KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Atton Rand vs. Starkiller

Atton Rand vs. Starkiller
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Atton Rand vs. Starkiller

Here is an in depth look at the powerful Atton Rand
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...on-rand/128108/

Can Starkiller hope to beat him

Force sabers all out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 08:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I'm gonna say Atton. The thread provided paint Atton as a very skilled and powerful Jedi, and his training as an assassin under Darth Revan, as well as his experiences in the JCW make him accustom to killing Jedi. This would most likely be a decent fight, but I think Atton's training and experience will be enough to take Starkiller down.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 11:10 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You're an idiot.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 11:54 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Why yes, yes I am when it comes to a lot of things. But this is my opinion, and I stand by it. Personal attacks won't do shit to help you.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 11:56 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You can't assume any character with mildly impressive accolades is an opponent on the level of someone like Vader or Starkiller.

I highly doubt random would be able to shield and destroy a 300 meter ship as they were going through orbital reentry. This is just common sense.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:05 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

After reading what was shared about Atton I simply don't think Starkiller is vastly superior. I'll admit Starkiller has an easy edge in the Force, but Atton is the superior duelist and hand to hand combatant thanks to his training and experience. It's by no means a stomp, but I don't think Starkiller's Force advantage is enough to win this; especially considering how shitty Starkiller's Force defenses are. I don't think Starkiller is on Vader's level, his victory in both their duels were circumstantial, and both Galen and Starkiller were losing the fight before they started relying on outside means to win.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:11 AM
UCanShootMyNova

What feats does Atton have that place him as a superior duelist? Hell what accolades does he have that's better then "having nearly perfected lightsaber combat." Before growing vastly in power.

Galen and Starkiller's force defenses are not shitty at all. Galen was able to defend against TFU Vader's telekinesis and he's collapsed cathedrals with labyrinths. Starkiller's defenses were never overwhelmed except in a contradicted cut scene.

How was his victory over Vader circumstantial? He was the one who had just fought through Imperial forces beforehand.

Galen wasn't losing the fight at any point except for when Vader became enraged briefly due to his failed Dun Moch attempt.

Starkiller was unable to break through Vader's defense but that didn't mean he was incapable of doing so. He simply didn't have the time to do so with the woman he loved dying close by which is why he allows himself to be disarmed to get Vader to lower his guard.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:20 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

When you make a troll thread but people start to legitimately debate it

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:20 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
considering how shitty Starkiller's Force defenses are.

He found a maintenance ladder leading to an air lock and leapt up it in two bounds, blowing the inner hatch as he came. He could feel a wild drumming from the far side of the outer door. The ship was moving so fast now that unexposed flesh wouldn't last a microsecond. He would have to rely on a Force shield to keep him safe. A single lapse in concentration would be the end of him.

This was where it got difficult. He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.
He also had to keep in mind the target ahead-a target he couldn't see through the plasma, but had to hit square-on or else the planetary shield generators wouldn't fail. No matter what happened, he had to fly straight.

He raised his hands and spread his fingers wide. His eyes closed tightly against the fiery brightness of the plasma. With each bucking and shaking of the ship beneath him, he encouraged himself to ride with it instead of fighting it. He was part of the ship, not a passenger. He was the ship, not a reckless pilot guiding it to destruction.

In the same way that he could feel his fingers and roes, his mind seeped outward into the metal and plastoid of the frigate, until every joint and weld, every porthole and deck became part of his sense of being. There was no line anymore between Starkiller and the Salvation. They were one and the same being, from the perspective of the Force.

He raised his right arm, and the ship followed the movement, listing slowly and heavily to starboard. Some of the headlong shuddering faded, as though it were grateful to have someone at the helm again. Even the wind's shrieking seemed to ebb.

With his mind and all the power of the Force, Starkiller embraced what remained of the frigate beneath him-and blew it into a billion pieces

The ship was almost upon them when the figure brought his hands down in a fierce, pounding motion, and the last solid fragment of the Salivation exploded into fiery pieces.

Juno coughed and wished she could wipe her eyes clear of ash. Her ship had blown itself practically to atoms; she had seen it happen, right in front of her. There was no chance at all that Starkiller could have survived. He had been riding right on top of it.

Starkiller's eyes jerked open. Where was he? All was dark around him. He smelled smoke and his body felt as though it had been hit by an asteroid. The last thing he remembered was tightening the Force shield around him and destroying the Salvation so it wouldn't kill Juno.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

When you post a stale spongebob meme.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:21 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Ant posting wanky Starkiller quotes?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:23 AM
darthbane77

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What feats does Atton have that place him as a superior duelist? Hell what accolades does he have that's better then "having nearly perfected lightsaber combat." Before growing vastly in power.

Galen and Starkiller's force defenses are not shitty at all. Galen was able to defend against TFU Vader's telekinesis and he's collapsed cathedrals with labyrinths. Starkiller's defenses were never overwhelmed except in a contradicted cut scene.

How was his victory over Vader circumstantial? He was the one who had just fought through Imperial forces beforehand.

Galen wasn't losing the fight at any point except for when Vader became enraged briefly due to his failed Dun Moch attempt.

Starkiller was unable to break through Vader's defense but that didn't mean he was incapable of doing so. He simply didn't have the time to do so with the woman he loved dying close by which is why he allows himself to be disarmed to get Vader to lower his guard.
Starkiller admitted inferiority to Vader as a duelist first of all. Atton's superiority comes from the training he received as well as his experience; he's completely used to fighting and killing Jedi, such was his profession. I'll admit to not being totally objective right now, I REALLY ****ing hate Galen and Starkiller because of how overrated he is. Let me read up him again and I'll come back.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:23 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

When someone calls your SpongeBob meme stale

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:24 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by darthbane77
Starkiller admitted inferiority to Vader as a duelist first of all. Atton's superiority comes from the training he received as well as his experience; he's completely used to fighting and killing Jedi, such was his profession. I'll admit to not being totally objective right now, I REALLY ****ing hate Galen and Starkiller because of how overrated he is. Let me read up him again and I'll come back.

Quote?

How would Atton's training as an average Sith assassin for a few years equate to training under Vader for over a decade?

You're only admitting that because everybody thinks you're an utter retard for claiming near featless characters would beat him.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:25 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I can't help but feel partly responsible for this.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by |King Joker|
When someone calls your SpongeBob meme stale

When you manage to rustle someone's jimmies.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:28 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Selenial
I can't help but feel partly responsible for this.

laughing out loud

To be fair, db77 has Galen only slightly above the average jedi knight.

Which begs the question, how shit does he think Darth Vader is?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He's actually stated that he thinks Vader let Galen beat him. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:30 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He's actually stated that he thinks Vader let Galen beat him. laughing out loud

So does Witwer. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote