KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader in Rogue One

Vader in Rogue One
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Fanboys love no matter what he does but he's just being whored out. Nothing but a whore is Vader's lot these days.
You no longer like the Vader scene in R1? You had previously commented how that was one of the few good parts of the film.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard
Darth Vader's behind Hannibal Lector and Norman Bates, there's no shame in that. Vader <3

it should also be noted that vader made the evil a-list with no pathological disorder to assist him.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You no longer like the Vader scene in R1? You had previously commented how that was one of the few good parts of the film.
I liked it as an action sequence but it detracts from Vader in the grander scheme. He failed in a way demeaning to the guy with decades of experience in a situation easily resolved with tk. His lines with Orson earlier in the film were cringeworthy and I know this can't be helped but James earl doesn't sound the same anymore.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nah

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nah
Nah to what ?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 11:58 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nah to James' voice, I guess. It sure doesn't sound the same... or they rushed it. Last minute change: add Lord Vader???

I remember Alec Guinness rerecording his own voice for Lawrence of Arabia like 30 years after being filmed and he got it quite well. But he practised quite a bit to sound the same.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 11:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by quanchi112
I liked it as an action sequence but it detracts from Vader in the grander scheme.

The grander scheme being that Vader is just awesome then.... forget R1, Vaders still my Vader....

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 05:30 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Give him a hug when you see him.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i dont like either of those endings. sad

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Vader was never supposed to be "teh Badass!" That's something that man-children and actual children like to impose because they have no sense of characterization, dynamic, tone, or pacing. It's all about "ERHMAGAWD he has lightsaber and chokes people with TK like a f*cking badass! ERMHAGAWD so cool!"

The internet made that sentiment loud enough that the filmmakers took note and added exactly that to Vader's cameo in Rogue One. They made him a generic video-game character for that minute and it's all the mindless, rabid fanboys care about. Throughout the OT, Vader was IMPLIED to be awesome and supremely dangerous per the less-is-more principle. The audience was left to infer that from the few moments in the OT when we see people look at him in fear or watch helplessly as their colleague's being strangled to death.

The entire opening scene of ANH was masterful for that. If Vader's R1 cameo was just the Mustafar scene, it would have been so fantastic. Menacing, intimidating, powerful, subtle.

But no... LIGHTSABERS! I clapped when I saw DARTH VADER! So badass!

I agree he is just taking orders and doing his job in ANH he lets all the stormtropers do all the work

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 09:04 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Makes R1 a lot better.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2017 09:06 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Does anyone really care about R1 anymore? They should not waste the unsold sales of putting it on Blu-ray Disc....

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 10:13 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"Unsold sales"... I have no idea what you just said... wink

Old Post Mar 5th, 2017 05:15 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I guess Admiral Motti had a point.....regarding the ds plans......

https://youtu.be/Zzs-OvfG8tE

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:53 PM
queeq
Chaos

It seems from this scene it's not entirely clear if the Rebels got the plans and also that Vader has been looking for them for some time. R1 doesn't make sense, Vader knows who has them and where they are. Don't people watch these movies anymore before they start making prequels?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 09:23 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Are you being facetious, or did you miss the beginning of ANH? confused

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I did! But clearly not everyone is convinced the plans were stolen. And that Vader's been at it for a while. With R1 this seems to have happened yesterday.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I always got the impression from ANH's opening that Vader's been dogging the Rebels for a little while trying to recover the plans. Like he suspected Leia of being a Rebel agent but just now has he cinched up the proof that she is when he caught the DS plans being beamed to her ship. That he felt the need to cover up the boarding operation with a false distress call makes the whole thing feel more clandestine and hush hush.

Rogue 1 makes it feel like he was just hanging around that battle at the end and when he saw an opportunity to board a ship and waste some people, he took it. Then he realized he just let the stolen plans slowly and easily escape him so he freaked out and immediately gave chase. A ginormous battle involving millions of people just witnessed the Death Star glass a planet. That's not hush hush, that's HOLY F*CK YOU GUYZ TAKE A PICTURE, SHOW THE GALAXY!

I prefer the first version.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Mar 20th, 2017 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'm beginning to think neither of you have seen either of these films.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote