KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Maul's Death

Maul's Death
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Petrus
Okay, then. Explain to me how exactly Obi-Wan honed his skills. Who did he duel against? In what ways could he have trained that Maul couldn't?

Being in safeguarding duty =/= training and honing your martial skills.

Below his best =/= bad physical shape, which is what you're making it sound like. Maul was in good physical shape in Rebels. Now ****ing move on.
Points to his fight with Maul and Vader. Kenobi wasn't stuck on a barren planet for years alone now was he ?? Voice actor already confirmed my claim that Maul was overconfident against Kenobi and thought he'd have an easy win and only realized this guy was on active duty safeguarding the most important guy in the galaxy according to Kenobi.

I never said bad shape I said outside of his prime. Quit making up claims I've never made. He was in good shape just not at his best. Move on indeed.

quote:

If you want to know, go check our previous debates because I'm not gonna spell it out for you tbh.

I'm continually astonished by you ignoring arguments over and over again. I shouldn't be, tbh. As I've told you several times: Sheev was ****ing toying around with Maul and Savage. So him being kicked is hardly as impressive as what Kenobi did.

If you watched the episode, you know Kenobi was holding off both of them simultaneously. Either accept it or move on. [/B]
Concession accepted.

But kicking Maul is a sign he won yet the same standard when applied in Maul's favor is blindly ignored. Double standards. Kicking a guy isn't winning its just kicking a guy. If I put up a gif of Vader choking Obi in rots that doesn't mean Vader was winning just choking. You're simple.

Kenobi didn't injure maul at all and was bfrd as soon as his brother was injured. Win for Maul. Quit with the double standards and kicks aren't winning you simpleton.

quote:

laughing out loud You're seriously so desperate that you're going for this? Wow.

Yeah, gloat around like an idiot about how great Maul is for disarming Padawan Kenobi. thumb up

[/B]
Irony.

He won the duel and taunted which is what left him up vulnerable to Kenobi. Just citing facts you simpleton. He killed Qui. That's impressive.

quote:

You quite specifically said Maul has got the better of Kenobi a lot of times in the past. I simply posted a gif in which Kenobi is portrayed getting the better of Maul, even as a Padawan. Sure, it was due to Maul's arrogance, we all know that. But answer my question, because this is the actual point: Did kenobi get the better of Maul? smile

Sidious was capable of Force stomping both brothers with ease at any given moment. laughing out loud If you have the balls to deny this, damn, you're more stupid than I thought. Also, so salty. [/B]
Maul was cut in half after he lost the duel and proceeded to taunt him.that's called context. Only due to Maul's arrogance after he won the duel. I'm accurate you're childish. Maul survived. smile

quote:

That's called stopping the fight in order to save your injured brother. You're so incredibly biased it's ridiculous at times. Force pushing someone away doesn't equate to a win.
[/B]
Bfring is a win. Read the kmc rules. Kenobi didn't want the fight stopped and left himself open to the force push. Not the first time maul force pushed him when he wasn't ready for it. Maul is great.

quote:

Wow man, you really blow my mind away with your impeccable arguments. thumb up

You haven't explained shit other than your usual blabbering, lol.

While on a debate, when you claim something you have to provide evidence. I'm waiting. [/B]
What claim haven't I backed ?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 01:20 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Voice actor already confirmed my claim that Maul was overconfident against Kenobi and thought he'd have an easy win and only realized this guy was on active duty safeguarding the most important guy in the galaxy according to Kenobi.

Where does Witwer say this?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Where does Witwer say this?
In an interview. smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 01:56 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

So much stupid. I'll destroy you later, Quan. Got RL stuff to do plus it's Friday. Your further humiliation will have to be put on hold until Monday.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

In an interview. smile

Well it's not that I don't trust you, but I really don't...

So direct quote and link to source please if you insist on using this as an argument.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I have no memory of giving a thumbs up to Quanchi's post. No idea how that happened.

Too much drinking, mayhaps?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 03:16 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Too much drinking, mayhaps?

Nah just losing IQ points reading his posts.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 10:09 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Points to his fight with Maul and Vader.

Uh, did Kenobi's fight with Vader happen during his tenure in the desert? No. And you're seriously going to use his fight with Maul as a reference? What the ****?

quote:
Kenobi wasn't stuck on a barren planet for years alone now was he ?? Voice actor already confirmed my claim that Maul was overconfident against Kenobi and thought he'd have an easy win and only realized this guy was on active duty safeguarding the most important guy in the galaxy according to Kenobi.

So far we've seen zero material that indicates Kenobi was honing his skills or training rigurous or even moderately in any way. You're the one claiming he was, so why don't you provide actual evidence?

Your hypocrisy is more shameless with each post. Since when do you take voice actors' claims/opinions as Canon, hm? Scratch that, I know the answer: since those claims conveniently favor your favorite character, Maul.

In case you didn't notice, Maul realized Kenobi was on safeguarding duty prior to attacking him. So, invalid argument.

It's funny how every time you're backed into a corner you change your argument. laughing out loud

quote:
I never said bad shape I said outside of his prime. Quit making up claims I've never made. He was in good shape just not at his best. Move on indeed.

You used the argument 'Maul isn't in a great shape physically' as a way to partially excuse his loss against Kenobi. It's not relevant whether you said he's in a bad shape or outside his prime, because the point here is your argument is absolutely worthless, so you're now turning it into 'I never said this' scenario. Typical.

quote:
Concession accepted.

laughing out loud Seriously, feel free to look it up in our previous debates. If you're too lazy to do so , then yeah whatever you say, Quan. Deep down you know the truth.

quote:
But kicking Maul is a sign he won yet the same standard when applied in Maul's favor is blindly ignored. Double standards. Kicking a guy isn't winning its just kicking a guy. If I put up a gif of Vader choking Obi in rots that doesn't mean Vader was winning just choking. You're simple.

You complained that I 'missed the context' in the past, yet here you are missing out on the context once again, lol. You're taking the gifs in an extremely literal context, so you're being the simpleton here, not me btw.

The point is Kenobi managed to duel quite evenly against both Savage and Maul simultaneously for quite a while, and he actually took one of them out of commission before being pushed away. If you seriously refuse to acknowledge how incredibly impressive this feat is, feel free to do so, but the only one looking like an utter biased fool here is you.

Like always, I guess.

quote:
He won the duel and taunted which is what left him up vulnerable to Kenobi. Just citing facts you simpleton. He killed Qui. That's impressive.

Kek, every time you bring this up you look more stupid, did you know that? Yes, TPM Maul is better than TPM Kenobi and TPM Jinn. Everyone knows this. Good for you. thumb up

quote:
Maul was cut in half after he lost the duel and proceeded to taunt him.that's called context. Only due to Maul's arrogance after he won the duel. I'm accurate you're childish. Maul survived. smile

Nothing new here, but you missed the point yet again.

You specifically said Maul got the better of Kenobi a lot of times in the past. Per the argument you constructed, I countered by showing instances in which Kenobi got the better of Maul, as well.

I never argued who lost, who won or who was better. I simply beat you at your own game. Do you understand? Or do I need to keep explaining myself?

quote:
What claim haven't I backed ?

During this debate, every single time I've asked you to show actual pieces of evidence. Kek.

Last edited by Petrus on Apr 10th, 2017 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I'll respond to your other retarded post later.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 07:56 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I have always maintained this you are the one not grasping what I've stated from the beginning.

Kek, no you haven't. You've given excuse after excuse and constantly fail to acknowledge Kenobi's clear superiority.

quote:
He amassed enough power to become his rival. That's immensely impressive considering the power Sidious had amassed at that point. Also your take on rival is arguable but it doesn't undermine my point. Maul was a real challenge for Sidious to address. Maul is amazing.

So you believe his power was enough to actually take on the Pub and the Confederacy and even give them a relatively good fight? laughing out loud

The context in which Palpatine says 'rival' isn't clear-cut, but there definitely are a couple of things we can dismiss quickly:

1. He very evidently did not mean 'rival' in terms of combative prowess, so you saying 'my take on rival is arguable' is complete bullshit. It's not arguable.

2. We know for a fact he was no match for Sidious' in terms of armies, followers, influence, contacts or even to the RoT.

And sure, Sidious realized Maul was beginning to amass considerable support in a short period of time, so he obviously thought he'd need to remove him before he aquired even more resources. However, your fanboyism drives you to overestimate the word 'rival'.

quote:
Maul had less help or resources out of any them. That's what makes him amazing that he even survived the Kenobi incident of PM. Vader failed despite the backing of a galactic empire and being a benefactor of Sheev's machinations. He wasn't bright enough to locate Kenobi on his own he also came to him. Maul made him come out of hiding. Yoda let the Jedi council down despite its hold and numbers because he was a huge failure. He even had a shot against Palp and failed against a peer despite knowing how this was his only chance to save the galaxy from a tyrant. Sidious had everything under control and put himself at risk to turn a Jedi to his dark side when it only put him at risk. Sad.

Let's look at facts:

1. Maul was kidnapped and trained as the ultimate tool for Sidious, a purpose in which he was successful until a Jedi Padawan cut him in half and ruined his life.
2. He spent [wasted] years traumatized and completely deranged in a desolate planet, eating what he could find and barely surviving. If it weren't for his brother and Talzin, btw, he would've probably remained there forever. So, starting from this point, Maul had definitely a shitload of help, without which he would've never been able to accomplish what he accomplished afterwards. thumb up
3. After Savage took him to Talzin and she 'revived' him, he confronts Kenobi along with his brother and he managed to let Kenobi escape again, with the help of a lesser Force user.
4. When Maul actually faced off against Kenobi for the second time, he ended up being spaced by him and almost dying again, along with his brother.
5. When he finally was beginning to become someone relevant again, in comes Sidious, who crushes his dreams into oblivion and kills the only person in the galaxy he actually cared about.
6. He manages to escape Sidious' grasp only to become a shell of what he once was, become broken and lost and finally die in the hands of his eternal rival in just three moves.
7. A dog managed to get the better of him.
8. A blinded, lesser Force user managed to get the better of him.

Now, you criticize Vader for failing in spite of being 'backed up by Sidious'. Are you conveniently forgetting Maul also had the backing of Sidious for decades and also failed...? Of course you are.

quote:
Vader wasn't petty and selfish at the point of his death.

We were never debating this, stupid. laughing out loud

The fact that he wasn't petty and selfish at the point of his death [when he actually couldn't be considered a Sith], is irrelevant. His whole life as a Sith was spent being petty and selfish. Like most Sith. Which was exactly my point.

quote:
We are talking about death scenes and what led to it.

Uh, when did I ever mention a death scene and what led to it? confused

quote:
Vader was selfless and sacrificed himself to save his son. Maul died embracing the Sith philosophy while Vader embraced the Jedi manner before death. You're a clown.
Maul died being petty and selfish so that's why it's relevant while Vader died being selfless. You can't even make sense despite me holding your filthy third world hand. Points of death. Maul died a Sith Vader died as a Jedi and Anakin. For ****s sake.

This is sooo far off my original point, it's honestly hard to fathom your level of stupidity at this point. Unless you're deviating from my original point on purpose because you've no argument against it, which is also quite enjoyable for me. Win-win.

quote:
He is frailer and older.

Oh my ****ing God. It's just impossible for you to move on, isn't it? 'Frailer and older' does not equate to 'not being in a good shape' to you? ****ing make up your mind already.

quote:
Just because Yoda can flip when he uses the force doesn't make him not a frail, old bastard who needs a cane outside the force.

Comparing Maul to Yoda in terms of physical capabilites is frankly retarded. Yoda does indeed need a cane. He's ****ing 900 years old. Yet he fights like a demon. He's equal to Sidious. So even if Maul is 'frail', as you put it, how truly relevant is it whe someone like Yoda can fight on par with Sidious? Of course, Yoda >> Maul in terms of everything, but the point is he uses the Force very well to compensate his fragile physical state, and as seen in his fight scenes in S2, Maul does too. Either way, he's no where near as frail as Yoda, so dull comparison.

Oh, I almost forgot. You still haven't provided any evidence that shows Maul was way more dependent on his physicality than Obi-Wan. Still waiting.

quote:
Filoni's opinion over scenes from canon he has worked on is relevant but his opinion on hypothetical matchups isn't.

Do you realize that by being the director and executive producer of Rebels he has actually worked on it, or has your stupidity crossed the line this time? What ****ing hypothetical matchup are you even referring to??

quote:
He worked on this and knows more than you do

This exact same logic can be used against you whenever you decide to completely ignore Filoni's take on any SW matter he worked on. Being hypocritical is clearly one of your favorite hobbies.

quote:
so of course I'm going to cite the actor to correct your ignorance, you don't comprehend anything and I'll destroy your ignorance, third worlder.

It's still his opinion and not a factual statement. smile So either use an actual viable source or move on. Or do you fail to comprehend that it being non-Canon makes it irrelevant in a debate?

A third worlder who's kicked your ass countless times in debates, is smarter than you, more objective, less salty and idiotic and better looking. smile smile

quote:
Watch his phantom menace fight and see his physical skills and compare his posture and movement outside of the force in rebels. Not hard to grasp. Common sense 101.

The evidence I'm interested in is the one that unquestionably demonstrates that the gap in combative prowess between TPM/TCW Maul and Rebels Maul is as significant as you claim.

quote:
I am saying his skills are up to the task for any elite but the reason he died against Kenobi was he was familiar with the attack he used decades before and countered.

Again, familiarity can only take you so far, not as far as taking down your opponent in three moves because you're familiar with him, lmao.

Again, whilst broken and lost he was able to put up great fights in S2.

And you didn't answer my question. What else you got? Because both of those arguments have been refuted and you just keep on recycling them.

quote:
You have refuted nothing just restated your opinions.

Sure, kiddo. Whatever you say.

quote:
I've restarted my case a hundred times for your tiny brain to comprehend but to no avail.

No, you've phrased your arguments in different ways every single time I refute them, KEK.

quote:
Filoni explained it as the reason. Facts don't change my trollish friend.

Filoni also stated other stuff that clearly indicate Kenobi >> Maul, not just because he was 'broken and lost'. Do you conveniently choose to ignore them, or..?

quote:
Vader was angry and empowered by emotions which is what the Sith rely on. Are you a moron ? Rhetorical.

Maul was also 'empowered' by emotions when he got owned by Kenobi, then. Same logic. Are you so stupid?

quote:
Maul defeated clone wars Kenobi and made him flee as well. Maul killed Qui as well but your Maul hate is pretty apparent at this point.

Maul made Kenobi flee a scenario in which he was nowhere near a good physical state due to the beating Maul and Savage gave him before, so not a clean 1v1 situation you can rely on, lol.

The second time they met Kenobi fought both brothers simultaneously and was able to give them a hell of a fight. So, no.

What does Jinn have to do with anything?

My Maul hate? The most apparent characteristic of anyone on this forum is your incredible Maul fanboyism. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 05:49 PM
Zenwolf

So far we've seen zero material that indicates Kenobi was honing his skills or training rigurous or even moderately in any way. You're the one claiming he was, so why don't you provide actual evidence?

Actually in the SW comic series, it is implied Obi-Wan did train a little bit, though it's also noted that his body wasn't what it used to, that he felt pains and aches through it and this even before he became much older.

On a note, reading through those issues again. People give crap to Owen about being an *******, but damn is he one brave mofo and cares a lot about Luke, given Luke was just handed to him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Also, I would argue that it seemed that Maul had turned away from the dark side right at the end with the questions he asked Kenobi about the chosen one, so he didn't die a Sith either. Have to watch it again I suppose.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 01:16 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I don't know how to take that, honestly. He told Kenobi 'he will avenge us' as he died. Avenge who? Who's he referring to by us?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 05:37 PM
Zenwolf

I don't know how to take that, honestly. He told Kenobi 'he will avenge us' as he died. Avenge who? Who's he referring to by us?

I guess....them? Considering all of Sidious' actions led them to have terrible lives. Of course it's not as if Maul didn't deserve it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Perhaps he's referring to Savage.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 02:33 PM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

lol he was rooting for Kenobi over Palpatine. Simple.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 05:24 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

lol he was rooting for Kenobi over Palpatine. Simple.

But he was referring to the Chosen One avenging 'us', not Kenobi.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 06:39 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He was referring to himself as well as Kenobi presumably, both of whom having had everything taken from them by the Sith.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Yeah I see that as the strongest possibility.

So in the end... Maul parted ways with as a non-enemy.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 07:36 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah, he's referring to the both of them, and by extension pretty much everyone who's been robbed and played by Sidious.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:14 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote