KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rank the Top 10 Ancient Sith Lords

Rank the Top 10 Ancient Sith Lords
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Rank the Top 10 Ancient Sith Lords

I'm interested to see how opinions here could vary, this is mine:

1.Sith Emperor Vitiate.
2.Exar Kun.
3.Freedon Nadd.
4.Marka Ragnos/Tulak Hord.
5.Tulak Hord/Marka Ragnos.
6.Ulic Qel-Droma.
7.Naga Sadow.
8.Ajunta Pall.
9.Karness Muur.
10.Ludo Kressh.

What is your list?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:17 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Karness Muur
5. Naga Sadow

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:19 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Karness Muur
5. Naga Sadow

Nadd?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I didn't consider him as he is pretty much impossible to rank. Worst case scenario, I guess he could take the #5 slot from Sadow.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:23 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He's stated to be far more powerful than Sadow.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He's far more powerful than Sadow a full century before his prime, a century he spent getting much more powerful. That's a level of vast superiority over Sadow that Ragnos himself has never been stated to have.

Ant, what's your's?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:24 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He's stated to be far more powerful than Sadow.

Yes, I know. Hence why I said that worst case, he could take Sadow's spot. Now whether he is more powerful than Muur or not is, well, impossible to say.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:26 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Muur's not as powerful as Pall, who is a lesser Dark Lord than Ragnos, who doesn't have such a huge power edge over Sadow as Nadd does. I understand if you disagree though.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:27 AM
The Merchant

Vitiate.
Exar Kun.
Tulak Hord.
Marka Ragnos.
Freedon Nadd.
Ulic. (?)
Naga Sadow.
Ludo Kressh.
Ajunta Pall.
Karness Muur.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:33 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by AncientPower
Muur's not as powerful as Pall, who is a lesser Dark Lord than Ragnos, who doesn't have such a huge power edge over Sadow as Nadd does. I understand if you disagree though.

First, Nadd is "far more powerful" than spirit Sadow. I'm not inclined to give him such superiority over prime Sadow.

Secondly, I'm not convinced Pall is greater than Muur. Initially he was the leader of the Exiles, sure. But quite frankly, I've never seen anything from Pall to impress me.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

1. Vitiate
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Freedon Nadd
5. Tulak Hord
6. Naga Sadow
7. Ludo Kressh
8. Ajunta Pall
9. Sorzus Syn
10. Karness Muur

IMO.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 9th, 2016 at 03:54 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:43 AM
Jmanghan

1. Vitiate
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Freedon Nadd
5. Tulak Hord
6. Naga Sadow
7. Ludo Kressh
8. Ajunta Pall
9. Sorzus Syn
10. XoXaan

IMO.
Murr?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:46 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by ares834
First, Nadd is "far more powerful" than spirit Sadow. I'm not inclined to give him such superiority over prime Sadow.

Secondly, I'm not convinced Pall is greater than Muur. Initially he was the leader of the Exiles, sure. But quite frankly, I've never seen anything from Pall to impress me.

A common misconception, Sadow was in stasis for centuries until Freedon Nadd arrived, he learned everything Sadow had to offer and then killed him. Sadow's spirit remained until he possessed Eison Gynt, where his spirit was finally destroyed by Ovair. If Nadd had destroyed his spirit, then Sadow couldn't have possessed Gynt.

There are contradictions but the only logical series of events is the aforementioned one, which is also stated to be what happened. Therefore Nadd did become far more powerful than a Naga Sadow in stasis not Spirit!Sadow. Then he became much more powerful over his century of rule on Onderon.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Actually, I'd rank him above XoXaan.

Ten. thumb up

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:54 AM
ares834

The very quote that says Nadd become more powerful than Sadow mentions Sadow as a spirit. Beyond that the quote doesn't state that he destroyed Sadow's spirit but that it was merely "thought" that he did. So there is no contradiction with the SWTOR content.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 03:56 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Whilst you are right, we have a long series of quotes stating this:

quote:
Left with only a single vessel and a crew of slaves, Sadow escaped the battle and fled to the remote jungle world of Yavin Four. Sadow then placed himself in a long stasis, still dreaming of a Sith golden age.
- The Old Republic: Codex Entry: Galactic History 29: Sadow's Escape

quote:
Sadow was even powerful enough to stave off the inevitable. He placed himself in a near-death slumber, which he remained in for hundreds of years, waiting until someone would come to take his place….
- The Old Republic: Codex Entry: The Dark Legacy of Yavin 4: Part 1

quote:
Naga Sadow escaped destruction, however. He went into hiding on the jungle moon of Yavin, where his loyal Massassi built great temples in his honor. Sadow used Sith technology and sorcery to place himself in suspended animation. Someday he would usher in a new Sith golden age, just as Dark Lord Marka Ragnos had foretold.
- The Dark Side Sourcebook

quote:
Here on YAVIN 4, Sadow drew on Sith technology and sorcery to cocoon himself in suspended animation until awakened at a future Golden Age.
- Chronicles of the Old Republic

quote:
And just as Nadd killed his lord Sadow, Kun destroyed Nadd’s spirit here on Yavin 4. These notable deaths likely served to further imbue the moon’s temples with dark power, further fueling the barbaric Massassi–as well as the succession of Dark Lords who would later reside here.
- The Old Republic: Codex Entry: The Dark Legacy of Yavin 4: Part 3

quote:
Freedon Nadd had been a Jedi who turned to the dark side as the apprentice of Naga Sadow, the former ruler of the ancient Sith Empire. Sadow's power had been so great, it had allowed him to survive for six centuries, fueled by the energies of the dark side.
- Rule of Two

So him already being a spirit at that point has to have been retconned, Nadd becoming more powerful than him however remains fact.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 04:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

1. Kun

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 04:15 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I could definitely agree with the Sith Entity statement.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 04:24 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nah, I just don't consider the Eternal Emperor of Zakuul to be an Ancient Sith Lord, despite his being much older than Kun and the like. Didn't really bear the torch like Nadd/Kun did.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 04:25 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote