KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ren or Vader; Choose wisely

Who do you prefer ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kylo Ren 9 16.07%
Darth Vader 47 83.93%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ren or Vader; Choose wisely
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

ares834 is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I wouldn't compare Vader to Anakin either, so it's OK. wink

thumb up

That true, I wouldn't either. Vader's far more powerful.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:22 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by aalyasecura95
to ucanshootmynova: sorry but it is up to us the debaters to call disney out on bs and this is bs. do you think kylo would even stand a chance against someone like ahsoka?? not buying it. if disney is handing out statements like that to people like kylo then pretty much anyone could get them in the future. when will it be too far for you??? when moralo eval is top duelist in the galaxy??? dont take everything at face value thats called being gullible. from: aalyasecura95

Is this Jack or one of the Ancients?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:23 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

That true, I wouldn't either. Vader's far more powerful.

Tbh. thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:23 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

to darthbane77: it has no weight until it is properly proven when kylo does something impressive until then its not to be taken at face value. if we just believed them without evidence that would be dumb because they are just words the phrase action speaks louder than words comes to mind here.

to ucanshootmynova: so no response to my argument?? also i'm not ancient lol i joined really recently and jack??? i assume thats some guy on this site? although i dont care either way just would like to see you defend that obviously bs quote instead of dodging the question please. from: aalyasecura95

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:47 AM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

lmao

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:49 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

to darthbane77: it has no weight until it is properly proven when kylo does something impressive until then its not to be taken at face value. if we just believed them without evidence that would be dumb because they are just words the phrase action speaks louder than words comes to mind here.

to ucanshootmynova: so no response to my argument?? also i'm not ancient lol i joined really recently and jack??? i assume thats some guy on this site? although i dont care either way just would like to see you defend that obviously bs quote instead of dodging the question please. from: aalyasecura95
Not seeing anything that refutes my quote lol. Your opinion is cancer, and that's saying something coming from me. And these guys think I'm bad lol.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:12 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Quan. I love you. But how are you going to haunt the entire forum?
Endless replies attacking Vader.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:21 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

to ucanshootmynova: sorry but it is up to us the debaters to call disney out on bs and this is bs. do you think kylo would even stand a chance against someone like ahsoka?? not buying it. if disney is handing out statements like that to people like kylo then pretty much anyone could get them in the future. when will it be too far for you??? when moralo eval is top duelist in the galaxy??? dont take everything at face value thats called being gullible. from: aalyasecura95
This is all prior to Kylo's training being complete. Look at Anakin in AOTC and how moronic and childish he was. Mark my words boy and mark them well. Ren will make Vader look pathetic by trilogy's end.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:24 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by quanchi112
This is all prior to Kylo's training being complete. Look at Anakin in AOTC and how moronic and childish he was. Mark my words boy and mark them well. Ren will make Vader look pathetic by trilogy's end.

You understand it my friend smile

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 05:47 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

playa1258 is online now!

Vader is far superior to Kylo Ren. Vader has the feats in the Disney canon to prove it. Kylo is also afraid he will never be on the level of Vader.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 06:10 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

As a combatant? Vader stomps, yeah.

As a character? I don't think Vader is out of Ren's league, tbh.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 08:16 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by playa1258
Vader is far superior to Kylo Ren. Vader has the feats in the Disney canon to prove it. Kylo is also afraid he will never be on the level of Vader.

Feats say everything now? Kylo is afrad that he isn't going to be as strong as Vader, you're the one placing a combative context around it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 09:02 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by MythLord
As a combatant? Vader stomps, yeah.

As a character? I don't think Vader is out of Ren's league, tbh.

Vader wasn't stomping Ahsoka so he is definitely not going to stomp Kylo.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 09:04 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Kylo's a match for Ahsoka now?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 10:00 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Vader wasn't stomping Ahsoka so he is definitely not going to stomp Kylo.

Rebels Tano is probably > Ren, tbh.

And I was referring to EU Vader.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 10:34 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Comparing Kylo Ren to Vader is like comparing Luke Walton to to Lebron James. Kylo so far has been a terrible emo-like character well suited for millennials.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 12:08 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

He's probably better then Ahsoka... Let me explain myself here:

What makes a Force user a good combatant (both with the Force and a lightsaber)? It's his/her training, potential, raw power, aptitude for combat, ....right? So it's pretty believable that all those characteristics point towards Kylo , due to his lineage (grandson of Anakin Skywalker) and the accolades he received (from the Visual Guide), besides the training both fighters received which is the most important argument for Ahsoka I've seen come foward. Now let's analyze the training Kylo's received up to The Force Awakens and compare it to Ahsoka's.

First we know that Luke Skywalker, Ben/Kylo's Jedi Master, was trained by Yoda to the point that he was considered a full fledged Jedi Knight (RotJ), sure his time under Yoda was limited but his immense potential in the Force made up for that (besides that in the Revenge of the Sith novelization Yoda says to Obi-Wan that the traditional methode of training isn't the only way to do it IIRC). At this point Luke should be able to pass down his knowledge and train other students to that same extent like for example was done in the PT Jedi Order, right?
Add to that the fact that Luke began studying the Force extensively after the destruction of the Empire (Source: Bloodline, The Character Encyclopedia and Shattered Empire comic) and learned a lot from Lor San Tekka, who recovered much of the old Jedi's history, possessed many Jedi secrets, visited every single Jedi ruin and had knowledge about many ancient Jedi traditions. So Kylo's Jedi training was provided by someone who was not only a trained Jedi himself but also studied the Force and the Jedi traditions of the old Order. Now is the training Anakin's capable of providing Ahsoka really better then Luke's? To my opinion, no becuase Luke actually studied the Force to a greater degree over a longer duration of time.

However this was only Kylo's Jedi training, if we now take a look at his training under Snoke, who was said to have immense knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force and how Kylo, even at the point of The Force Awakens, has studied rare Dark Side lore then it's only logical that not only did Kylo receive more training then Ahsoka but also to noticeable greater degree (Ahsoka was never noted to have studied rare Force powers or anything in that area).

That's why I think Kylo's a better combatant then Ahsoka, every single aspect that defines a warrior is pointed towards Kylo Ren, from pure connection to the Force to his training.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 12:16 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In terms of his knowledge and mastery over the Force, Kylo is probably better than Ahsoka. However in terms of duelling talent, within the scope of Canon, classically trained duelists > those products of improvised teachings, and the primitive style he demonstrates in TFA is deliberately intended to reflect that. Kylo's Force advantage isn't substantial enough to make up for Ahsoka's advantage in skill imo when she's holding her own against powerhouses like Maul & Vader, so indeed, she would best him.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
An untrained Kylo. Anakin was afraid of losing his mother, wife, and was disrespected by the Jedi in his own infantile mind. Kylo already eclipsed him in evil. His blaster bolt catching force feat eclipses live action Vader as well. Kylo is better. Wait until you see him when his training has been completed.

Snoke and Kylo >>>Palpatine and Vader. Mark my words. I've said it from the beginning.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Comparing Kylo Ren to Vader is like comparing Luke Walton to to Lebron James. Kylo so far has been a terrible emo-like character well suited for millennials.
Another post highlighting your emotional laden posts which no one takes seriously. Kylo Ren is a big deal. His training isn't even complete yet. I get it you like a guy who cried when he lost his mother and his pathetic wife. You are probably crying at this very moment but I bet you can't explain why. Weak.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:05 PM