KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » THE LAST JEDI: Spoilers, Rumors, & Discussion Thread (Read First Post Before Posting)

THE LAST JEDI: Spoilers, Rumors, & Discussion Thread (Read First Post Before Posting)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Warning THE LAST JEDI: Spoilers, Rumors, & Discussion Thread (Read First Post Before Posting)

This will be the thread for all The Last Jedi content - spoilers included. You've been warned.

Let's try to avoid spoiling The Last Jedi material in other threads, even if you have spoiler tags.

Han Solo's death was spoiled for me in the Battle Bar. Let's try not to ruin similar events for other fans.

Since this is a spoiler discussion thread, spoiler tags and precaution are not necessary for most discussions.

However, I still ask for spoiler tags on groundbreaking news, such as the death of a major character, the participants and outcome of a fight scene, or a big revelation.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Apr 23rd, 2017 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I wonder if snoke is going to have a fight scene or something

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Just so you know, I haven't read the OP.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 04:40 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Not sure I'll bother seeing this. I don't read any of the so-called "new canon" books/comics and I don't watch movies much these days.

BTW, still waiting to hear why those videos were "all terrible."

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 11:40 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Not sure I'll bother seeing this. I don't read any of the so-called "new canon" books/comics and I don't watch movies much these days.

BTW, still waiting to hear why those videos were "all terrible."

The Forcecast ones?

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:09 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
The Forcecast ones?

That's right, specifically these ones here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

Just scroll down and you'll see the links.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 05:13 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Whether or not you appreciate their analyses from a creative standpoint isn't relevant to their accuracy within the boundaries of the established Star Wars universe.

Also, stay on topic, please. Then again, I'm pretty sure the only thing you have to contribute is complaints about things everyone else got over years ago.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 07:20 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

^

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 4th, 2017 09:09 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Whether or not you appreciate their analyses from a creative standpoint isn't relevant to their accuracy within the boundaries of the established Star Wars universe.

I don't really care about the accuracy or lack thereof. I like the analyses because they help me with my writing. To me that more than makes up for anything else.

Also, stay on topic, please.

I do wonder why you don't say anything when numerous other threads go off topic and only decide to single out me. Still okay, on topic.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the only thing you have to contribute is complaints about things everyone else got over years ago.

What complaints? All I did was state my opinion that I may not bother seeing this movie as I'm not really interested in it. This is a discussion thread; that discussion doesn't necessarily have to be positive.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 10:15 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by chilled monkey
I don't really care about the accuracy or lack thereof. I like the analyses because they help me with my writing. To me that more than makes up for anything else.

Well then, that makes this wonderfully simple. See, we do. That's why we don't like the videos. Discussion resolved?

quote:
I do wonder why you don't say anything when numerous other threads go off topic and only decide to single out me. Still okay, on topic.

There's a difference between discussion points leading off track and people posting stuff from completely unrelated threads for no reason. There's also a difference between trash threads I don't care about and legitimate discussion threads like these.

quote:
What complaints? All I did was state my opinion that I may not bother seeing this movie as I'm not really interested in it. This is a discussion thread; that discussion doesn't necessarily have to be positive.

Of course positivity isn't required. But when your comments for the last several years have only been about how Disney ruined Star Wars for you, they really lose their value as an addition to a conversation.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on May 4th, 2017 at 11:48 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:45 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Getting back on-track, here's our confirmed fights (outcomes on all are unknown):

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Luke Skywalker vs Knights of Ren or Snoke's Royal Guards (actually, it's said Luke cleans house here)

Rey vs Kylo Ren (this fight takes place during Luke's above fight. This is on the island world)

Finn vs Phasma (with a new pike) and two elite First Order stormtroopers

New rumors (not from Making Star Wars though) are saying that Snoke and Leia have a confrontation, but it's merely verbal, not fighting.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

A Leia vs Snoke conversation would be interesting. I wonder if she'll just never show up after that and we'll assume that's how she died.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I think Kathy is lying when she's saying that Leia isn't in Episode 9. I think she wants it to be a surprise.

Not sure how I would feel if Snoke kills Leia off-screen... would only work if Luke's death isn't associated with Snoke.

Otherwise Snoke is 2/2 with the original cast.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:50 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Finn vs Phasma (with a new pike) and two elite First Order stormtroopers

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This doesn't help her image if she has to have two others to fight him.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This doesn't help her image if she has to have two lackeys to fight him.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's entirely possible Finn has aid. Not all the details are in. Maybe Poe?

I agree though if it's just Finn vs three of them.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:51 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I think Kathy is lying when she's saying that Leia isn't in Episode 9. I think she wants it to be a surprise.

Not sure how I would feel if Snoke kills Leia off-screen... would only work if Luke's death isn't associated with Snoke.

Otherwise Snoke is 2/2 with the original cast.

what if they were all lying when they said carrie fisher died, just to surprise us in 2020

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:53 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

She's chillin with Tupac in Russia or some shit. thumb up

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:53 PM
Zenwolf

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's entirely possible Finn has aid. Not all the details are in. Maybe Poe?

I agree though if it's just Finn vs three of them.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eh perhaps, though if it's the latter then...yeah...

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Apparently there's an alleged leak on a trailer that was shown to some Disney officials.

In it, Snoke says that it is time for a [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "family reunion," perhaps referring to Leia meeting Kylo.

In another quote, Luke says that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "everything dies with us."

In a separate alleged trailer, Luke asks Rey [SPOILER - highlight to read]: who she is as his opening line in the film.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 5th, 2017 at 04:11 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2017 04:06 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If I had to guess on the story based off of the leaks and rumors:

- Luke and Rey train - kinda. Luke isn't that into it, which surprises Rey. Chewbacca and R2 are present throughout the training.

- The First Order launches massive assaults across the galaxy, including the main Resistance fleet. Leia is captured but Poe and Finn escape.

- Snoke sends Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren to fight Luke and Rey. Luke cleans house, but Rey and Kylo have a chat that "Luke doesn't like."

- Finn and Poe end up on this Nar-Shaada-esque world. There's a new antagonist here, perhaps linked to Snoke. Phasma is also apparently here.

I think this is just the first half of the movie. I think the second half consists of everyone teaming up to free Leia like the good ol' days, but that's speculation.

If true, then I could certainly see a Luke vs Snoke confrontation as the final fight.

Obviously this isn't going to be the exact order, and there's going to be a lot more that happened (and maybe a lot that didn't), but I bet you some of the above will happen.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 5th, 2017 at 04:27 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2017 04:19 AM