KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: Rebels!

Star Wars: Rebels!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 125 126 [127] 128 129 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
A very disappointing finale for a very disappointing season. I mean yeah, the rebellion took a huge beating, but we already knew that was going to happen sooner or later. But Thrawn just didn't have the sort of personal impact on the main casts the previous two season-finale villains did. Something should have happened that impacted the Ghost Crew in a permanent and emotional way. Like maybe kill off Hera or something.

Season 1 and season 2 were great, but somewhere along the lines, season 3 fizzled out and all that buildup from Thrawn throughout the entire season never felt like it paid off.

And whatever happened to the darkside Ezra subplot? Why did that have to get canned? It had so much potential. Wish they hadn't killed off Maul so pointlessly. Could've made him a real wildcard throughout this finale

Don't get me wrong. It was a decent episode. But while I was wowed by the previous two season finales, the only thing this finale registered out of me was a quick and simple 'meh.'

Pretty much my thoughts in length I mean there was all of one 'important' character death(can he even be called that?).

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
And whatever happened to the darkside Ezra subplot? Why did that have to get canned? It had so much potential. Wish they hadn't killed off Maul so pointlessly. Could've made him a real wildcard throughout this finale
Agreed 100%.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 04:38 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yeah that's one of the other things that confused me. From the beginning of S1, there were hints about Ezra using the dark side, S2 expanded on it a little more with the Sith Holocron and Maul....then all of a sudden....poof??

Maybe it'll come back in S4? But it would seem out of place given what's been going on with Ezra, as he doesn't appear to be torn in opposite ends or anything.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nah he gave away the holocron and now he's a good boy.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 09:53 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

On a different note, I like how Thrawn had his death troopers wait outside while he trashed Kallus himself lel.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

So are we supposed to assume all the Inquisitors are dead, why hasn't Thrawn dispatched them at all this season? Also I feel like Thrawn would have been more effectively used if he showed up for an episode or two where the Rebellion was his secondary objective tbh.

Frankly this Season proves what I've been saying for years. Without TCWs characters and plot lines at the center of the plot (Maul seemed like kind of a side plot) this show fails to captivate. I feel like there's no build. Why tf is Lothal still relevant? I feel like that plot line should have been wrapped up last season.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 01:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by quanchi112
I bet Vader fans are worried over Kylo when he completes his training.

I bet they aren't. Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans first and foremost and the fact that you think they're gonna be sitting round biting their nails in the hopes that Ep VIII sucks says a lot about you. I'm looking forward to the new film regardless of who my personal favourite characters are. I'm already wondering how you're gonna handle it when Snoke is revealed to be the leader of a Vader worshiping cult!

Now that the season is over though I plan to spend the summer months re-watching TCW, it's much, much better than Rebels.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 02:35 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lord Stark
So are we supposed to assume all the Inquisitors are dead, why hasn't Thrawn dispatched them at all this season? Also I feel like Thrawn would have been more effectively used if he showed up for an episode or two where the Rebellion was his secondary objective tbh.

Frankly this Season proves what I've been saying for years. Without TCWs characters and plot lines at the center of the plot (Maul seemed like kind of a side plot) this show fails to captivate. I feel like there's no build. Why tf is Lothal still relevant? I feel like that plot line should have been wrapped up last season.

Apparently they are, not that they were interesting to begin with save for the GI.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 02:54 PM
Zenwolf

Also I like how Sabine and her mother said they couldn't do anything cause of their civil war, their forces being stretched thin. Yet 5 seconds later "oh take what warriors want to go"

.....What? You just said that you were using everything just to keep the enemy at bay. So you allow your daughter and several Mandos to leave?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 26th, 2017 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 03:02 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Apparently they are, not that they were interesting to begin with save for the GI.

No they weren't interesting but they were far more interesting than the majority of this boring show. The competition between them, their hierarchy, ect. wtf was all that build up for? What a waste.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lord Stark
No they weren't interesting but they were far more interesting than the majority of this boring show. The competition between them, their hierarchy, ect. wtf was all that build up for? What a waste.

Just like the dark side subplot with Ezra.....poof!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 07:33 PM
Flyattractor

Yeah this episode had some rather stupid moments in it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

It's a real shame because the season 2 finale set up so much red meat for this season that this show finally had the opportunity to stand on its own two legs as opposed to simply being "the series after TCW."

Here is what season 3 should been about :

#1. Ezra's slow and gradual descent towards the dark side.

Not the mustache twirling dark side disney interpretation of the dark side, but where the choices and decisions actually make sense, are logical and morally ambiguous and perhaps even give viewers stuff to think about. Needless to say, the season 2 finale and the buildup beforehand should have had some serious effects on his psyche. Ezra becomes absolutely OBSESSED with defeating the Sith throughout the entire season.

#2. Kanan does NOT immediately get accustomed to his blindness.

This should have been a gradual process throughout the entire season as opposed to being resolved in like two episodes. I like that him being blinded by Maul puts some distance between him and Ezra, but this should not have been something gets resolved the minute its explained. By limiting Kanan throughout nearly the entire season, it makes the part where he finally recovers (i.e. a crucial moment in the Season 3 finale) that much more satisfying and gives Ezra more justification for working and learning on his own.

#3. Maul is actually relevant/

Knowing what we know now, Maul served very little purpose throughout this season. The writers were trying to give us this idea that Maul and Ezra were going to work together inadvertently/advertently to achieve some goal. What we got was some lamebrain kidnapping scheme by Maul in one episode, an ultimately pointless encounter with the Night Sisters and a 2 minute cameo from Obiwan. You could take the Maul episodes out of season 3 and nothing would change. Much like the 'darkside Ezra subplot', Maul had zero impact on the narrative throughout this season, so why bother? He may as well have been killed off by Kanan in season 2. Wouldn't have mattered.

Instead, here is how I believe Maul should've been used: From his point of view, he'd be secretly training Ezra in the hopes that they could both use the secrets of the Holocron together to destroy Palpatine. The words "Obiwan Kenobi" should have never been mustered throughout this entire season. From Ezra's point of view, he'd have accepted Maul's tutelage (in secret) as a necessary evil to become powerful enough to destroy the Sith. Remember, the events of the previous season have pushed Ezra to the point of obsession, so he's even willing to work with the guy who blinded his master and father figure if it will get him results.

Slowly but surely, we'd start to see Maul develop as a character. Learning from his mistakes in the season 2 finale, he'd be subtle in his approach of keeping Ezra as his apprentice (never even calling him his apprentice even though he considers him that). Over time, we'd start to see Ezra and Maul's dynamic have opposite effects on one another (Ezra shifting further towards the dark side and Maul slowly shifting in the gray direction without realizing it). Maul won't admit it, but is slowly becoming fond of Ezra's companionship.

All the while, the Ghost Crew would become increasingly suspicious of Ezra and what kind of activities he was frequently engaging in on his own. Obviously, Kanan and co would confront Ezra on this in the end upon realizing it, but this would be a great source of tension and drama throughout the season as well as the keep viewers guessing on what's going to happen next.

#4. Thrawn flips the show on its head

The way they had been building up Thrawn throughout the season was good, but there was very little payoff in the end. We don't care about the Rebels losing a sizable percentage of their forces; we've all seen A New Hope before so we know that doesn't matter. Despite the name, this show isn't about the Rebels. This show is about the GHOST CREW. This show is about Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Wrex and Chopper. So what we really needed to see in this finale was Thrawn delivering a deadly blow to the Ghost crew on a personal and emotional level. And given the significance the Rebels have had as a result of the Ghost Crew's antics, it would've made sense for Thrawn to have some awesome unbeatable plan that accomplishes just this even if he isn't able to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Thrawn needed to do something so CRUSHING and DEMORALIZING that was just going to flip the status quo on its head and make Season 4 a whole new experience. Killing off a member of the main cast, instigating a betrayal, etc.

#5. No pointless filler

This means gutting a lot of season 3 in its current form.

#6. No walking plot device coupon giving Bendu ex machina.

Speaks for itself really. Lazy writing. Extremely lazy writing throughout this season. Bendu should have never existed.

Last edited by Dark-Kenshin on Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

thumb up Season 3 was pretty bad, and it makes it that much worse because it could have been so good.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 10:39 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Also one thing, I'm recalling Bendu say something that he saw Thrawn's death....you guys think they're actually gonna kill off Thrawn in Rebels?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 04:06 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by samhain
I bet they aren't. Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans first and foremost and the fact that you think they're gonna be sitting round biting their nails in the hopes that Ep VIII sucks says a lot about you. I'm looking forward to the new film regardless of who my personal favourite characters are. I'm already wondering how you're gonna handle it when Snoke is revealed to be the leader of a Vader worshiping cult!

Now that the season is over though I plan to spend the summer months re-watching TCW, it's much, much better than Rebels.
Why would Snoke the new mastermind exalt anyone over himself ? Ben is related and it makes more sense to be inspired by his grandpa but he's already exceeded Vader in evil with the death of his father. Vader pussed out with his son.

I've always backed the New Order over the empire and when I'm right I'll shove it in the fanboys of the past.

Snoke and Kylo at the end of the trilogy should shit all over Palpatine and Vader.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 04:15 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke and Kylo at the end of the trilogy should shit all over Palpatine and Vader.

Perhaps they will perhaps they won't, as I've said, I'll enjoy it regardless, mostly due to me not being a fanboy who derives his enjoyment of a film from the successes of his personal favourite characters.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 03:05 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Perhaps they will perhaps they won't, as I've said, I'll enjoy it regardless, mostly due to me not being a fanboy who derives his enjoyment of a film from the successes of his personal favourite characters.
Oh I'm very petty and I won't miss a single moment of rubbing it in with multiple I told ya so's.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 07:13 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm sure you will. Like I'm sure that if you're wrong you'll ignore it, go silent and fanboy jump onto another bandwagon.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 11:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I'm sure you will. Like I'm sure that if you're wrong you'll ignore it, go silent and fanboy jump onto another bandwagon.
False, I always go by the facts. Vader and Palpatine were always overrated. Vader more so than Palpatine but you get the picture.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 01:58 PM