KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Just How Powerful Is The Outlander?

Just How Powerful Is The Outlander?
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

A fair chunk of this is complete nonsense, but I don't really care enough to address it. On-topic, it's hard to say exactly how strong the Outlander is, because as a player character there's very little specific canonically-backed information on him. Sure we can say that as the Jedi's battle master, he's likely a high level master of multiple lightsaber forms, but like in the case of Tenebrous, that doesn't clue us in at all on his approach to combat.

Well, holistically speaking the story makes it seem like he should be ahead of Revan. Is he really, though? Probably not. Working from his feats alone, I wouldn't put him any higher than Mace level.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Nice, thread you have put my ranking of him higher, maybe Kotor level Revan.
Kotor Revan would be around Vitiate's level 900 years ago, just after he preformed the Ritual of Nathema(absorbing 8000 sith lords(weakend) and the entire planet of life to the subatomic level as it stripped the planet of the force, which is >>>anything HoT scales to.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

kotor revan being outlander level is holistically nonsensical

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
kotor revan being outlander level is holistically nonsensical

Nah it's not, when he is superior to the likes of ajunta pall/karness muur.
His clearing of korriban and the starforge, are feats the outlander hasn't shown.

The outlander before facing Arcann at the end of Kotfe, was overwhelmed by quite a few droids, And needed help. Revan on the otherhand had no issue slaughtering hundreds mixed with dark jedi.

Last edited by Haschwalth on Jul 25th, 2017 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Nice thread, well written, but the liles of Krayt, Kun, Dooku and Vader would destroy the Outlander, lmao.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:53 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well, no shit. You can scale them to galaxy-level Kenobi. You can't for the Outlander.

Hard to compare a galaxy-tearing powerhouse to a rock-throwing one, you know?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by MythLord
Sub-Tano.
Round about yeah.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 09:24 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Sinious
****tard
#triggeredbythetruth

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:09 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That how you felt about the UK election result? smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:10 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

On-topic, I still doubt he's beyond Vader level myself. I just don't see Arcann being Vader-level to begin with.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:14 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Not sure how high I have him, but definitely above Dooku.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ya know it occurs to me, since people seem to use scripted game mechanics that always happens. Does this mean that Ben and Vader in Legends are legit building busters? Since ya know...they can destroy buildings in Empire At War using The Force.

Oh and since were going that route, Vader can also lift up and crush a vehicle that is bigger than an AT-AT with The Force in the MPTL-2a which is 27 meters in length while still batting away blaster fire.

I mean, since ya know people seem to like using this sort of stuff, cause they happen each time.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 25th, 2017 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Busting a buildings isn't all that impressive, Lal.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Revan on a good day ( if the circumstances were right mind you ) could bust a building.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:10 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Busting a buildings isn't all that impressive, Lal.

Not my point.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Revan on a good day ( if the circumstances were right mind you ) could bust a building.

he might be able to

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

My mistake.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:47 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova

The building in question we're supposedly skyscraper sized.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not my point.

What was your point, then?

People don't use those scripted examples, because they most likely didn't know it existed, it isn't limited to ToR, or anything, if that is what you're implying.

I've certainly used it during my Kyle Katarn hyping days.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:21 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
The building in question we're supposedly skyscraper sized.

Yep.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:24 PM