KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rebels Maul is Prime Maul

Rebels Maul is Prime Maul
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Smile Rebels Maul is Prime Maul

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-growth/131038/

And no, poll results haven't been factored in my assessment

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

if rebels Maul is prime that doesn't really say much for the character does it

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 07:24 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So basically all you have is a vague quote from Filoni which could be interpreted differently and which he never reaffirms anywhere thumb up

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Witwer on Maul (after reconfirming he's broken):

http://www.blastr.com/2017-4-24/sta...itwer-interview

"Wow I think he's living the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is never being able to achieve his potential in any way."

Now if you still think he grew in the Force (and as a duellist) the way Kenobi did, then you're just kidding yourself.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think there much difference between Prime Maul and Rebels Maul. But to say he's reached some peak state by Rebels is dreaming.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Context
"Wow. I think he's living in the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is never being able to achieve his potential in any way. The problem is he's thinking about it in all the wrong ways. One can achieve one's potential simply by helping other people, by being selfless, by looking after others before you think to look after yourself in some cases. That's not how he was trained to think by Palpatine. So his potential just requires the accumulation of things, wealth, control over people, control of large amounts of people."

Potential here isn't talking about his combative ability. What Maul falied to acheive was his potential as a person.

And off course even if you somehow interpreted this to mean, maul didn't achieve his combaitve potential! Even though Witwer makes clear that snot what he's talking about, Maul not ahcieving his potential doesn't mean maul didn't grow or combatively improve.

For example, Anakain never achieved his potential. Does that mean rots anakin hasn't grown from his tcw self?

This quote is completely irrelevant to your argument, as is just about every single quote that has been used to argue that maul declined.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 30th, 2017 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Not his prime. He went from being able to go toe to toe with Palpatine to being beat by a BLIND ex-Padawan average Jedi.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Not his prime. He went from being able to go toe to toe with Palpatine to being beat by a BLIND ex-Padawan average Jedi.

He only "toe to toe" with palpatine when rage amped for about 20 seconds, and even then sids wasn't going all out.

And using a circumstantial low showing doesn't discount canonical powersclaing.

As TCW maul is tied to being an inferior duelist to rebels maul, any showing that negatively affects where you place rebels maul would also lower tcw maul.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 06:56 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Context
"Wow. I think he's living in the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is never being able to achieve his potential in any way. The problem is he's thinking about it in all the wrong ways. One can achieve one's potential simply by helping other people, by being selfless, by looking after others before you think to look after yourself in some cases. That's not how he was trained to think by Palpatine. So his potential just requires the accumulation of things, wealth, control over people, control of large amounts of people."

Potential here isn't talking about his combative ability. What Maul falied to acheive was his potential as a person.

And off course even if you somehow interpreted this to mean, maul didn't achieve his combaitve potential! Even though Witwer makes clear that snot what he's talking about, Maul not ahcieving his potential doesn't mean maul didn't grow or combatively improve.

For example, Anakain never achieved his potential. Does that mean rots anakin hasn't grown from his tcw self?

This quote is completely irrelevant to your argument, as is just about every single quote that has been used to argue that maul declined.

LOL did you miss the part where he says "In ANY WAY". Did I not underline that part enough for you.

And I like how you apply "context" where it suits you. Carry on ignoring Canon feats and character statements.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 09:42 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: Rebels Maul is Prime Maul

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-growth/131038/

And no, poll results haven't been factored in my assessment

Fake news

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He only "toe to toe" with palpatine when rage amped for about 20 seconds, and even then sids wasn't going all out.

Who cares, TCW/SOD Maul had his best showings, whereas Rebels Maul had his lowest. But hey, screw actual canon. Let's just make up our own context to everything instead.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 09:44 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Re: Re: Rebels Maul is Prime Maul

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Fake news

I thought polls were untrustworthy and unreliable?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 09:48 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: Re: Re: Rebels Maul is Prime Maul

I thought polls were untrustworthy and unreliable?

Depends.

Mine are trustworthy and reliable. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

lmao

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 10:19 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Hey ant, you want to make an actual argument for me being wrong here aside from
"maul lost to kanan so maul obviously sucks" or nah

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 10:23 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Darth Thor
LOL did you miss the part where he says "In ANY WAY". Did I not underline that part enough for you.

And I like how you apply "context" where it suits you. Carry on ignoring Canon feats and character statements.
Yes he wasn't able to achieve his potential as a person in any way thumb up

And anyway, as I've pointed out, not acheiving your potential =/ not growing.

Anakain didn't acheive his potential. He still grew.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 30th, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 10:29 PM
Darth Thor

Yes he wasn't able to achieve his potential as a person in any way thumb up

And anyway, as I've pointed out, not acheiving your potential =/ not growing.

Anakain didn't acheive his potential. He still grew.

Yes but Maul wouldn't feel that he's not reached his potential "in any way" if he continued growing more powerful in the Force.

Also the "broken" part is mentioned again. You keep claiming he's more powerful due that more Rage, and that's how dark siders work, but kindly tell me where Palpatine or Dooku (dark siders who did grow), were ever named as "broken"?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 11:05 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yes, he was broken...
as a person.

A mass murderer is broken as a person, that doesn'tr mean he can't fight

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 11:08 PM
darthbane77

Yes, he was broken...
as a person.

Except Maul, as of Rebels, CAN'T fight, not against other well trained and powerful Force users. As evident by the fact he was blitzed by Kenobi. As opposed to during the Clone War where Maul was at least able to contend with Kenobi before getting beaten.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 12:51 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by darthbane77
Except Maul, as of Rebels, CAN'T fight, not against other well trained and powerful Force users. As evident by the fact he was blitzed by Kenobi. As opposed to during the Clone War where Maul was at least able to contend with Kenobi before getting beaten.

Read the blog bro. Mal getting "blitzed" is thoroughly expkained and has nothing to do with being massively below kenobi.
It was
A/ for storytelling purposes
B. The fight was styled after a way shorter, realistic kind of fight
C. Thet knew each other moves inside out
D. them progressing as duelists

Old Post May 1st, 2017 01:25 AM
Darth Thor

Yes, he was broken...
as a person.

Wow way to completely avoid the question.

Which dark spider was broken but still kept growing?

Was Palpatine broken?

Old Post May 1st, 2017 01:38 AM