KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Last Jedi Shocking Moment!

The Last Jedi Shocking Moment!
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

The Last Jedi Shocking Moment!

We've heard that there is to be a shocking moment in the Last Jedi to surpass the "I'm your father" moment in Empire Strikes Back. What do you think it would be? I tried the Skywalker lineage and nothing's coming to mind that could top it?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

rey kills luke

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"I'm your daughter."?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 02:40 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

R2-D2 is BB-8's father.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 10:48 AM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
R2-D2 is BB-8's father.

LOL!! Wouldn't that be something. Now we just need to know who BB8's mother is!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 11:01 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

To be honest, I really don't think they can come close to one of the biggest moments in cinematic history, much less surpass it. They kind of ruined it by saying there is such a moment to begin with. That's already -1 point against em because now people are expecting it, compared to ESB, where it was kept to such a secret that no one on the staff really knew about it.

That and with the Internet around, such a moment won't be as shocking because it'll be spoiled at some point or another before everyone gets a chance to see it.

So I really doubt TLJ is gonna match ESB's big reveal, nevermind surpass it. That right there is just stupidly arrogant.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Originally posted by Zenwolf
To be honest, I really don't think they can come close to one of the biggest moments in cinematic history, much less surpass it. They kind of ruined it by saying there is such a moment to begin with. That's already -1 point against em because now people are expecting it, compared to ESB, where it was kept to such a secret that no one on the staff really knew about it.

That and with the Internet around, such a moment won't be as shocking because it'll be spoiled at some point or another before everyone gets a chance to see it.

So I really doubt TLJ is gonna match ESB's big reveal, nevermind surpass it. That right there is just stupidly arrogant.

I have to agree because the way they presented Vader in New Hope was really powerful, he was terrifying in the suit , as a kid I can remember catching fear at first sight I thought I would catch nightmares seeing him but then he surprised me with the lightsaber in his duel with Obiwan on the Deathstar which gave me the question whether he was once a jedi. After that came the duel with Luke Skywalker and when he revealed to Luke that he was his father It was shocking because we see Vader as this terrifying machine and hard to believe that he had a family. I was hoping to find this in Kylo Ren since he wants to be like his grandfather but he was night intimidating at all. A lot of stuff was already revealed out in the open, like him being Han Solo's son and the fact that we tried to hold him up to the expectations of the New Jedi Saga of being like Jacen/Darth Caedus more than Vader. He did a lot of wrong that it's hard to match him up with Vader, so we'll have to The Last Jedi if he'll redeem himself in that manner.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 04:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Zenwolf

Indeed. It reminds me of Rick McCallum saying the PT was so great, in every frame there was so much going on.... Praising yourself before it comes out is usually not so smart. They did with R1.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 05:14 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I think Luke dies. Just think about where it's going for the moment. The Last Jedi, Luke saying that the Jedi need to turn into something else, so on and so forth. This whole passing the torch thing that seems to be ongoing with the theme of this new trilogy and really? It's kind of the only thing that would be shocking.

Or Snoke is related to Rey in some form. Though I wouldn't find it as shocking as the former.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hope Luke lasts until EpIX.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 06:56 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

rey is shmi's clone. luke is training his grandma.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The plot thickens...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 06:58 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The big surprise is going to be when we find out that Star Wars is all in the head of Tommy Westphall.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I agree with Zen. Luke dying is the big surprise and it doesn't even come close to the Vader reveal.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 01:33 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

"In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Rey is Finn's twin sister.... that would be a shocking revelation of the past.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:47 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by queeq
Rey is Finn's twin sister.... that would be a shocking revelation of the past.

Finn would be like "Ah f***"

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 10:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The Force is revealed to be evil all along and that it only destroyed Palpatine because it was a competitor. Now it will engulf the Galaxy.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 10:19 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Finn would be like "Ah f***"

Especially after he kissed her first. Or something else.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 05:20 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

What was it? Snoke's death?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:43 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote