KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice

Revan's spirit in the Temple of Sacrifice
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kjam
We did.

We know.

Show me where "sub Wyyrock" characters have the ability to maim, kill and resurrect packs of individuals, namely Force sensitive ones, please.

It's not hard to see why you're treated like a sub-human ingrate on this Forum, Syn. English is supposedly you're first language (it isn't mine) and being a 21 year old post grad, one would hope you'd know how to use quotation marks correctly. FYI, the person you're responding to has to actually use the word that's being quoted. Read my comment again and try and find the word lowered.

Then congratulations on pretending ignorance?

They have shown the ability to displace an unanchored spirit into a corporate form. It's never shown to be more or less difficult to do this with Force users then with non Force users and even if it was what reason would the strike team have to resist the efforts of Revan's spirit?

Lmao. You said, and I quote:

Originally posted by Kjam
Revan is now ONLY Dooku level, proof?

Which means you believe I lowered him. Given English isn't your first language I can forgive your inability to understand basic sentences.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 04:23 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Any form of "resurrection" is simply the displacement of an unanchored spirit into a corporeal form. How it was done doesn't really matter since we know it's not something that is any more impressive then Revan's other feats ( even if it was closer to Dark Transfer that's still only Cade level ) which is the point I was making.

It's literally resurrecting a necrotic being, and healing that body from whatever attack Revan killed them with. Please stop trying to lowball this with feats that don't even begin to compare. Transferring a spirit into another body is not the same as reviving a dead being back to full fighting condition.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:05 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I'm not lowballing it because I don't have anything to judge the energy output other then other forms of resurrection we've seen which AREN'T above Revan's other feats.

If you have some proof for why it raises Revan above where he was previously ( aside from the having killed the strike team since I already addressed that ) I'd love to hear it.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:41 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You've read Darth Plagueis, right?

You understand that Dark Transfer can only bring you back from the brink of death and not actual death?

You seem to be misunderstanding the monumental significance of such a feat. It's not just a cheap body swapping feat.

For reference:

quote:
On the same day they had allowed Venamis to die. Then, by manipulating the Bith’s midi-chlorians, which should have been inert and unresponsive, Plagueis had resurrected him. The enormity of the event had stunned Sidious into silence and overwhelmed and addled 11-4D’s processors, but Plagueis had carried on without assistance, again and again allowing Venamis to die and be returned to life, until the Bith’s organs had given out and Plagueis had finally granted him everlasting death.

quote:
The dispersal of midi-chlorians at the moment of physical death was, for lack of a better term, inexorable. Analogous to his fated confrontation with the Woebegone crew, the moment of death appeared to be somehow fixed in space and time. According to his Sith education, since Captain Lah and the others had been in some sense dead from the moment Plagueis’s gaze had alighted on the freighter, it followed that the midi-chlorians that resided in alleged symbiosis with them must have been preparing to be subsumed into the reservoir of life energy that was the Force long before Plagueis had stowed away. His attempts to save them—to prolong that state of symbiosis—were comparable to using a sponge to dam a raging river.

quote:
His election seven years earlier had been one of the signs Plagueis had been waiting for—the return to power of a Valorum—and had followed on the heels of a remarkable breakthrough Plagueis and Sidious had engineered in manipulating midi-chlorians. A breakthrough the Muun had described as “galactonic.” Both of them suspected that the Jedi had sensed it as well, light-years distant on Coruscant.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 05:59 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:46 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

[[and had followed on the heels of a remarkable breakthrough Plagueis and Sidious had engineered in manipulating midi-chlorians. A breakthrough the Muun had described as “galactonic.” Both of them suspected that the Jedi had sensed it as well, light-years distant on Coruscant.]]

Wait, you're claiming Plagueis's resurrection of Venamis was the "galactonic event" being referenced. I'm pretty sure that was in reference to their shifting the balance of the Force though it's been a while since I've read the book. Mind giving me the page number?

Even if it was referencing the resurrection there's no way to know if Revan did something similar or, as you yourself suggested, was more akin to something like Dark Transfer.

Originally posted by AncientPower
if anything it's similar to Dark Transfer

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:29 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I made the mistake of reading through the thread.

Reaffirmed my decision on quitting debating.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Right, Syn went off on an unnecessary tangent when the answer is simple: it's a game mechanic. thumb up

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 07:11 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
toplel
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I made the mistake of reading through the thread.

Reaffirmed my decision on quitting debating.

Imagine that's how other people felt when reading your stuff the last 5 years lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:38 AM
Click here to Send toplel a Private Message Find more posts by toplel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

How the **** did you see 'midichlorian manipulation' and think of unbalancing the Force?

Oh and the difference is plainly obvious, the characters are dead and he brings them back to life from a necrotic state into full fighting shape.

Which for those of us too impeccably moronic to understand; takes place in a scripted event that occurs at the beginning of Phase Five of the battle.

One might as well say every fight in SWTOR is a game mechanic, cutscenes and all.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:08 PM
The_Tempest

This was... excruciatingly bad.

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Game mechanic.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:10 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

A scripted event referenced by character dialogue and even in-game text, is not a game mechanic.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:12 PM
The_Tempest

A scripted event referenced by character dialogue and even in-game text, is not a game mechanic.

Where is the event referenced by character dialogue?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:16 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It's almost as if you haven't deigned to play the source material.

Shocking.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:23 PM
BazookaMaster

lol

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:24 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Shocking.

It's almost as if you're incapable of citing sources you haven't completely made up.

That's... well, not shocking at all, really.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:25 PM
toplel
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shocking.

Gotta love the psuedo ad-hominem instead of providing proof lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:28 PM
Click here to Send toplel a Private Message Find more posts by toplel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I can do so quite easily, if I bother to find the appropriate YouTube video.

But it's so like you to try and take the cheap victory. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:29 PM
The_Tempest

I can do so quite easily, if I bother to find the appropriate YouTube video.

(please log in to view the image)

But it's so like you to try and take the cheap victory. laughing out loud

Careful, now: you're about to derail the thread with flaming. smile

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:34 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I'll find it alright, though I'm not doing so on your imaginative timetable. I haven't the time at the moment to go and find a timestamp for you, but I imagine Ant will beat me to it.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:39 PM
The_Tempest

I'll find it alright, though I'm not doing so on your imaginative timetable. I haven't the time at the moment to go and find a timestamp for you, but I imagine Ant will beat me to it.

That's what I thought. thumb up

Though I wouldn't be so eager to advertise the fact that Ant defends your argument better than you do.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:41 PM