KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode 8 Title - THE LAST JEDI

Episode 8 Title - THE LAST JEDI
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
they'll be sucking a Kylo's teets, yeah
I will make all the doubters of the new trilogy pay.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 10:04 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Interesting enough but that title was actually spoken in the Force Awakens.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 11:42 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 03:11 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Do you guys remember all those other really great titles from previous Star Wars movies? Titles like... Star Wars. Or Return (not Revenge) of the Jedi.

Or The Phantom Menace. Or Attack of the Clones.

Yeah, awesome movie titles aren't this franchise's strong point. Kind of pointless and super late to be b*tching so hard about it now.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I'm willing to bet "the empire strikes back"" was the best cause of Irvin kershner (anti Hollywood)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Star Wars.
I liked this one.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I like most SW titles. Attack of the Clones and The Force Awakens are the only ones I dislike. The Last Jedi is fine; it’s just a little mundane.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 05:38 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty much, just kind of of there. Doesn't really move you and pick at the emotional strings like 'The Empire Strikes Back', 'Return of The Jedi' or even 'Revenge of The Sith' do. But I'm not too worried about the titles.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
I will make all the doubters of the new trilogy pay.

Isn't Your presence is punishment enough....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty much, just kind of of there. Doesn't really move you and pick at the emotional strings like 'The Empire Strikes Back', 'Return of The Jedi' or even 'Revenge of The Sith' do. But I'm not too worried about the titles.

All these titles are cheesy 50s b-movie titles. They're supposed to be.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

kind of a spoiler title, since at the moment there are 2 jedi.

luke dies.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Maybe it's a trick title. Maybe Jedi is plural.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

a valid point, but i highly doubt it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
kind of a spoiler title, since at the moment there are 2 jedi.

luke dies.
Rey isn't a Jedi.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
a valid point, but i highly doubt it.
I'm being an optimist B-dawg, don't ruin this for me!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:43 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Rey isn't a Jedi.

the titles refer to events of their respective films, not events before the films.
its pretty obvious that rey will be training as a jedi under luke at the start.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jan 24th, 2017 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:50 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Not really. Luke already went through that and then exiled himself, there is no guarantee he will rinse and repeat.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if the title referred to their final extinction, we'll see.

That said, it's not as if Rey would immediately be a Jedi at the start of the movie anyway.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 24th, 2017 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:56 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Not really. Luke already went through that and then exiled himself, there is no guarantee he will rinse and repeat.

just like ben?
also, it's kinda required to push the story forward.

Personally I think it would be more interesting if the title referred to their final extinction, we'll see.

that's an interesting take. rey turns evil and kills luke, maybe? could be.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

IMO,

Can't see the Jedi going extinction, despite moments of bleakness, SW is about good/light triumphing over evil/dark.

While I expect Luke to be reluctant in initially training Rey, I think it's a safe bet he'll have a change of heart and train her from some pivotal reason(s). edit; Then again, there's a good reason already, Luke's former apprentice killed Luke's BFF, the guy who ****ed his sister proper

I also see Luke dying as an emotional trigger for Rey and as a means of passing the torch. Old generation to new.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 24th, 2017 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

unless maybe luke is keeping a secret from her that would make her resentful and untrusting, the way ben/yoda did with luke. maybe something relating to her origin.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:05 PM