KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » What Would You Change in the OT?

What Would You Change in the OT?
Started by: King Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You went to a frightening school.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Under the Iron Hand of EDUCATION!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I would definitely change/update the Vader vs Old Ben fight.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I would permanently get rid of this:

And reinstate this:

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh absolutely! All that extra exposition.

And I prefer the old color scheme as well.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 09:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LukeStarkiller

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ace Hambone
I was 100% happy with Alec Guinness as Obi Wan ...

Guiness himself thought the dialogue was rubbish. Can't post links as a newbie to this site, but do a search for:
alec guinness rubbish star wars dialogue
There are plenty of hits.

He wrote to a friend from set saying "New rubbish dialogue reaches me every other day on wadges of pink paper, and none of it makes my character clear or even bearable."

Despite him only being there for the paycheck and so a massive sellout, it shows how good an actor he was that he could make dialogue, that he himself thought was rubbish, sound believable.

It's been around for some time, but check out Bad Lip Reading "Bushes of Love" on YouTube.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 07:41 PM
Click here to Send LukeStarkiller a Private Message Find more posts by LukeStarkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LukeStarkiller

Re: What Would You Change in the OT?

Originally posted by King Joker
If you could change anything in the Original Trilogy what are some of the things would you change?

I'd change the atrocious dialogue, awful acting, one-dimensional characters, lack of character development, numerous plot holes, scientific impossibilities, lame wisecracks and get rid of all the lame-looking model/puppet aliens (that doesn't mean all of them, just the lame-looking ones).

Generally I'd make the whole thing darker - darkness should permeate the films and it doesn't (you just get glimpses of it). The Riddick films are much darker plot-wise than any of the OT films, and the OT could do with a healthy dose of that darkness. After all, the rebels are meant to be living in this oppressive galaxy ruled by an evil Empire, but I don't get any sense of oppressiveness at all watching the OT.

Fanboy/fangirls will probably call for me to be burnt at the stake as a witch and denounce me for blasphemy, but deep down they know I'm right -- search your feelings.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 08:06 PM
Click here to Send LukeStarkiller a Private Message Find more posts by LukeStarkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: What Would You Change in the OT?

Originally posted by LukeStarkiller
scientific impossibilities
In Star Wars...

I have a feeling that you are absolutely no fun to have around.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 11:09 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 01:12 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by queeq
I'd only fix ROTJ a little bit. Probably bring in Wookiees instead of Ewoks. As was the original plan. Much more credible than teddy bears.

That wasn't part of the original plan. George Lucas lied about that.

Lucas specifically wanted teddy bears ("Ewoks") - and the actual original creator of the Ewoks sued Lucas years later - when it became known that Lucas had actually plagiarized him to use the idea.

When George Lucas learned about how unpopular the Ewoks were, he lied and said that he planned for it to be Wookiees, which was a lie. no expression

Why do you think that retard purposefully created several spinoffs of the Ewoks into feature-length films?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 02:00 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Because that retarded is really good at making money.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:09 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by LukeStarkiller
I'd change the atrocious dialogue, awful acting, one-dimensional characters, lack of character development, numerous plot holes, scientific impossibilities, lame wisecracks and get rid of all the lame-looking model/puppet aliens (that doesn't mean all of them, just the lame-looking ones).

Generally I'd make the whole thing darker - darkness should permeate the films and it doesn't (you just get glimpses of it). The Riddick films are much darker plot-wise than any of the OT films, and the OT could do with a healthy dose of that darkness. After all, the rebels are meant to be living in this oppressive galaxy ruled by an evil Empire, but I don't get any sense of oppressiveness at all watching the OT.

Fanboy/fangirls will probably call for me to be burnt at the stake as a witch and denounce me for blasphemy, but deep down they know I'm right -- search your feelings.

I'd make it more kiddy and focus in characters with simple emotions.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Because that retarded is really good at making money.

That "retarded"?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 06:48 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I stand by my retarded typo.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:17 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chewbacca is a Wookiee who lives on a planet full of Ewoks.

That does not make sense.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote