KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ren or Vader; Choose wisely

Who do you prefer ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kylo Ren 9 16.07%
Darth Vader 47 83.93%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ren or Vader; Choose wisely
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MS Warehouse

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Another post highlighting your emotional laden posts which no one takes seriously. Kylo Ren is a big deal. His training isn't even complete yet. I get it you like a guy who cried when he lost his mother and his pathetic wife. You are probably crying at this very moment but I bet you can't explain why. Weak.

Yes. This coming from the child nerd raging about his character sucking and threatening to stalk those who disagree with him, then making a thread confirming his butthurt.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:14 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Beniboybling
In terms of his knowledge and mastery over the Force, Kylo is probably better than Ahsoka. However in terms of duelling talent, within the scope of Canon, classically trained duelists > those products of improvised teachings, and the primitive style he demonstrates in TFA is deliberately intended to reflect that. Kylo's Force advantage isn't substantial enough to make up for Ahsoka's advantage in skill imo when she's holding her own against powerhouses like Maul & Vader, so indeed, she would best him.

That would be true for Star Wars Rebels where you have Kanan who's barely trained as a Padawan. Looking at how Luke was able to match Vader, a classically trained duelist, and how he gained a vast amount of knowledge about the old Jedi Order (which most likely included the fighting styles), I doubt that it would make Ahsoka > Kylo in terms of duelling especially since this same Luke trianed Kylo.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:51 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Yes. This coming from the child nerd raging about his character sucking and threatening to stalk those who disagree with him, then making a thread confirming his butthurt.

[ittp://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/316/773/59d.jpg[/img]
What kind of emotional wimp thinks stalking is replying to dissenters on a message board people come to debate. If your skin is this thin avoid this site at all costs. Stalkers everywhere you crybaby wimp.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:22 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
That would be true for Star Wars Rebels where you have Kanan who's barely trained as a Padawan. Looking at how Luke was able to match Vader, a classically trained duelist, and how he gained a vast amount of knowledge about the old Jedi Order (which most likely included the fighting styles), I doubt that it would make Ahsoka > Kylo in terms of duelling especially since this same Luke trianed Kylo.
You're speculating. The fact remains that Kylo has only demonstrated crude talent with a lightsaber, the weapon itself reflecting his inexperience, and though Luke's knowledge of Jedi history and traditions appears somewhat substantial, I'm seeing no evidence to suggest it involved comprehensive knowledge of the Jedi fighting arts, which it stands to reason was largely erased by the Empire.

Luke may have been able to match Vader in Form V but Kylo is no Luke, and I see no reason to believe he'd be a match for someone who was trained by Anakin, one of the greatest Jedi of the Order (whereas Luke lacks both resources and experience as a teacher) and developed lightsaber talents that proved a challenge for Vader and rivalled that of Darth Maul, one of the most skilled Sith in history.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

What kind of emotional wimp thinks stalking is replying to dissenters on a message board people come to debate. If your skin is this thin avoid this site at all costs. Stalkers everywhere you crybaby wimp.
boo hoo

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:23 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

boo hoo
So you just confirmed your tears. By the way Vader is dead. Kylo isn't. Win/win.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:24 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

So you just confirmed your tears. By the way Vader is dead. Kylo isn't. Win/win.
please continue the butthurt for our amusement.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

please continue the butthurt for our amusement.
You say the same things in every thread. You aren't even amusing or intelligent. You love crybabies like Anakin. It's fine. He ended up dying going back to the light. Wimp.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:33 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Kylo was mind raped by a scavenger.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

You say the same things in every thread. You aren't even amusing or intelligent. You love crybabies like Anakin. It's fine. He ended up dying going back to the light. Wimp.
continue crying

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

continue crying
Yes, feel free to get back to me after you get this out of your system. You are a second rate wimp.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:05 PM
MS Warehouse

Yes, feel free to get back to me after you get this out of your system. You are a second rate wimp.
yes yes keep crying, let it all out.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

yes yes keep crying, let it all out.
Kylo is alive and will be stronger. Vader is a dead guy who failed the dark side. I love life right now! Praise be to the First Order.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:09 PM
MS Warehouse

Kylo is alive and will be stronger. Vader is a dead guy who failed the dark side. I love life right now! Praise be to the First Order.
rationalizing is the final step..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

rationalizing is the final step..
I am stating facts. Kylo is alive and will complete his training. Vader is dead and turned in the dark side. You may love a traitor I don't. I love the First Order which is canonically proven to be more efficient than the empire.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:13 PM
MS Warehouse

Yea that's a cute opinion. So is the comment of you allegedly loving life while continuously having your opinion criticized and intelligence questioned. Hence the rationalizing.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:25 PM
Zenwolf

I'm seeing no evidence to suggest it involved comprehensive knowledge of the Jedi fighting arts, which it stands to reason was largely erased by the Empire..

? So then how were the Inquisitors trained? Plus recalling the GI did have access to databanks of the Jedi fighting arts so..I don't see why the Empire would erase information that Inquisitors would need.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Erased or otherwise stolen, either way not accessible to Luke.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Our Tale of the Tape:

Vader:
- Former fully trained Jedi Knight and Sith Lord
- Ability to kill across spanse of the galaxy, stop blaster bolts with bare "hands"
- Created own lightsaber form (Djem So, Soresu, Ataru mixed)
- Well over 30 years combat experience
- Defeated by his son

Kylo Ren:
- Failed Jedi Apprentice and Master of the Knights of Ren
Has not completed dark side training
- Ability to telekinetic freeze blaster bolts and beings
- Use of tri-saber with Kyber crystal and probably lightsaber form Djem So
- Acts like a teenager when does not get his way
- Defeated by an untrained Force user (who probably is Luke's kid)

This goes to Vader

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

You're speculating. The fact remains that Kylo has only demonstrated crude talent with a lightsaber, the weapon itself reflecting his inexperience, and though Luke's knowledge of Jedi history and traditions appears somewhat substantial, I'm seeing no evidence to suggest it involved comprehensive knowledge of the Jedi fighting arts, which it stands to reason was largely erased by the Empire.

Luke may have been able to match Vader in Form V but Kylo is no Luke, and I see no reason to believe he'd be a match for someone who was trained by Anakin, one of the greatest Jedi of the Order (whereas Luke lacks both resources and experience as a teacher) and developed lightsaber talents that proved a challenge for Vader and rivalled that of Darth Maul, one of the most skilled Sith in history.

Speculating? Everything I said was based on actual evidence besides Luke obtaining knowledge of the classic lightsaber forms but that hardly does anything to my entire argument. Kylo's crude and unstable lightsaber is confirmed by the cast of TFA to be because of his own conflicted personality, not because he lacks knowledge.

And Ahsoka is no Darth Vader, what is your point? Luke actually studied the Force and Jedi traditions in genersl to a greater extent then Anakin by the time of TFA. You bringing up feats from Ahsoka isn't really usable against Kylo since he lacks those kind of feats.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 05:24 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote