KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Wealthiest Individuals in the SW Universe

Wealthiest Individuals in the SW Universe
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well maybe Jabba instead of G0-T0 since as I recall G0-T0 was only a member of the Exchange, not their leader.

Or whomever was that Hutt King was in TOR?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

IIRC, G0-T0 was the leader of the Exchange as of KOTOR II.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

He was one of the leaders I recall? Isn't Compeer the main head honcho that presides over all of them?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He was one of the leaders I recall? Isn't Compeer the main head honcho that presides over all of them?

Right, G0-T0 answers to the Compeer. I don't think a name is mentioned, tho.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah the Compeer.

Other than that there the Supreme Mogul Karagga, he ruled the Hutt Cartel for two centuries, must have amassed some serious wealth.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

One thing, would Han Solo count? Didn't he win enough in gambling to buy a planet or something which was worth trillions? I can't recall the book though.

Pretty sure he just bought Dathomir for 50 credits or something.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:36 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Pretty sure he just bought Dathomir for 50 credits or something.

I'm sure he had amassed a wealth in his gambling, I recall that much.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Except ya know, Sidious and Xizor.
After becoming Emperor, I can only assume his total wealth would have exceeded Mutdah's, due to the sheer amount of resources he controlled. Beforehand? Doubtful. Not sure what Xizor's personal wealth amounted to, though I know it was vast.

If the short story "At Odd's" is usable to any extent, then the initial order of 3 million Clone troops likely cost ~2-3 billion credits(as Lama Su requested a deposit of 1 billion credits before she would commission the growth of another 3 million soldiers.)

I only mention that because it helps put into perspective how gargantuan "trillionS" of credits really is.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Quite so and if that's how much 3 million Clones cost, then a lot of wealthy figures could have their own clone army with no real issue.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 11:07 PM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Galan007
After becoming Emperor, I can only assume his total wealth would have exceeded Mutdah's, due to the sheer amount of resources he controlled. Beforehand? Doubtful. Not sure what Xizor's personal wealth amounted to, though I know it was vast.

If the short story "At Odd's" is usable to any extent, then the initial order of 3 million Clone troops likely cost ~2-3 billion credits(as Lama Su requested a deposit of 1 billion credits before she would commission the growth of another 3 million soldiers.)

I only mention that because it helps put into perspective how gargantuan "trillionS" of credits really is.
In the Shadows of the Empire novel Xizors, vaders, and palpatines different wealths are mentioned quite a bit.

Xizor thinks to himself at one point how he's worth billions- "Credits are nothing, he had billions. A way of keeping score, that was all. Not important."

A page earlier he thinks to himself that hes worth more than several planets combined.- "He sighed. He was rich beyond the income of many entire planets,"

Also the narration states that Vader is almost as rich as him- "He was nearly as rich as Xizor and, like the dark Prince, cared little for wealth itself."

And that Palpatine is far richer than either- "Then again, the Emperor had a lot more treasures than anybody else in the galaxy, and the loss even of a city-size skyhook would be but a small pail subtracted from his vast sea."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone should construct a legit graph that shows the wealthiest beings in the galaxy along the timeline, with the most accurate gauge of their wealth possible if it isn't accurately stated.

E.g Mutdah would cause the graph to fly upwards when it gets to his timeline.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:24 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

That would require looking really deep, making a graph of the wealthiest in the whole galaxy might be more difficult than realizing. Because I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just looking at someone's wealth solely. Taking into account if they are apart of any organizations, or what have you which would be able to increase their wealth ontop of what they already have.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:59 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Valkoriate. He literally owned 2 galaxy-threatening empires.

Credits are inconsequential when you can't acquire resources.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would require looking really deep, making a graph of the wealthiest in the whole galaxy might be more difficult than realizing. Because I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just looking at someone's wealth solely. Taking into account if they are apart of any organizations, or what have you which would be able to increase their wealth ontop of what they already have.
I'd just like an easy way to see what kind of credits people are making. As long as you get a rough gauge for millions, billions and trillions it could work.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 02:06 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Frankly, I think there shouldn't even be counting millions. In a huge galaxy such as the SWU, millions wouldn't be noticeable to the wealthiest individuals in the galaxy.

Millions sure would be great for planetary level, but not for a galactic scale scope. Billions/Trillions would be better to look at.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 02:10 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well maybe Jabba instead of G0-T0 since as I recall G0-T0 was only a member of the Exchange, not their leader.

Or whomever was that Hutt King was in TOR?

G0-T0 was the Exchange leader at the time. Pretty impressive for a droid.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 03:31 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

My original question is was Dooku wealthier than sidious during pt era knowing that both came from wealthy families?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 06:24 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well according to TCSWE, the House of Serenno, the Counts(which Dooku of course was one) were believed to be some of the wealthiest and influential beings in the galaxy for a millennia.

Meanwhile Palpatine's house was wealthy on Naboo, but not as wealthy as some of the other houses.

So...yeah Dooku was more wealthy than Palpatine as of TPM and probably AOTC, by but ROTS with Palpatine becoming Chancellor, he wasn't.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 13th, 2017 at 06:32 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 06:30 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Palpatine was Chancellor ever since TPM lol.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 08:19 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

In terms of actual power and influence Palpatine was wealthier than Dooku due to his dense political connections, but Dooku got dat private money.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 10:22 AM