KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars...Good?

Clone Wars...Good?
Started by: John Murdoch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

Clone Wars...Good?

Two honest questions from a Star Wars fan who has never had anything to do with The Clone Wars series except for the Twisted Metal-type video game and the movie that was theatrically-released in August of 2008:

- Is Clone Wars (the TV Series/Comics and the lore that goes with them) good?

- How much better, if better at all, are they than the prequel trilogy? From what I've read on Wookieepedia's synopses and the threads on here, The Clone Wars sound like what the prequels should have been.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 09:05 PM
Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It steadily improves throughout the show, both in terms of content and animation. It starts off as a show aimed at children and steadily matures. Some of the story arches aren't all that interesting, but most episodes contain some good Star Wars sci-fi action.

Voice acting on point throughout.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 04:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
It steadily improves throughout the show, both in terms of content and animation. It starts off as a show aimed at children and steadily matures. Some of the story arches aren't all that interesting, but most episodes contain some good Star Wars sci-fi action.

Voice acting on point throughout.

Appreciate it, REXXXX. It's on my agenda to watch one of these days then.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 01:38 AM
Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My thoughts pretty much mirror what Rexxxx said.

TCW really starts finding its stride toward the end of the 2nd season, and only gets better and better as the seasons progress. Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Adds a lot to the Prequel era. In fact Anakin Skywalker has become a fan favourite thanks to TCW.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

It certainly added some much-needed depth to Anakin/Vader, as well as most other characters in the franchise.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I can agree with that. It provides some rationale to Anakin and deepens our understanding of his fear of loss and failure.

As Darth Thor said, it really fleshes out the era.

I think my greatest issue with Clone Wars initially was that I hoped for less time focused on Anakin and Obi-Wan, but you eventually start to branch away from them occasionally or get a few good story arcs with them.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 08:15 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not good, it's great. The series is everything Star Wars should be. One second it can be a light hearted adventure, the next it can turn very dark.

What sticks out for me is the story that takes place over 3 episodes where they meet those beings who are embodiments of different aspects of the force.

Also I would recommend checking out the other Clone Wars cartoon. There have been two. You have the CGI series which lasted 6 seasons. But you have the series created by the guy who did Samurai Jack. Those eps are 3-5 minutes in length, but there are a lot of them.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Mortis story is very distinctive, compared to the rest of it. The show mainly focuses on the war, but the Mortis arc focuses on Anakin's role. I liked it.

Loved the Gendy Tartakovsky shorts.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 08:25 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Surtur
Also I would recommend checking out the other Clone Wars cartoon. There have been two. You have the CGI series which lasted 6 seasons. But you have the series created by the guy who did Samurai Jack. Those eps are 3-5 minutes in length, but there are a lot of them.

thumb up

It also introduces Ventress and shows Anakin’s knighting something TCW never does. I’d certainly recommend watching the first 21 chapters before diving into TCW.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2016 09:05 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

It's also better than Rebels, when it's not shit.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 12:15 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I really liked Rebels in its first season. Where it went wrong (IMO) is it just brought in too many movie and TCW characters, and did so too early in its run.

And now it's like they can't do a good episode without Maul or Vader.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Appreciate the feedback everyone. I had read up a little on some of the characters/plotlines, and, again, it sounded like what the prequel movies should have been like.

Then I saw the Foreign Cinema thread with Durge in it, which caused me to find out who this Durge fellow is...man, why didn't a monster bounty hunter like him duke it out with Anakin and Obi-Wan in the movies?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 01:45 AM
Darth Thor

Durge is from the non-Canon clone wars series. The main canon one doesn't have Durge.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 09:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I really liked Rebels in its first season. Where it went wrong (IMO) is it just brought in too many movie and TCW characters, and did so too early in its run.

And now it's like they can't do a good episode without Maul or Vader.

Hmmm... good point. I never liked Maul being back, even in TCW. Move on, create something new.

Vader's allright to me though. And I still enjoy Rebels.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 10:25 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
Hmmm... good point. I never liked Maul being back, even in TCW. Move on, create something new.

Problem is nowadays the Maul episodes are the only good ones.

S1 is my favourite season of Rebels. And It didn't need Vader or Maul.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 01:55 PM
John Murdoch

Durge is from the non-Canon clone wars series. The main canon one doesn't have Durge.

Ah, gotcha Darth, thank you.

And thanks to everyone again for all the info. Time to get to watchin'.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:44 PM
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Then I saw the Foreign Cinema thread with Durge in it, which caused me to find out who this Durge fellow is...man, why didn't a monster bounty hunter like him duke it out with Anakin and Obi-Wan in the movies?

It would make you wonder why Dooku was messing around with relatively Average-Joe Jango Fett if they had access to a character like Durge.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2017 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

both clone wars' are great
but i show that deerves way more love than it gets is star wars:droids(not droid tales)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Problem is nowadays the Maul episodes are the only good ones.

S1 is my favourite season of Rebels. And It didn't need Vader or Maul.

I agree. SW is at its best when it's a) a good story and b) original.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 10:56 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote