KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader in Rogue One

Vader in Rogue One
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
Seriously? He was walking lol
Yes, I know. He travels with the same speed in the rebels series as well. He isn't a quick mobile guy. That won't change.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 12:11 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
OMG...

Besides, you don't need to be super speedy Flashlike fast to be a menace. There are other ways... Film and characterisation can be quite versatile, although judging by the latest superheromovies you'd think there's only one way. But truly, there isn't...

thumb up

But that said Rebels already showed him combating Ahsoka and easily keeping up with her speed. So he's clearly not slow.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

But that said Rebels already showed him combating Ahsoka and easily keeping up with her speed. So he's clearly not slow.
Pay attention to what I say not what your brain thinks I said. Mobility wise he's slow I never said he's slow with a light saber. He is slower mobility wise. Luke demonstrated how slow he was in Rotj. That's the same Vader. When he has to move around and change his position that's when he's at his worst.

smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 02:55 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quan, you know this isn't a versus forum, right?

also, just fyi, there is a star wars versus forum. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/....php?forumid=86

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
quan, you know this isn't a versus forum, right?

also, just fyi, there is a star wars versus forum. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/....php?forumid=86
I commented on falsehoods regarding Vader who is appearing in rogue one. This is relevant to Vader being in a Rogue One.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

just seems like you're in versus mode. separating hand speed (bionic) with leg speed (also bionic) and using circumstantial evidence (vader walking slow in OT) as overall proof that he was slow footed and hobbled.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 26th, 2016 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

just seems like you're in versus mode. separating hand speed (bionic) with leg speed (also bionic) and using circumstantial evidence (vader walking slow in OT) as overall proof that he was slow footed and hobbled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk

15 seconds or so in we see Luke kick the unsuspecting Vader who takes over five seconds to rise to his feet. Around 1:20 we see Luke easily create space between he and the slower moving Vader. Vader is quick with a light saber but his legs and oversized body lost a lot of mobility when he was suit ridden. That's stating the obvious.

Ps. I'm always in versus mode.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 04:57 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ps. I'm always in versus mode.

laughing out loud my bad. carry on.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 05:06 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Not sure if I care about Vaders speed....

@quan. But you should play heroes mode in battlefront. Vader is so much better to play than Luke. Vader is slower but he has force choke and lightsabers throws. Luke is faster but his force push is slow (like he has to focus or something). Force choke is instantaneous.

Anyway, knowledge of the force is better than raw speed. Unless your even with knowledge, than you need the lightsaber (eg dooku vs yoda)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 06:00 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't think it was ever a case of Vader not being capable of moving fast. Was more to do with the fact that he's so powerful and so far beyond the opponents he usually faces, that he simply doesn't need to move fast the majority of he time.

But like I said if he Needs to move faster he will, as he displayed against Ahsoka in Rebels.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 07:10 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I just hope to see Vader force choke some rebel scum. At this time, no one is equal enough to face Vader where he will even need a lightsaber.

Unless there's still some remaining Jedi after order 66.....?

Seeing the emperor in Rogue one would be very cool. Unless the movie sucks of course, just in case I got to totally forget about this movie.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 07:25 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y33L80oObQ

Exactly!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 09:08 PM
queeq
Chaos

Paulie... there it is.

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I just hope to see Vader force choke some rebel scum. At this time, no one is equal enough to face Vader where he will even need a lightsaber.

Unless there's still some remaining Jedi after order 66.....?

Seeing the emperor in Rogue one would be very cool. Unless the movie sucks of course, just in case I got to totally forget about this movie.

Agreed!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 06:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Not sure if I care about Vaders speed....

@quan. But you should play heroes mode in battlefront. Vader is so much better to play than Luke. Vader is slower but he has force choke and lightsabers throws. Luke is faster but his force push is slow (like he has to focus or something). Force choke is instantaneous.

Anyway, knowledge of the force is better than raw speed. Unless your even with knowledge, than you need the lightsaber (eg dooku vs yoda)
We have seen Luke move faster and it makes sense since his movement isn't hindered by a suit. In the game from what I've heard Vader is slower and more powerful. I didn't say a thing about ehat is better I merely commented on his lack of mobility.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 04:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

Wow... you are obsessed with speed...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 06:55 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by queeq
Wow... you are obsessed with speed...
No, I am just pointing out Vader doesn't have it. Vader fans refuse to accept it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 02:45 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

speed is very important, when you're running away from vader.

oh wait...it's not. he can just kick back in his meditation chamber and remote-choke his enemies if he's feeling lazy.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 02:54 PM
quanchi112
Disney

speed is very important, when you're running away from vader.

oh wait...it's not. he can just kick back in his meditation chamber and remote-choke his enemies if he's feeling lazy.
Vader is very good at choking out non warrior types or his wife the same woman he went to the dark side for. It's convenient to use powers when a guy can't fight back since he isn't in the same room and isn't expecting an attack to begin with.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 03:13 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

a fair point. i've never seen him even try to choke a force adept. however this also doesn't prove your assertion that it can't happen.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2016 03:19 PM