KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kenobi vs Maul: How Did It Happen?

Kenobi vs Maul: How Did It Happen?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Unless it's outright stated to not be the case, I'm sticking with it. thumb up
U r in denial then, got it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Beniboybling
U r in denial then, got it.

Nah. Ur the one that doesn't think Sidious could take infinite Vaders.

#GitRekt

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:34 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

u know who Kenobi can rek tho, galen.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It tru. :'(

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:40 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I'm just excited for how this bumps vader...
(vader>revan)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'm just excited for how this bumps vader...
(vader>revan)

It definitely helps explain why Kenobi was able to fight evenly with Vader in ANH. I kind of expected this to happen since the new canon seems to have Vader as a top tier force user.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think the fight can be accurately used to powerscale for Ben or Maul for several reasons. The biggest thing is the fact that Maul used the same old tricks *exactly*; moves that Kenobi has already seen and is familiar with. Kenobi is a more transformative and progressive fighter than Maul is, and that transformation is seen pretty evidently when Ben shifts from his PT opening stance to a simpler one, as Ares has mentioned. Maul thought he was facing an old, crippled hermit and nothing more, so I don't think he really expected anything impressive skill-wise from Kenobi.

The fight is more symbolic of Maul's stagnation and how he clings to the past, while Kenobi has moved on, both mentally and in a dueling-sense. Ben and Maul's face-off is more exclusive to them and their past and growth (or lack thereof) as characters. Using it to start saying "ya lol maul is fodder even ___ can beat him" or "ben can stomp malgus now" is really just ridiculous.

Pathetic.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:15 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ben's a level 6, Vader's a 4. smile

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:26 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow just watched this half-assed shit from Filoni. I think I mentally an heroed.

(please log in to view the image)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Kurk
Wow just watched this half-assed shit from Filoni. I think I mentally an heroed.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Pathetic.
You know I'm right. smile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:36 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Honestly the rebels recon made me appreciate the episode so much more. And the duel was incredibly symblic if short.
Props to feloni and disney

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think the fight can be accurately used to powerscale for Ben or Maul for several reasons. The biggest thing is the fact that Maul used the same old tricks *exactly*; moves that Kenobi has already seen and is familiar with. Kenobi is a more transformative and progressive fighter than Maul is, and that transformation is seen pretty evidently when Ben shifts from his PT opening stance to a simpler one, as Ares has mentioned. Maul thought he was facing an old, crippled hermit and nothing more, so I don't think he really expected anything impressive skill-wise from Kenobi.

The fight is more symbolic of Maul's stagnation and how he clings to the past, while Kenobi has moved on, both mentally and in a dueling-sense. Ben and Maul's face-off is more exclusive to them and their past and growth (or lack thereof) as characters. Using it to start saying "ya lol maul is fodder even ___ can beat him" or "ben can stomp malgus now" is really just ridiculous.

This.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:35 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
Vitiate has demonstrated a wider variety and more poweful uses of Force powers, but Kenobi would probably cream him in a combat scenario with his vastly superior skill, tactics and speed. smile

You need to see a doctor. I fear for your sanity.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:39 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rebel95
Quanchi is currently crying in a corner thinking of an excuse for why Maul lost lmao
When have I ever ignored continuity ?? You people and your ignorance is very troubling. If you ask nicely I can explain everything for the mongoloids. Gather round but be polite and ask NICELY.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:13 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

damn, maul got destroyed lol so much for all his defenders eh

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 08:59 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
damn, maul got destroyed lol so much for all his defenders eh

It was just bad promotion and storytelling tbh. I mean seriously who enjoyed that fight except for Maul haters?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Kenobi wankers smile

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 10:28 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Kenobi wankers smile

At least you got exactly what you wanted dude thumb up

But hey even for Kenobi's no.1 fan, this would have meant a thousand times more if not for that Kanan vs Maul crapfest.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 10:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote