KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Official "Rogue One" Countdown Thread

Official "Rogue One" Countdown Thread
Started by: NewLanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Just got my ticket for tomorrow night, so pumped

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The big day is here... Too much excitement...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Literally 12 hours this minute for my showing.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 04:20 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Tonight. True fans don't wait.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 06:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tonight. True fans don't wait.

Originally posted by quanchi112
i didnt say star wars sucked. i just said it wasnt tha great to me'

quit trying to force ur opinion on whats cool and what isnt.

:0

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
:0
#triggered

Things change. Snoke, Kylo Ren, Maul fleshed out over the animated shows, etc.

I'll be there tonight watching, you won't. Actions matter.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:23 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I saw it...

To be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed. It's unique entertaining, despite a very boring first half hour. But I must agree with some critics that find it rather flat. The characters are flat, the plot is sometimes a little predictable and there a re a couple of very obsolete characters that get a lot of screen time. Che Guevarra is one of them.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 11:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well my Mind was Blown.

A Real tribute to ANH.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It was inferior to TFA.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 03:50 AM
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

Better than the prequels, but certainly not better than the OT or TFA.

Suffers from shallow characters, no character development and a lot of fan service. Especially the latter, the must/should/have to stop that in SW. We don't need to see the same stuff all over again. It makes the SW universe very small.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 07:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

It was pretty good, lots of action. And the last Vader scene did not disappoint

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

It was good for a separate standalone movie.
Was a bit boring up until the first scene with Vader, then caught some of my interest. What was with the Vader submerged in water? Kinda cool I guess. CGI tarkin and Leia was a bit, well, this might be ok if they could do it to yoda? Although yoda wasn't a human.

I thought they're was way too much action and killing throughout the whole movie, and less story interest and character emotion.

The opening was good as they didn't use the crawl, and liked the sudden start after "a long time ago in..."

Not as good as the TFA but that's the way it should be cause the episodes are supposed to be better

Guess it was quite dark as all the main characters died, but made sense as it shows the sacrifices and what it takes in a rebellion...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 02:23 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Lots of fan service. Flat characters. And a very boring expositionary first hour. That kinda sums it up.

And yeah, the Vader in the bacta tank. He still hasn't healed after 20 years? And what's with the Imperial Guards. In the OT he never had Imperial Guards with him, he is the Uber Imperial Guard himself.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 02:57 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Maybe just gaurds for when he's in the tank only

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 03:44 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Amazing film.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Queeq is on crack. This blew TFA out of the water.

After 20 years the bacta won't completely heal him, but it probably takes some of the pain away while he's submerged.

The Imperial guards are probably there to keep tabs on Vader for Palpy.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 03:57 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Oh please TFA was a superior film. Vader looked like shit in the earlier scene. Very cheap costume.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 04:01 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

So one scene of Vader makes it inferior? I didn't feel it was a cheap costume, personally.

The cinematography and directing of R1 trumps anything that came before it in the Star Wars saga. The story was absolutely great. TFA played it safe in that regard.

It was dirty, it was gritty, you could feel the gravity of their situation.

That ending scene of Vader...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 04:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
So one scene of Vader makes it inferior? I didn't feel it was a cheap costume, personally.

The cinematography and directing of R1 trumps anything that came before it in the Star Wars saga. The story was absolutely great. TFA played it safe in that regard.

It was dirty, it was gritty, you could feel the gravity of their situation.

That ending scene of Vader...
He looked bad, didn't sound great, and his own body language looked bad when he stood close to Krennic.

I completely disagree. TFA had better characters. By leaps and bounds. The only character I really enjoyed from this was Krennic. The main hero didn't do a great job. Her faces looked eerily similar and it just felt empty. Her father was much better but he was barely in the film. Forrest Whittaker was also kind of wasted.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
They were outmanned by the empire and they didn't even have the full support of the rebels. Of course they were screwed. They went off on their own and still succeeded despite Tarkin and Vader's presence. That last Vader scene he failed against featless and random noobs. He was too slow and ultimately failed.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 04:20 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I'm thinking Vader needs to sleep in a bacta tank.....while he's not in his suit. Otherwise, he would need a breathing apparatus regardless. Perhaps, the Bacta stops radiation absorbsion, where his skin is sensitive.

In ESB, only shows a short period of time where he is without his helmet....

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 05:02 PM