Jacen Solo to the dark side, was amazing process. Kreia was just a pissy old lady

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Which she had Lumiya's help in doing.

Kreia trained Revan, the Exile, and Nihilus and manufactured the fall of both Force using orders. Paving the way for a reborn Jedi Order and a rebuilt Galactic Republic, restored and founded by her apprentice, which became the apex of the Old Republic and Jedi Order in terms of strength. This gave them the strength to hold off the Sith Empire.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 03:15 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by AncientPower
One example being: https://youtu.be/s5w9LBcYu5g

That's not bad at all, but I'm not convinced that the Avellone/Kreia combo is any match for Stover/Vergere. There's nothing in that video that is especially groundbreaking.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 11:44 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Temp, what do you think of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvS5MLnG0Y

Most people think this is either a terribly long-winded, useless monologue, or an amazing speech that sums up the game.

Either way, you have to admit that Kreia's voice actor, Sara Kestelman, was brilliant.

Anyway, these videos manage to capture most of Kreia's greatest moments in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MXXjX1TeIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlgUFQXbXcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrZzNbtjt7A

Last edited by SunRazer on Jun 20th, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 12:11 PM