KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Kylo Ren being redeemed.

Kylo Ren being redeemed.
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Kylo Ren being redeemed.

I had some more thoughts on Kylo Ren's redemption; As we know Rey in episode 8 is supposed to be taking a deeper walk into the dark side and Kylo Ren is struggling with the light as he mentioned to his grandfather/Vader in Episode 7. I thought of some possibilities of Ben being redeemed. For one, he could come to the light at the last second of whatever may happen to him whether he is dead or alive. Second, he could come to the light in order to save Rey out of the dark side he could put his life on the line for her as Vader did with Luke when he was being shocked up by Palpatine. Third Rey could put her life in front of Kylo Ren's to save his life and this allows him to come to the light. Fourth, he could get into a fight with Rey and Rey either knocks him to an inch of his life or kills him and he comes to the light in that fashion. Fifth, Kylo Ren defeats Rey either injuring her or killing her and comes to his senses that things have come to far and he comes to the light in that fashion. What are some of your thoughts about Kylo Ren being redeemed?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 06:32 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

I don't want him to be redeemed; that's too boring.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 12:55 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Kylo shouldn't be redeemed, him killing his father only reinforces that he's gone to far.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 10:25 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

He will be REDEEMED and Him and Rey will hook up and make little Force babies.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Enter trilogy no. 4.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 07:13 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Kylo shouldn't be redeemed, him killing his father only reinforces that he's gone to far.

...did you forget that episode where vader killed a room full of children and then went off to choke his pregnant wife out?
it's okay if you did, i'm trying to forget it as well.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by queeq
Enter trilogy no. 4.

With Disney involved I think the "trilogy" concept has been tossed right out the window.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
...did you forget that episode where vader killed a room full of children and then went off to choke his pregnant wife out?
it's okay if you did, i'm trying to forget it as well.
It was so dark and epic. And so cool.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

There wasn't anything exactly wrong with it either....it was simple and to the point. In fact, of all the same redundant criticisms GL receives on a daily basis (I think for like 17 years now, and yes, some are legit) the entire order 66 montage was one of the best sequences out of all 7 films.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2016 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It was so dark and epic. And so cool.

And dense.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 9th, 2016 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2016 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If he is the inverse of Luke Skywalker then absolutely not. He should state dark side to the end unlike that flip flopper, Anakin.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2016 03:40 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by quanchi112
If he is the inverse of Luke Skywalker then absolutely not. He should state dark side to the end unlike that flip flopper, Anakin.
Weak... he was weak... you're strong. Crush him.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2016 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Kylo's worshipping that "weakling." Begging his corpse for help laughing out loud

The creators of TFA basically accepted they couldn't make a villain as Epic as Vader, so chose to have their villain worshiping him instead. Kind of a smart move in a way.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kylo's worshipping that "weakling." Begging his corpse for help laughing out loud

The creators of TFA basically accepted they couldn't make a villain as Epic as Vader, so chose to have their villain worshiping him instead. Kind of a smart move in a way.
In the end Vader was weak. He looked up to what Vader was like prior to his epic fall. Kylo shouldn't make the same mistakes as Vader. Vader in the end was a cripple who wasn't even mentally strong enough to finish what he started. Kylo has to take up the mantle. Kylo in one film has already surpassed him in evil. Long live the First Order.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 12:58 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh please. vader choking preggers-padme and killing babies is way worse than kylo euthanizing his geriatric dad.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 08:12 PM
Darth Thor

Kylo's already conflicted. We saw that throughout the film. The reason he killed his Dad was to prove to himself that he's completely turned, but he's just lying to himself.

He's still not embraced the dark side to the extent Vader did, so of course he's still redeemable. In fact I would prefer it if they redeemed him. Would make him a far more compelling character IMO.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 07:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

oh please. vader choking preggers-padme and killing babies is way worse than kylo euthanizing his geriatric dad.
Iyo which is irrelevant to the personal connection both had with their own family members. Vader killed Jedi but he was unable to give his son over to the emperor. Kylo also killed the Jedi he trained with under Luke so I have you both ways. Kylo is definitively more evil and faithful to the dark side than Anakin ever was.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 05:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kylo's already conflicted. We saw that throughout the film. The reason he killed his Dad was to prove to himself that he's completely turned, but he's just lying to himself.

He's still not embraced the dark side to the extent Vader did, so of course he's still redeemable. In fact I would prefer it if they redeemed him. Would make him a far more compelling character IMO.
You are so damn weak you really make me sick. You want him to redeem himself similarly to how Vader lost his balls. So essentially you didn't like Vader but more so Anakin. Disgusting.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 05:11 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by quanchi112
Iyo which is irrelevant to the personal connection both had with their own family members. Vader killed Jedi but he was unable to give his son over to the emperor. Kylo also killed the Jedi he trained with under Luke so I have you both ways. Kylo is definitively more evil and faithful to the dark side than Anakin ever was.

but vader DID give his son over to the emperor. not to mention cutting his hand off.

kylo came off as remorseful and confliced throughout the whole film and even after killing solo. vader in ep4 was an off-the-leash mad dog with no remorse at all.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 05:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

but vader DID give his son over to the emperor. not to mention cutting his hand off.

kylo came off as remorseful and confliced throughout the whole film and even after killing solo. vader in ep4 was an off-the-leash mad dog with no remorse at all.
There was good in him and he chose to kill the emperor over his son. He came back in the end.

Kylo wasn't delusional like Vader who was in denial. Ben admitted it was difficult but that didn't stop him from killing that worthless bastard, Han Solo. Kylo isn't a traitor like Vader turned out to be in the end.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Oct 12th, 2016 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 05:37 PM