KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice

Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Revan's "resurrection" of the strike team wouldn't put him on or approaching Dooku's level since even characters sub Wyyrlok tier characters like Andeddu are capable of essence transfer. More that he actually might have managed to kill them once in his SoR incarnation.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 03:59 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Revan's "resurrection" of the strike team wouldn't put him on or approaching Dooku's level since even characters sub Wyyrlok tier characters like Andeddu are capable of essence transfer. More that he actually might have managed to kill them once in his SoR incarnation.
Has KMC really dulled you so quickly? You only just left SWEB a couple weeks ago.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 04:01 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

months*

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 04:20 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Essence Transfer? Lmao.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 04:59 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Or any similar power.

Fact is "resurrection" doesn't take much.

Edit: Jesus is confirmed Bane tier scrub.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Jun 30th, 2017 at 05:19 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 05:14 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You literally die and he brings you back to life, if anything it's similar to Dark Transfer, but even better. In other words Essence Transfer isn't even remotely comparable.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 05:32 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You understand that Sidious literally tortured the engineer for the Death Star to death multiple times before bringing him back with essence transfer?

My point is it's not some super impressive feat given all the characters that know similar abilities. It's literally just guiding their spirits back into their bodies.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 05:48 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Asajj resurrected the death.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 06:59 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Kjam
Looks like Beni's in meltdown mode
when's ur ban?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

You understand that Sidious literally tortured the engineer for the Death Star to death multiple times before bringing him back with essence transfer?

My point is it's not some super impressive feat given all the characters that know similar abilities. It's literally just guiding their spirits back into their bodies.
All you proved is that Revan has yet another Sidious level feat. Thanks for that, smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 05:43 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kjam
Restricted

Account Restricted

Syn: Revan is now only Dooku level, proof? Take a look at this feat from DE Sidious that is similar.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Kjam a Private Message Find more posts by Kjam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

This is why you guys should read the whole thread.

That post was in response to AP's claim that it was more likely to be some other ability.

As I already clarified, sub Wyyrlok level characters know the ability making it not all that impressive. The impressiveness of the feat lies in SoR Revan's ability to actually kill the strike team.

And he wasn't "lowered" to Dooku level. As I specified he was raised to that level. smile

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 07:21 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Wait a second, who all was a member of the strike team? Because revan butchering the whole strike team and a portion of his power being enough to bring them back to life is absolutely insane.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 08:20 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Originally posted by deathslash
Wait a second, who all was a member of the strike team? Because revan butchering the whole strike team and a portion of his power being enough to bring them back to life is absolutely insane.

Wrath, Nox, Barsen'thor, Hero, Cipher 9, Meteor, Voidhound, and the Champion of the Great Hunt.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 08:32 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by slayne
Wrath, Nox, Barsen'thor, Hero, Cipher 9, Meteor, Voidhound, and the Champion of the Great Hunt.
yeah, as awful as shadow of revan was, that feat is just plain crazy.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:01 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by deathslash
weak scrubs who got ragdolled by soverus. sad

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Beniboybling
weak scrubs who got ragdolled by soverus. sad
there's a difference between being able to ragdoll someone and being able to beat/kill them.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 03:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He transferred his spirit into new clone bodies of the same engineer, I know because I just finished Darksaber. What Palpatine did was Essence Transfer, what Revan's spirit did was literally resurrect the dead in the same body. The only comparable feat is Darth Plagueis resurrecting Venamis, the difference being that Revan used pure Force power and not midichlorian manipulation.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 03:43 AM
Kjam
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is why you guys should read the whole thread.

We did.

quote:
That post was in response to AP's claim that it was more likely to be some other ability.

We know.

quote:
As I already clarified, sub Wyyrlok level characters know the ability making it not all that impressive.

Show me where "sub Wyyrock" characters have the ability to maim, kill and resurrect packs of individuals, namely Force sensitive ones, please.

quote:
And he wasn't "lowered" to Dooku level. As I specified he was raised to that level. smile

It's not hard to see why you're treated like a sub-human ingrate on this Forum, Syn. English is supposedly you're first language (it isn't mine) and being a 21 year old post grad, one would hope you'd know how to use quotation marks correctly. FYI, the person you're responding to has to actually use the word that's being quoted. Read my comment again and try and find the word lowered.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2017 08:40 AM
Click here to Send Kjam a Private Message Find more posts by Kjam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by AncientPower
He transferred his spirit into new clone bodies of the same engineer, I know because I just finished Darksaber. What Palpatine did was Essence Transfer, what Revan's spirit did was literally resurrect the dead in the same body. The only comparable feat is Darth Plagueis resurrecting Venamis, the difference being that Revan used pure Force power and not midichlorian manipulation.

Any form of "resurrection" is simply the displacement of an unanchored spirit into a corporeal form. How it was done doesn't really matter since we know it's not something that is any more impressive then Revan's other feats ( even if it was closer to Dark Transfer that's still only Cade level ) which is the point I was making.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 04:20 AM