KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Ultimate Palpatine Essay

The Ultimate Palpatine Essay
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cs_zoltan

But what if he changes his password to a random string?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 11:46 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

He then creates a new account.

I bet you that all this talk of leaving is just him taking a few-month break at best.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
He's not going away. He just says that, but then he eventually returns.

I can see why you'd think that based on my history of absences and returns, but as I press into the uncharted territory of my life I will have to make some sacrifices. smile

I'll still be around for a bit, though. And like Silver, I might pop my head in from time to time. Definitely don't expect anything more than that, though.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 10:32 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Alright, well, it was nice knowing you. I wish you the best of luck in whatever endeavours life has in store for you smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:09 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Damnit; I was going to post on one of these pages that I'm most impressed by all of this.

Kept missing out on the opportunity. So much for that.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Also, as for
quote:
Sidious immersed himself in the dark side so deeply that its power was beginning to kill him. His body was failing, and it could not handle his own power:
quote:
"Flesh does not easily support this great power."
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lela...plained_by_Chee

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Do you have a better source than Wookieepedia for that?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:56 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:10 AM
The Merchant

The dimension altering one was a bit out there. The way I interpreted is simply him making holes through the dimension of space, not literally altering whole dimensions.

As for the "all of space"comment, could that just have been the area where the space battle was taking place?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:10 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Geistalt
Yeah; here.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080503...&highlight=

Ah, fair enough then.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:15 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by The Merchant
The dimension altering one was a bit out there. The way I interpreted is simply him making holes through the dimension of space, not literally altering whole dimensions.

That's one way to interpret it I guess.

quote:
As for the "all of space"comment, could that just have been the area where the space battle was taking place?

If there was any additional text which would limit it to all of local space, yes, but there isn't, so no.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:17 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
How long will your response take, Legend?

3 - 5 days.

I have busy schedule.

It won't be an argument for the sake of argument. I will address errors and misinterpretations in your essay and highlight showings that Palpatine has not replicated and/or areas where he is not at par. If Palpatine has legitimate superiority in an area, it will be acknowledged.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 1st, 2017 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

While I agree there are errors and misinterpretations in the essay, I hardly think that Valkorian/Vitiate has showings on Palpatine's level on a consistent basis.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 02:03 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

10 for effort. But overall, yes, it is a low-quality essay. You take everything 'literally' and you do not take into account the context of novels, sources, etc
You're gonna have to improve it.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 08:23 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by samappo
While I agree there are errors and misinterpretations in the essay, I hardly think that Valkorian/Vitiate has showings on Palpatine's level on a consistent basis.

Valkorion's/Vitiate's showings are based on quality, not quantity. Same for most EU characters(TOR era, etc)

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

That doesn't change the fact that Valkorion cannot match Sidious.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 11:24 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by samappo
That doesn't change the fact that Valkorion cannot match Sidious.

Mind-bending 8000 Sith Lords and a whole planet(Ziost) including trained Force sensitives isn't as impressive as Sidious mind-bending billions of non-sensitives(with no defence)
Revan re-deflecting Nyriss' ashing Force lightning(a Force sensitive) isn't as impressive as Sidious turning to charred husks non-sensitive or those three Dark Side Prophets(who were taken by surprise)
Lifting dead spaceships by sheer power isn't as impressive as Sidious ripping Senate pods apart
Vitiate one-shotting Darth Marr isn't as impressive as Sidious one-shotting strompoopers
Exar Kun(weak version) turning Gantoris into charred husk/or ash and messing with Luke's Jedi Praexum isn't as impressive as Palpatine blade-bending Windu's lightsabre
Exar's Force scream isn't as impressive as Sheev's autistic scream
I could go on like this day and day...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 12:19 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Merchant

Azronger has to try harder to prove that Sidious>Vitiate

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 12:30 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Against arguments like that, no I don't. laughing

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 12:40 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with Palpatine being above all other Sith and Valkorian. As for this ultimate essay, I'll probably give it an A* for effort, but a C+/B- for assessment. My main problem is that dragged on for so long, there's too much to read and Palpatine's advantages over Viagara is overemphasised and you've made it sound even more one sided than they're already are.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 08:34 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote