KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How powerful will Kylo Ren be in Episode VIII?

How powerful will Kylo Ren be in Episode VIII?
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Oh yeah... that pansy.
Well he always was a crybaby.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2016 03:48 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:33 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 26th, 2016 05:15 AM
Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

In The Force Awakens Kylo's already pretty powerful. In the novelization and the junior novelization Kylo, when he was to injured and hindered to stand, blocked Rey's lightsaber strikes so considering how much energy a lightsaber containes (more then Force Lightning besides Sidious's or Valkorion's) it's damn impressive. Seeing that Kylo's greatest hindrance was his pull to the Light and by killing Han Solo he overwon this, he's probably going to grow quite a bit towards episode VIII.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 10:57 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
In The Force Awakens Kylo's already pretty powerful. In the novelization and the junior novelization Kylo, when he was to injured and hindered to stand, blocked Rey's lightsaber strikes so considering how much energy a lightsaber containes (more then Force Lightning besides Sidious's or Valkorion's) it's damn impressive. Seeing that Kylo's greatest hindrance was his pull to the Light and by killing Han Solo he overwon this, he's probably going to grow quite a bit towards episode VIII.
Kylo Ren and Rey's fight was pitiful.

Finn was able to tag him and Finn lost to a stormtrooper earlier despite having superior weaponry, as opposed to a stun baton. :/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I myself favor the Pt fights as opposed to the episode seven duel. I suspect they will both be much improved in episode eight.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 03:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I 'got' the ST fights... I didn't get or go along with the PT fights. All eye candy, no content.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Jmanghan
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, right.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 01:28 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
(please log in to view the image)
They weren't Graceful at all, they it looked (as Luminara would say) unrefined, amatuerish, and sloppy.

To me, that just... isn't entertaining :/

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

They weren't Graceful at all, they it looked (as Luminara would say) unrefined, amatuerish, and sloppy.

All those awesome moves they did in the PT was eye-catching and awesome, bad-ass saber action.

In Episode 7 its like... SWING, oh, she ducked under a tree, swing, block, run away, swing, run away.

It was so boring, but it was a climax and emotionally gripping, so that makes the fight worth watching, right?...

Nah, not if there isn't an finesse, and over-the-top shit going on.

I rarely look up the old fights from the 70's and 80's.

The fights from the Hope trailer in SWTOR, and all those trailer fights had me hooked, and I didnt even know who they were.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I 'got' the ST fights... I didn't get or go along with the PT fights. All eye candy, no content.
Iyo. They were more entertaining IMO than the Ren/Finn/Rey fight. I'm hoping they vastly improve their movements in the next film.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 03:30 AM
queeq
Chaos

All those awesome moves they did in the PT was eye-catching and awesome, bad-ass saber action.

In Episode 7 its like... SWING, oh, she ducked under a tree, swing, block, run away, swing, run away.

It was so boring, but it was a climax and emotionally gripping, so that makes the fight worth watching, right?...

Nah, not if there isn't an finesse, and over-the-top shit going on.

I rarely look up the old fights from the 70's and 80's.

The fights from the Hope trailer in SWTOR, and all those trailer fights had me hooked, and I didnt even know who they were.

I dunno. The Rey-Kylo fight LOOKED like a fight. Not like a ballet where nothing seemed to be at stake, since everyone looked so careless about it. Maybe with the OB1/Ani fight as an exception, but that one was so tediously long with overused CGI stuff, that it completely missed the mark.

The Rey-Kylo fight was a FIGHT... rough, crude... something was at stake and... it looked real.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 06:50 PM
DarthDuelist9

Finn was able to tag him and Finn lost to a stormtrooper earlier despite having superior weaponry, as opposed to a stun baton. :/

Finn himself was one of the best Stormtroopers in the entire First Order while FN-2199, the stormtrooper Finn lost to, was similarly skilled. In the novel Before The Awakening Finn actually defeats FN-2199 in melee combat and a possible reason for him losing in TFA is that he isn't really familiar with a lightsaber, something which he should be by the time Kylo Ren defeats him. Also, both the novelization and junior novelization note that Kylo was toying with Finn until he decides to end things, something he does in a couple blows while extremely hindered.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2016 07:47 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Plus... Finn was holding a completely unknown weapon for the first time. Like shooting a gun for the first time, your shot will be crap. But when you know what's coming, there's immediate improvement.

That said, to me Finn didn't look to have a chance against Kylo. He hit him, yes, but other than that he was no match at all for Kylo.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2016 07:41 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I don't know why they need to be graceful. Especially since a lack of grace fits in with Kylo's typical rage and brutality, and Rey's expected lack of finesse and experience. Graceful swordplay from either of them in that movie would have felt out of character and contrived, respectively.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Plus... it's a FIGHT... not a ballet!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 07:11 AM
Jmanghan

I dunno. The Rey-Kylo fight LOOKED like a fight. Not like a ballet where nothing seemed to be at stake, since everyone looked so careless about it. Maybe with the OB1/Ani fight as an exception, but that one was so tediously long with overused CGI stuff, that it completely missed the mark.

The Rey-Kylo fight was a FIGHT... rough, crude... something was at stake and... it looked real.
It rather it have been over-the-top and cool like most saber fights, instead of two people just blindly swinging at one another. It was boring.

Who cares whats at stake, bring in the acrobatic and bad-ass stunts, thats the only reason I enjoyex the prequels.

I liked all the lightsaber fights in the prequels more then any fight in ANH, ESB, RoTJ, or TFA.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 07:23 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Who cares whats at stake, bring in the acrobatic and bad-ass stunts, thats the only reason I enjoyex the prequels.
I don't like the first part of your sentence, but I'm really glad you said that at the end.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 09:26 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't like the first part of your sentence, but I'm really glad you said that at the end.
Enjoyed.

I like emotion in some of my fights, but for me, the swordplay usually outweighs the heightened emotions of the fight.

Look at Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul, great fight.

Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

The fight between Anakin and Dooku in AOTC was awesome.

The fight between Luke and Vader in RoTJ is the only one I really, really like.

But to me, none of those can hold a candle to the fights shown in TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

To me, Rey vs Kylo Ren just felt like Ben Kenobi vs Vader all over again, slow and boring.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2016 03:56 AM