KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Vader enter Oneness when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?

Did Vader enter Oneness when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Did Vader enter Oneness when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?

I have heard this is stated or implied in The Unifying Force. Quote?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Absolutely not. GL just doesn't envision these characters as being anywhere near as powerful as versus forum fans do. Same reason Luke got away from Vader in ESB merely by hopping off the platform he was in. The question is why Vader didn't use TK to stop him from falling.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Why would he need Oneness to throw someone down a shaft? Sheev died to a normally powered Vader.

lmao.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Uh, no he did not enter Oneness?

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Another silly thread. Did Yoda enter oneness when he TK'd Sids across the room? Did he enter it when he disarmed him in direct saber combat? How about when he started to overpower Sids lighting? Did Mace enter oneness when disarmed Sids in direct saber combat? The Sids fanboys are really something these days.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 08:09 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Does every member here have comprehension problems? I asked for a quote, that I have heard exists from Nova and Wollf, for ****'s sake. Why people are going on about George Lucas or spewing retarded nonsense is beyond me. If you have information regarding the quote, feel free to post. If not, go somewhete else.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Why are you so salty? As far as I'm concerned it's one of those urban myths as people have been spewing it for years now, but no one has ever mustered up the quote.

You can always check the book out yourself---no need to get butthurt over something so trivial, lmao.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ you're the one who gave an unnecessarily incredulous reply.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 08:57 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

And I wasn't angry or anything of the like, lal.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:03 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Why are you so salty? As far as I'm concerned it's one of those urban myths as people have been spewing it for years now, but no one has ever mustered up the quote.

You can always check the book out yourself---no need to get butthurt over something so trivial, lmao.

Because I'm tired of people who are genuinely stupid (not referring to you, necessarily). I'm constantly surrounded by such people in real life. It gets tiring.

I'm not going to go hunting for a single quote. As I said, if you don't have information regarding it, don't post something completely unrelated.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:04 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
And I wasn't angry or anything of the like, lal.

No, you were just being a moron, so nothing new I guess.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:09 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

It's kewl Az, sorry for semi-trolling your thread, hehe. smile

Originally posted by The Ellimist
No, you were just being a moron, so nothing new I guess.

Like you're the one to talk? At least I haven't been banned billions of times for being a moron, lmao.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Oct 27th, 2016 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:11 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by Azronger
Does every member here have comprehension problems? I asked for a quote
You did, but the thread title gives the indication that you wanted some discussion on the matter. Had this thread been titled as "Is there a quote indicating that Vader entered oneness while throwing Palpatine down the shaft", I'm sure we'd we'd all be on the same page. Just sayin'.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

If I wanted discussion, I would have labeled the thread differently. This is not a thread about whether it was PIS or a legit feat for Vader - that's a thread for another time.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 09:20 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Looking through the novel now; I word searched "Vader" and "Oneness" and I'm coming up with nothing so far.

Perhaps I should try Anakin instead....

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Absolutely not. GL just doesn't envision these characters as being anywhere near as powerful as versus forum fans do. Same reason Luke got away from Vader in ESB merely by hopping off the platform he was in. The question is why Vader didn't use TK to stop him from falling.
Correct. Fanboys and their characters become different beings altogether. They only see what they want to see conveniently ignoring facts when it doesn't fit into their narrative.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:14 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
He had attained the ability to cut through any resistance in himself; to sever the bonds of preconception; to open a gaping hole into a reality more expansive than any he had ever dared imagine; to heal. As his grandfather had done, he had broken through the apparent opposites that concealed the absolute nature of the Force, and found his way into an unseen unity that existed beyond the seeming separateness of the world.

For a moment all the cosmic tumblers had clicked For a moment all the cosmic tumblers had clicked into place, and light and dark sides became something he could balance within himself, without having to remain on one side or the other.

Perhaps, this is the implication? It doesn't mention when Anakin used Oneness however, but it has to allude to his killing of Palpatine, I think.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:14 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I don't think it's implausible that Anakin could enter Oneness in the moment that balanced the Force, .i.e. one of the most important in the mythos.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Implausible no but unless someone can back a claim it's just speculation. Being concrete is what matters in backing any claim not random hyperbole used to fit someone's bias or own personal narrative.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 10:28 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

No

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 11:17 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote