KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader in Rogue One

Vader in Rogue One
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Cant forget about the emotion of the OT and ROTJ.....This is too technical....

Vader's still awesome....Let him shine in Rogue one possibly

Vader vs Luke was father vs son....OT classic

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Look, dude. I didn't make this up. I always thought that kind of relationship between two technologies is rather irrelevant.

And yes, the original take was that Vader was the big, undefeatable bad guy. Speed was never an issue in this. Lucas turned him into a feeble cripple by means of the PT.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Look, dude. I didn't make this up. I always thought that kind of relationship between two technologies is rather irrelevant.

And yes, the original take was that Vader was the big, undefeatable bad guy. Speed was never an issue in this. Lucas turned him into a feeble cripple by means of the PT.

I'm with you buddy. Like I said, too technical on the physics. Luke vs Vader was always More about Luke saving his Dad cause there was always good in him......

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:17 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Vader was defeated in the first film. Granted it was a dogfight but Han bested him. He was also handily defeated by Luke in Rotj. He was an imposing villain but he was never close to being undefeatable. He didn't really have much competition since he took on a geriatric Kenobi but speed has always been a deficiency.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 12:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i find this argument silly, only because we all know damn well that if ep4 was filmed today, kenobi and vader would have been doing all kinds of kung fu shit complete with crazy leaps and backflips. dooku & palpatine both put the squash on old age equalling slowness, and general grievous ended the unwritten bionic=slow rule.

with that said, i always liked the (EU?) idea that vader's suit was dreadfully uncomfortable to him, agitating his constant rage and making him all-the-meaner. i mean, it's not like he just had his limbs cut off. his flesh was also grilled by lava. not exactly superficial.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 31st, 2016 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

For what it's worth, Filoni was Lucas's protege for 10 years, and he says Lucas was very adamant not to ever lowball Vader's power and abilities.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 01:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i find this argument silly, only because we all know damn well that if ep4 was filmed today, kenobi and vader would have been doing all kinds of kung fu shit complete with crazy leaps and backflips. dooku & palpatine both put the squash on old age equalling slowness, and general grievous ended the unwritten bionic=slow rule.

with that said, i always liked the (EU?) idea that vader's suit was dreadfully uncomfortable to him, agitating his constant rage and making him all-the-meaner. i mean, it's not like he just had his limbs cut off. his flesh was also grilled by lava. not exactly superficial.
Vader's movements in the new rebels series are also the same as he was shown in the first three eps. We see Luke was not slow. Old age does equal slowness but they can always use the force to make up for their older bodies but Vader is also older and in a suit. His suit doesn't equal to Grievous' suit. Can he twirl his hands like Grievous does ?

Vader is still portrayed moving in the same manner in today's times as he was back then. Rogue one will leave Vader fans no more excuses. Special effects are up to date and I'm betting he won't be zipping all over the place.

Let's see who is correct.

smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 02:18 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i hope you're kinda correct quan. "kinda" meaning that i don't want to see kungfu force-unleashed vader. at the same time, i don't want to see the old hobbled geriatric that you're obviously hoping to see.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i hope you're kinda correct quan. "kinda" meaning that i don't want to see kungfu force-unleashed vader. at the same time, i don't want to see the old hobbled geriatric that you're obviously hoping to see.
He wasn't hobbled he just wasn't quick mobility wise. He's quick with a saber. Trust me I'll be right since rebels has his movements relative to the same speed in the Ot films.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 02:28 PM
queeq
Chaos

Which is better than the silly ballets that, battle wise, don't make any sense at all, anyway. Any PT Jedi would be slaughtered by a real swordsman, with all their twirling and dancing.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 12:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Which is better than the silly ballets that, battle wise, don't make any sense at all, anyway. Any PT Jedi would be slaughtered by a real swordsman, with all their twirling and dancing.
Iyo not mine. Pt were Vader and Kenobi's prime. They'd school their older shittier selves. Speed matters.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 01:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, if you want to run off a cliff.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 08:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, if you want to run off a cliff.
Nah. Choreography matters.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 11:44 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh, it's a dance now.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 10:20 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 03:32 PM
Rebel95

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-a7411006.html

New international trailer with another look at Vader.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Vader's gonna just raise his hand and people will die.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Speaking of these spin offs, since were also getting a Han Solo one, does anyone else think we'll be getting a spin off for each PoV?

Example Rogue One= Rebels PoV

Han Solo= Smuggler PoV

Boba Fett(more than likely they will make one)= Bounty Hunter PoV

Empire= Imperial PoV

Etc, etc

Which would help broaden the horizon of the SWU and be able to include new things with each spin off movie.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

It would broaden the SW universe more to get away from that whole era and every previous characters lifespan, except perhaps Yoda.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 12:55 AM
Zenwolf

Well given that's where the current focus is, don't think we'll be leaving it any time soon.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2016 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote