KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Military might of The Eternal Empire - an overview

Military might of The Eternal Empire - an overview
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

Military might of The Eternal Empire - an overview

ETERNAL NAVY

The Eternal Fleet

The Eternal Fleet is an ancient and unstoppable armada operated by sentient droids and controlled by the Eternal Throne. Centuries ago, the fleet nearly wiped out all of Wild Space.

Taken from the codex entry titled "The Eternal Fleet."

---

Combat formation and strategy of The Eternal Fleet:

From the court-martial of Admiral Dannis Veriga, Republic Fleet:

When the Eternal Fleet came for Alderaan, we thought we were prepared. The Republic planned for a naval invasion. What we got was a massacre.

The enemy suddenly dropped out of hyperspace. There were hundreds of them, a massive wall of ships moving as one. I've never seen such a fluid formation. When we shot a vessel down, the others closed in and sealed the gap. Like the fleet was healing a wound.

They were relentless. We fought with everything we had, but barely scratched the enemy. It was like the entire fleet had a single pilot.

So yes, I ordered the retreat. Even then, only half of us survived. There's no stopping them. Why die trying?

Taken from the codex entry titled "Eternal Fleet: Combat."

(please log in to view the image)

Battle Cruiser (standard)

Eternal Flagship

Commissioned by Valkorion at the height of his rule, the Eternal Flagship is the vanguard of the Eternal Fleet and a powerful symbol of Zakuul's might and splendor. While the rest of the fleet is piloted by GEMINI droid captains, the Eternal Flagship is operated by the most skilled and zealous humans in the empire.

Famously, the Eternal Flagship transported Arcann and Thexan to battle during their conquest of the Core Worlds. The flagship swiftly knocked out Balmorra's planetary defense system, allowing the twin princes to capture the world's weapon factories intact. In recognition of this momentous victory, the flagship's crew was awarded Zakuul's highest honor, the Medal of Eternal Valor, by none other than the Immortal Emperor Valkorion.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Eternal Flagship."

Full size image: http://i63.tinypic.com/x4g7pl.jpg

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:43 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

ETERNAL DROIDS

EPHEMERIS Droids

The Eternal Empire of Zakuul doesn't have a population of loyal citizens large enough to fully crew its thousands of warships, much less its gargantuan Star Fortress battle stations. The solution: "EPHEMERIS" droids, advanced multi-tasking machines capable of running every vital system in an operational Star Fortress--and also provide defensive countermeasures should the organic command staff become incapacitated.

Though often mistaken for fully-functional artificial intelligences, EPHEMERIS droids are incapable of independence. These hybrid machines merely combine all the best features of Class 1 mathematics droids, Class 3 administration droids, and Class 4 assassin droids into a lethal and efficient package.

Taken from the codex entry titled "EPHEMERIS Droids."

GEMINI Droids

For easier control, GEMINI droids operate through a single collective consciousness. An order issued from the Eternal Throne is not sent to an individual droid, but to the hive mind for assignment to the best-suited unit. While each droid retains a limited sense of individuality, she acts more like an appendage of a singular brain than an individual connected to a network.

GEMINI droids share thoughts, reactions, and instincts. Every GEMINI feels when one unit's pain receptors fire. A single GEMINI's destruction is experienced by the entire fleet. A droid's existence does not end with deactivation; its consciousness is absorbed into the hive mind for redistribution. If a new chassis isn't available, the consciousness remains in the hive mind, waiting. Unless every GEMINI unit is destroyed, the Eternal Fleet's squad of captains can exist indefinitely.

Taken from the codex entry titled "GEMINI: Hive Mind."

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:44 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

ETERNAL GROUND FORCES

World Thrasher

In an era of planetary shields, the easiest way to conquer a world is to put boots on the ground. But even the largest army of surface troops can be neutralized by hostile or impassable terrain, which is why the Eternal Empire developed the world thrasher.

A massive armored vehicle, world thrashers are sent to clear a path for incoming ground troops during the first wave of a planetary invasion. These automated machines of environmental destruction can uproot or incinerate trees, smash boulders, flatten hills, and even burrow through mountains, earning them the nickname "death tractors."

Attempts to utilize world thrashers as weapons have failed because their bulk makes them too ponderous and slow to effectively keep up with a military advance. However, any enemy soldiers careless enough to approach the death tractors will inevitably suffer heavy casualties.

Taken from the codex entry titled "World Thrasher."

Knights of Zakuul

Before Zakuulans served the Immortal Emperor, they lived in nomadic tribes, each led by three Force sensitives: Matriarch, Champion and High Shaman. After Valkorion had united the tribes, he repurposed these roles to form the Knights of Zakuul. Officially considered protectors of the people, Knights hunt down corruption in the Eternal Empire. In actuality, they are enforcers of the Emperor's will and fanatical in their adoration for Valkorion and his family. Zakuul Knights don't limit themselves to studying one side of the Force, instead teaching balance and exploration. Knights have their own relationships with the Force, but are encouraged to share their findings with the rest of the order. No area is deemed "weak" or "a dangerous path"--they are all parts of a larger, limitless power. Ultimately, every action a Knight takes is to honor the Immortal Emperor. Sacrifices, whether material or a life, are essential to show one's commitment to the Emperor.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Knights of Zakuul."

Scions of Zakuul

Scions are a subgroup of Zakuul Knights who can glimpse the future through the Force. Before Arcann's coronation, they were often paired with other Knights to form a team with both mental and physical prowess. Scions are infatuated with the idea of fate and consider their visions foolproof.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Scions of Zakuul."

Walkers

1. Command Walker

2. Recon Walker

Skytrooper

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 02:50 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:44 PM
S_W_LeGenD

ETERNAL SUPER WEAPONS

Quantum Bomb

Developed by Arkanian researchers seeking an alternate energy source, a quantum bomb shreds the connections of elementary particles at a subatomic level, causing an escalating chain reaction that obliterates any matter it comes into contact with. The blast radius is subject to the random variances of quantum probability and can extend anywhere from 20,000 to 50,000 kilometers.

Because of this unpredictability, quantum bombs are rarely used in military campaigns. Koth witnessed such destruction firsthand during the military campaign to conquer the Republic world of Denon. The devastation unleashed on the Denon fleet--followed by an order to open fire on civilians--caused him to abdicate his military command and turn his back on Zakuul.

Despite this, or perhaps because of it, Koth recognized the potential of a quantum bomb beyond conventional military uses. By installing one on the Gravestone and integrating the trigger mechanism with the ship's systems, he concocted the ultimate fail-safe to keep the vessel from falling into enemy hands.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Quantum Bomb."

Star Fortress

After Arcann's successful campaign through Republic and Imperial space, he deployed massive battle stations orbiting the planets he most wanted under his control. These Star Fortresses are powered by Sun Generators capable of venting their excess plasma onto the planet below. The threat of instant devastation holds the world populations hostage and serves as a warning to any who might attack the fortress.

Every enslaved world has its own tale of life under the oppressive shadow of a Star Fortress. Some blame the stations for spreading blight and disease through the environment; others have stories of friends incinerated from orbit for daring to speak their minds about Arcann or Zakuul. True or not, freedom will never be restored to the galaxy until Arcann's Star Fortresses are all destroyed.

Taken from the codex entry titled "Star Fortress."

Full size image: http://i68.tinypic.com/2mrxiyb.jpg

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 02:45 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Great job.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Thank you. smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:09 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I appreciate the effort. Niche work.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:33 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Thank you. smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:02 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Not half bad, good collection of quotes. A for effort.

Still one of the most overrated militaries in Star Wars Lore though, their fleet is a glorified group of Munificent class frigates that happen to be way more coordinated. I'm curious as to why you had no quotes on Skytroopers, is it simply because they're fodder or is there just no information on them?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Seems I may have been underrating the Eternal Fleet. Nice job.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:29 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

@Selenial

Thank you for your feedback. smile

I am simply trying to piece together available data in order to construct a larger picture of the realities of the Eternal Empire and why it had the upperhand over its adversaries.

Eternal Fleet was indeed incredibly organized and managed in any battle. On top of this, leaders were brilliant tacticians.

With the sudden arrival of the Eternal Empire, the galaxy was turned upside down. The Eternal Fleet struck both the Sith Empire and the Republic at once, first targeting their shipyards, then cutting off supply lines. Within months, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant were blockaded.

Taken from the codex entry titled "State of the galaxy."

I did not had much luck in finding documented information about Skytroopers so far. What I know is that they were a series of droids (standard and heavy models), customized for different roles in combat situations. They were a formidable threat in large numbers.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:38 PM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. big grin

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:43 PM
Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77

Thank you. smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:45 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by S W LeGenD
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. big grin

Shoo. Shoo. big grin

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 04:46 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by darthbane77

I'm not sure how LeGenD views this, but I still believe the Eternal Fleet is vastly overrated. They're akin to the CIS fleet, pretty shit ships that happen to be in overwhelming numbers.

Look at the Battle of Voss, literally hundreds of Eternal Empire ships were routed by three harrowers and six frigates. The only reason the Eternal Empire succeeded in space was because the Republic Fleet and Imperial Armada were decimated attempting to fight each other, Darth Marr talked in Pre-KOTET about how stretched his fleet was. He even could only afford to take one frigate to find Vitiate.

The Empire and Republic could not fight the Eternal Fleet and each other, and were dominated because of it. The Eternal Fleet however is most certainly not an impressive military section. Their ground forces are alright, though.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Nice thread.
Tho Sel is right smile

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Selenial
I'm not sure how LeGenD views this, but I still believe the Eternal Fleet is vastly overrated. They're akin to the CIS fleet, pretty shit ships that happen to be in overwhelming numbers.

Look at the Battle of Voss, literally hundreds of Eternal Empire ships were routed by three harrowers and six frigates. The only reason the Eternal Empire succeeded in space was because the Republic Fleet and Imperial Armada were decimated attempting to fight each other, Darth Marr talked in Pre-KOTET about how stretched his fleet was. He even could only afford to take one frigate to find Vitiate.

The Empire and Republic could not fight the Eternal Fleet and each other, and were dominated because of it. The Eternal Fleet however is most certainly not an impressive military section. Their ground forces are alright, though.

You also have shown in Ch 1 during the space battle, multiple EF cruisers are fighting 1 Thranta class Republic cruiser.

2 v 1 and 3 v 1 respectively.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Selenial

I see tactical brilliance in the formation and composition of an Eternal Fleet. Idea was to create a huge number of small and affordable vessels that would overwhelm any force with sheer numbers and superior network-centric coordination.

Eternal Empire did develop super starships; Eternal Flagship is an example. But it would be really expensive to build a large number of them and risk loosing them in various battles; a mistake that both the Empire and the Republic were guilty of.

The Sith Empire lost scores of Harrower-class starships and super weapons in various battles. That is a tremendous loss to bear.

Eternal Empire won the war with sheer tactical brilliance. Even when the Republic and the Sith Empire were fighting each other, it would have been a mammoth task to subjugate both simultaneously across the breath of the galaxy.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 20th, 2017 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:29 PM
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Great job

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:30 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

That picture of the star fortress is epic

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:48 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote