KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

You mean the one where it says Vader's powerful enough to use it but his armor would **** up?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 12:43 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

No the one that says he can cause clouds to form in the air and call lightning down from them.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:23 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's an entirely different power than lightning.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Oh and do you guys have the Exar Kun tuk'ata quote?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Can you be more specific, lol?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Exar Kun faced like 30 tuk'ata and it's confirmed there. Do any of you have the quote?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I can't imagine any quote exists stating that.

Kun kills some tuk'ata on Korriban, but I don't recall any works recounting that stage of Tales of the Jedi besides your standard encyclopedic entry, and I doubt they would get so specific to actually give a number.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 01:48 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Apparently they did.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 02:00 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Found the scan for Kun.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...67/GreatTemple_(Korriban).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100312060930

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 02:22 AM
UCanShootMyNova

So do you have the Vader quote Ant?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 02:22 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Found the scan for Kun.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...67/GreatTemple_(Korriban).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100312060930

die pls

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 02:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It won't post. :/

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:03 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Apparently there's a quote from Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! which states that the Emperor could've escaped Vader's grasp when Vader lifted him up but wanted to punish his apprentice for his betrayal or something. Does anybody have it?

Last edited by SunRazer on Nov 24th, 2016 at 03:24 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:22 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote:
When at last he reaches the open shaft he hurls the Emperor down into the reactor. It’s a long, long way down and the Emperor fires his lightning upward as he falls.

He might still have used his powers to save himself, but his hate is now so strong his only thought is to cause Vader more pain. So the lightning continues to flicker and flash even after the body is out of sight.

- ROTJ: BTPOTDS

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Ah, so he could have saved himself even as he fell down the shaft but was blinded by his hatred. Seems somewhat out-of-character for him to not even consider other options, although I suppose the dark side was continually subsuming his mind and at this point he was practically possessed by it.

The other thing being of course that Sidious excelled at planning things over time, but not making snap decisions in the heat of things - probably because he almost never needed to.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:46 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Palpatine lost control of his power at the end. He was unable to direct his lightning at anything - he merely unleashed it in a raw expression of hatred.

Seems in character for the dark side to ultimately consume him in the moment where he needed it most. That's what the dark side does. thumb up

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:48 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm pretty sure he lost control as soon as Vader lifted him up - he was genuinely surprised by the betrayal. Otherwise, the loss of control would've been caused by something in between the lifting and the throwing, and I have no idea what that would be.

EDIT: He had enough control to direct it at Vader when he was first lifted up, but somehow he continued to lose control over time and by the time Vader threw him over the edge, his Lightning was spiraling out uncontrollably.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SunRazer
but not making snap decisions in the heat of things

wat

Palpatine was the absolute best at seizing advantage of any situation at any moment.

Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm pretty sure he lost control as soon as Vader lifted him up - he was genuinely surprised by the betrayal. Otherwise, the loss of control would've been caused by something in between the lifting and the throwing, and I have no idea what that would be.

The loss of control came with Vader's betrayal (i.e. the Chosen One prophecy being completed). thumb up

SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
wat

Palpatine was the absolute best at seizing advantage of any situation at any moment.

He was the best at planning, lol. When Yoda confronted him unexpectedly, Palpatine tried to run away at first.

In any case, this all seems to support the idea that Palpatine was unleashing everything on Vader but Vader was durable enough to survive the Lightning - or at least, just long enough to throw Palpatine overboard.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 03:51 AM