KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett?

Jango Fett?
Started by: T'Challa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dirty Vader

Its nothing to do with lazyness.
Boba Fett was brought back because in the films he was supposed to be the best, most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy.
And the best, most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy shouldnt die because of a blind man with a crowbar accidentaly activated his jetpack that made him fall in the pit of carkoon.
So to compensate, the writers who thought that Boba was a cool mysterious caracter decided to bring him back, to let his great reputation revive. With his great skill, boba managed to get out of the pit alive. Something no man has done before.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, he DID die and they should have kept him dead and come up with an ORIGINAL character, you know, someone they had actually had to create instead of steal

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:02 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Steal????
I dont think I need to explain how absurd that sounds.
Once you fall into the pit of carkoon you dont die immediately. It digests you and lets you die slowly, it doesent kill you straight off.
If the EU created too many caracters, it wouldnt be star wars anymore, some of the originals have to stay.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:43 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

GL made it clear he wanted Boba dead, than it's plainly retarded to bring him back
that's called being lazy to create your own superbadguy

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 11:48 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

If George Lucas made it clear he wanted Boba dead, he would of vetoed his coming back.
No, Lucas doesent mind at all about Boba being brought back in the EU. In his film Boba died because it would be unwise for him to be left out.

You also say super bad guy. Boba has barely been used in the EU. He's been used in Dark Empire, the bounty hunter wars, Tales From the Bounty Hunters, jedi academy and other comics but thats all. He was used because a lot of fans liked him and thought he was mysterious and the writers expanded on that.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:14 PM
yerssot

that's cause GL doesn't care at all about the books, for him, it's simply not star wars

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 12:21 PM
blah84

jangos death is unfair he had a kid who saw him get d-cappitated!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 01:08 AM
Click here to Send blah84 a Private Message Find more posts by blah84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

how do you think Boba will finally get his anger towards jedis?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 11:12 AM
tk-622

how can anyone says that jango is the father and bobba is the son duh they are clones, is like saying that the stormtroopers and bobba are brothers.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 12:28 AM
Click here to Send tk-622 a Private Message Find more posts by tk-622 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mace Skywalker

Re: Jango Fett?

quote:
Originally posted by T'Challa
hey, I think Jango and Bobba Fett are the coolest Star Wars characters ever! who likes Jango?

Boba is much cooler than jango though. At least he got his job done. Jango got dealt with real quick, by my master, it was excellent.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Mace Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Mace Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

hehehe.....that is great......'Jango was done in by your master' laughing out loud

I think that just like Boba, we didnt see enough of Jango,
we just caught him just before his demise....
Jango obviously had a great rep as a warrior
as he was used to create the greatest army in
the galaxy......[a bunch of brothers]

And Boba....hey, I can see Jango's logic here....
no real time for a steady woman or to take care
of a kid.....
So, why not create a younger clone of myself and
call him son......
He is guarrented to carry the Fett' tradition as the
greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy.....

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
hey, I think Jango and Bobba Fett are the coolest Star Wars characters ever! who likes Jango?

I once had the worlds largest Jango Fett memorabilia collection. I ended up selling it a few months back, because I was running out of room, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
Jango's okay but we didnt get to see much of him. Maybe EU will compensate for this and tell us stories about his bounty hunts and such.
I didnt think he looked that good without his mask on though because the actor was far from the best at his job.

Read "Open Season 1-4". It's some of the best E.U. work ever. The "Jango Fett" trade paperback is crap, IMO. The animation, anyway, but it follows the same story line as the "Bounty Hunter" video game, which is also one of the best S.W. games ever.

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
boba is 10 times the bounty hunter jango was.

Jango Fett, which can be visually proven, killed more people than Boba Fett on screen, which technically makes Jango the better of the 2. Jango had 2 kills in Coleman Trebor and Zam Wesell. You can count the Reek if you want, I suppose.

quote:
With his great skill, boba managed to get out of the pit alive.

Do these great skills include regenerating living human tissue, which would have been worn away by the stomach acid churning in the stomach of the Sarlacc, which would have digested Boba Fett? Does it include the skills to render him conscious again after slamming into the sail barge? What about the skills to magically produce a working jet pack and weapon, since both were broken?

E.U. is more like P.U. sometimes because their stories stink.

quote:
Boba has barely been used in the EU. He's been used in Dark Empire, the bounty hunter wars, Tales From the Bounty Hunters, jedi academy and other comics but thats all.

..the Star Wars Christmas Special as well. Considering all that you mentioned, how the hell is that being "barely used"?? The guy only had 4 speaking lines in 2 movies, and a shitload of appearances in E.U.!

quote:
Originally posted by Mace Skywalker
Boba is much cooler than jango though. At least he got his job done. Jango got dealt with real quick, by my master, it was excellent.

So did Jango. He spawned the entire army of the Republic. How does that compare to capturing one pirate to collect on a stupid debt?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandalorain-fan

quote:
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
and they both dies like b!#c#s. what kind of sick sense of humor does lucas have? build them up as cool, then kill them in under 5 seconds. i guess hes trying to teach us that no matter how cool you are, there's always someone cooler. smile
lol how true

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Mandalorain-fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mandalorain-fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

And who said Boba was dead......? reading

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandalorain-fan

yea i read the bounty hunter wars - he gets out doesnt he? and dengar helps him mend

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Mandalorain-fan a Private Message Find more posts by Mandalorain-fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Re: Jango Fett?

quote:

Well, since after GL changed the voice of Boba in the OT, there really isn't any Boba Fett anymore other than in name. Boba Fett was distinctive, but now he's just another character done an injustice. He was my favorite. I hate the new voice.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

Did GL freakin plug somebody else's voice in the OT,
like he replaced Sebatian Shaw's charater at the end of
ROTJ.....?

I swear GL pi$$e$ me off sometimes.... mad

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 06:30 PM
Scribble

So, who thinks that they'll bring Boba back for the new Han Solo film? Could Temuera Morrison play him?

Last edited by Scribble on Mar 6th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

'Member Boba Fett?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

**** boba fett. overrated nothing-character.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote