KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Bane

Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Bane
Started by: Quinlan_Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Bane

Two masters of the Dark Side, Ulic and Bane confront each other in the Jedi Temple. They ignite their lightsabers as the earth trembles from their power. Who will win?

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:41 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I would have said Ulic before the Bane novel came out. Now, idk, Bane can collapse temples easily with the Force so it could probably go either way. But probably Revan. idk, though, it's close.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:48 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

If this is regular Bane in "path of destruction" I would say he wins, although with difficulty.

If it is Bane with the Orbalisk, (which increases his power in the darkside and defends against lightsaber blows), then I would go so far as to say Bane wins with relative ease.

quote:
Now, idk, Bane can collapse temples easily with the Force

It wasn't collapsing a temple exactly. What happened was that he unleashed a blast of force energy (similar to Kun's, but it seems a lot larger) and tore apart the 20 story Rakatan temple. It nearly pulverized Kas'im's body into "pulpy liquid"

Last edited by zephiel7 on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 12:01 AM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zephiel7
If this is regular Bane in "path of destruction" I would say he wins, although with difficulty.

If it is Bane with the Orbalisk, (which increases his power in the darkside and defends against lightsaber blows), then I would go so far as to say Bane wins with relative ease.

It wasn't collapsing a temple exactly. What happened was that he unleashed a blast of force energy (similar to Kun's, but it seems a lot larger) and tore apart the 20 story Rakatan temple. It nearly pulverized Kas'im's body into "pulpy liquid"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

So who wins then?

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 12:16 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane..

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Bump.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Good fight. They're probably about even.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:28 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You think Bane is that close to Kun?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

As a duelist, yeah.

Kun's completely beyond either of them in power.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:37 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Droma was Kun's equal in power when they fought - and then increased alongside him. I don't see a mass disparity.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 24th, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:42 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They were equally matched duelists. Nowhere is it said that they were equally strong in the Force. There's a reason that Ragnos made Kun the master and Qel-Droma the apprentice.

Kun had access to more dark side knowledge/material, was factually more powerful than Ulic Qel-Droma, and has much better feats to work with. IIRC, Kun also had a bit more time as the Dark Lord. I imagine they both grew tremendously, but Kun moreso by a noticeable margin at least.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:47 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"After the Jedi retreat, Exar Kun arrives, and a dazzling clash of Jedi blades and sorcery begins."

thumb down

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:48 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That doesn't happen in the comic, I believe. And don't you dismiss secondary sources that fail to align with the primary source?

Sorcery is more to do with mastery than power, anyway. Kun's more powerful - hence Ragnos made him the Master. It's that simple.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The comic doesn't portray the entire fight - just some panels.

And no, I don't dismiss anything except a direct contradiction.

---

The two fighting equally in a sorcery battle is blatant indication of parity with the Force.

Kun's slightly better overall, but there's definitely no vast difference like you're suggesting.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:50 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Parity in combat-applicable Force power, not the strength of their connection in the Force. Sorcery doesn't indicate the latter.

As I said, there was a noticeable enough difference for Ragnos to give Kun mastery while Qel-Droma was given apprenticeship. From then on, though they both improved tremendously, the improvements would've been skewed in Kun's favor since he had access to more dark side material, spent longer mastering the dark side, and had a stronger connection to the Force to begin with. So the gap gets increasingly disparate over time.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:53 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Considering they fought as equals, you have nothing to suggest there even was a gap.

Ragnos could have christened Kun because he had greater Force potential.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:56 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The sorcery part is likely referring to Aleema and Kun's exchange. There's no indication either used sorcery, though I imagine it would have been quite a close match up anyway. And yeah, Ulic did improve after that duel and crafted his Talisman into a gauntlet, like Kun, indicating he has a grasp of Sith sorcery.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:57 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ILS
The sorcery part is likely referring to Aleema and Kun's exchange.

I thought so.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Considering they fought as equals, you have nothing to suggest there even was a gap.

Ragnos could have christened Kun because he had greater Force potential.

If Kun had more Force potential, he would've grown by a greater amount in the following years, which is my point anyways.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:58 PM