KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I hate Star Wars now

I hate Star Wars now
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

I can understand this guys point. I have had several of the things I was a fan of growing up pretty much taken away from me and warped in hideous ways to make it appeal to others.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

If one can call it appealing. At least... will it be appealing on the long run like the OT was?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 09:30 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am sure Disney don't care. They are making their money back plus several billion more.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Your right they dont care.... THEY HAVE GARBAGE IN THIER HANDS and they think its gold!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 10:04 AM
Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, they have gold and treat it like trash from McDonald's...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 11:20 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I had to use torrents to see the originals as they were before all the edits

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 11:30 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Then I guess you should find something else to be passionate about.

Or are you one of those fans who hates Star Wars and the changes but will continue to talk about and buy related items?
Star Wars video games are a prime example.

I don't care if you hate the mythos, game like Battlefront, Jedi Outcast, Dark Forces, or KOTOR especially, are just great games.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

All trash compared to Tie Fighter.

The Dos version with Imuse, not that Windows hatchet job.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 02:14 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by steverules_2
I had to use torrents to see the originals as they were before all the edits

I can recommend the Despecialized Editions.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 09:34 PM
cdtm

Done from different sources.

The Silver Screen Edition looks promising, it's a cleanup from the negatives (Didn't Lucas claim they were all destroyed?)

Found a comparison:

http://imgur.com/a/I7gJD

SS on the left.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 17th, 2017 at 04:51 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2017 04:49 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

My god, these are way too much trouble to get.

Refuse to use torrents for anything, Mega links are all too big and have download caps, and Reddt links are all non clearly marked or have problems.

Nobody knows how to do a proper upload anymore. Either that, or everyones using bait and switch tactics to trick people into clicking/upgrading an account.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 05:32 PM
cdtm

Finally, finally managed to see episode iv.

Worth the wait. The spliced in footage is visably of a lesser quality then the blu-ray stuff, but Harmy does a good job of blending it in as well he can. I understand the 2.7 version used Silver Screen Edition title crawlers and some other things.

I think I'll try and see the SSE next. I understand it took them over three years clean and touch up the 35mm film they aquired.

Old Post May 28th, 2017 02:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yup. A labour of love.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by coolmovies
I hate Star Wars now

Glad I'm not the only one.. lol

Although I've always been more of a casual fan anyway, and it was only more recently with the ubiquity of commercialized Star Wars shit that I've become disgusted by the whole spectacle. That and Force Awakens rehashed the damn Death Star to a nauseating degree and Rogue One was boring fan service...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Least there's Rebels.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 01:18 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Honestly I have never seen the appeal... I'd take Jaws over a New Hope any day.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Honestly I have never seen the appeal... I'd take Jaws over a New Hope any day.

SILENCE YOURSELF HERETIC!!!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 12:52 AM
Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Two great films.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 06:21 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by queeq
Yup. A labour of love.

It doesn't have "A new hope" on it, so we're talking as old school a cut as you can get.

I think I prefer the SSE edition to Harmy's. The grain and little flaws makes it feel more authentic, like how they saw it back in the theater. And seeing those low res sources in the middle of blu-ray scenes somewhat broke the immersion for me.

Where could they have gotten the 35 mm cut, though? Someone at Fox who knew it would never happen officially? Someone who worked on the original project year ago, and happened to have a cut sitting around collecting dust?

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 03:17 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 03:07 PM
cdtm

So imo Silver Screen Edition > Harmy edition.

It's has a more consistent look, and there's something more legitimate about a 35 milimeter restoration then a splicing together of sources that includes Blue Rays.

One method seems more like stealing, while the other simply restores a neglected original. Even if the result seems the same, it's a difference between the mission of M.A.M.E and merely ripping a modern game..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 05:19 AM