KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Unorthodox Opinions

Unorthodox Opinions
Started by: Syndicate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Shrugs the only Rule of Two Sith we know in Canon, besides Sheev and his apprentices, are Plagueis and Bane.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 08:47 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Yoda~Mace>=Palpatine. Yoda would have beaten Palpatine if the fight took place in a more neutral ground and/or the fight continued with no interference. Invisible Hand Anakin is close to Palpatine/Yoda/Mace.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2016 06:07 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I didn't like Shatterpoint that much.

It seemed kind of racist to me that Mace comes from the Black Person planet thats a huge jungle that makes him lose control because it's so "wild". Also his brother is a jungle man who tames animals and attacks outposts.

It was kind of awkward to read. Not sure I actually got through it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I enjoyed Shatterpoint. But it was easily the worst SW novel of Stover's.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 08:38 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh also its utterly unbelievable that the most stilted, wooden, boring character in the entire trilogy is a secret badass who has rage problems, skirts the darkside and has trouble with controlling himself.

god that performance sucks

**** mace windu

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 19th, 2016 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
It seemed kind of racist to me that Mace comes from the Black Person planet thats a huge jungle that makes him lose control because it's so "wild". Also his brother is a jungle man who tames animals and attacks outposts.

Oh also its utterly unbelievable that the most stilted, wooden, boring character in the entire trilogy is a secret badass who has rage problems, skirts the darkside and has trouble with controlling himself.
Nothing screams racism louder than a progressive black man who contradicts stereotypes!

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 08:57 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by ares834
I enjoyed Shatterpoint. But it was easily the worst SW novel of Stover's.

Uh, no.

That dubious honor belongs to Shadows of Mindor.

The ranking of Stover Star Wars novels is as follows:

ROTS
Shatterpoint
Traitor

Shadows of Mindor

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 10:31 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Shadows of Mindor was great. Just pure fun pulp. I loved it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 10:59 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

SoM was awesome, Temp. What are you talking about?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2016 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Shut your whore mouths, both of you.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:03 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

He thinks Darth Plagueis sucks too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:25 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I thought he liked it originally but his opinion on it lowered a second reading.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:31 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by The Merchant
I thought he liked it originally but his opinion on it lowered a second reading.

thumb up

Originally posted by SunRazer
He thinks Darth Plagueis sucks too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's much like Anakin himself: it's not so much that it sucks, just that it sucks compared to what it could have been.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:32 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Pfft. A sin is a sin.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:32 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's much like Anakin himself: it's not so much that it sucks, just that it sucks compared to what it could have been.

Well, Anakin's still the strongest Jedi, so DP is still the strongest novel smile

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:33 AM
The_Tempest

Well, Anakin's still the strongest Jedi, so DP is still the strongest novel smile

That is genuinely disgusting. And this comes from someone who has every reason to give that book the benefit of the doubt and love it.

YDR shits all over DP. Even among Luceno's own works, TUF and COD are much better.

Currently in the process of rereading TUF now, actually.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:35 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by The_Tempest
That is genuinely disgusting. And this comes from someone who has every reason to give that book the benefit of the doubt and love it.

YDR shits all over DP. Even among Luceno's own works, TUF and COD are much better.

Currently in the process of rereading TUF now, actually.

You know I don't have DP at the top. I was just following your train of thought smile

RotS is probably the best.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:39 AM
The_Tempest

RotS is probably the best.

You misspelled YDR.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:39 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Nah, RotS is better.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 12:47 AM