KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Wealthiest Individuals in the SW Universe

Wealthiest Individuals in the SW Universe
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Palpatine, imagine how much money the Empire controlled under tis subjugation of untold thousands of planets and all of their resources to boot

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 10:31 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Palpatine was Chancellor ever since TPM lol.

He was a Senator. Finis Valorum was Chancellor in TPM, until he got booted out and Palps became Chancellor we see at the end.

A bit I did dun goofed, so yeah even by AoTC, Palps should be richer than Dooku. Only reason I'm not counting TPM is because he was more a Senator than Chancellor.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 13th, 2017 at 01:56 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

But does the chancellor have personal access to funds being a public figure? Emperor absolute power palps doesn't equal chancellor/senator

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I don't see why he wouldn't have access.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unless he embezzles like irl Putin maybe

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Emperor Palps def is much, much richer than his Chancellor self.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Raptor22
In the Shadows of the Empire novel Xizors, vaders, and palpatines different wealths are mentioned quite a bit.

Xizor thinks to himself at one point how he's worth billions- "Credits are nothing, he had billions. A way of keeping score, that was all. Not important."

A page earlier he thinks to himself that hes worth more than several planets combined.- "He sighed. He was rich beyond the income of many entire planets,"

Also the narration states that Vader is almost as rich as him- "He was nearly as rich as Xizor and, like the dark Prince, cared little for wealth itself."

And that Palpatine is far richer than either- "Then again, the Emperor had a lot more treasures than anybody else in the galaxy, and the loss even of a city-size skyhook would be but a small pail subtracted from his vast sea."
thumb up

So to your knowledge: aside from Palpatine, whose cumulative wealth as Emperor likely exceeded any other in galactic history, no character has ever been stated to have amassed personal wealth that was in the trillions?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Far as what I know, nope. Doesn't mean that they couldn't have. Although Xizor's personal wealth was in the billions since he was president of his own company which was worth billions(XTS), including the Black Sun he more than likely does have money in the trillions given the scope of the organization which was everywhere, including the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire. Or at the bare least, he has the means of getting to the trillions, if you don't want to go assuming but it's more than likely.

Hence why as I said, you can't really look at personal wealth if they are also apart of something else. You can, but that's not all of it.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jan 13th, 2017 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 06:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

From what I can tell, Mutdah has the most *independent* wealth in the franchise, by an astronomical margin. Conversely, Palpatine has the most *cumulative* wealth by virtue of being the galactic Emperor.

Same basic concept goes for Xizor possessing vast wealth by virtue of commanding Black Sun, The Hutts by virtue of controlling major trade routes and such, etc. etc.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Pretty much.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 10:34 PM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

So to your knowledge: aside from Palpatine, whose cumulative wealth as Emperor likely exceeded any other in galactic history, no character has ever been stated to have amassed personal wealth that was in the trillions?
yeah to my knowledge, as far as independently wealthy, no one but Mutduh has been stated to have trillions.

As far as cumilitive wealth, id be willing to bet whoever is the reigning Queen Mother of the Hapan royal dynasty at any given time, would probably be second only to Palpatine. Id have to flip thru Courtship of Princess leia (which ill probably do tonight) to refresh my memory on figures and assets, but from what i remember their wealth was quite vast.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I don't think there was ever an actual figure stated on the wealth of the Hapan. But the family Leia was marrying into, was one of the wealthiest in the galaxy.

Their star system was known for its wealth, 63 of the planets being the wealthiest in the galaxy, though no known figure is given.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 12:51 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Zenwolf
He was a Senator. Finis Valorum was Chancellor in TPM, until he got booted out and Palps became Chancellor we see at the end.

A bit I did dun goofed, so yeah even by AoTC, Palps should be richer than Dooku. Only reason I'm not counting TPM is because he was more a Senator than Chancellor.

I know Valorum was Chancellor. He got removed mid-TPM.

Palpatine becomes Chancellor very shortly after Maul's bisection, IIRC.

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 14th, 2017 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 01:09 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Literally the scene immediately after Obi-Wan dices Maul and says his farewells to Qui-Gon.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 02:10 AM
Zenwolf

Meh if you really wanna count TPM Palps, then yeah guess he's more wealthy than Dooku there too.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 02:11 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Bump. Ant thinks the Outlander is #2.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:58 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zenwolf be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQJhvs4amQ&t=0m07s

Not really seeing the comparison.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:03 AM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

The leaders of crime organizations like Black Sun and the Pykes must be full of it too.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:12 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote