KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Just How Powerful Is The Outlander?

Just How Powerful Is The Outlander?
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What was your point, then?

People don't use those scripted examples, because they most likely didn't know it existed, it isn't limited to ToR, or anything, if that is what you're implying.

I've certainly used it during my Kyle Katarn hyping days.

Well then if people didn't know, then that's all I need. I was figuring people were just not using them, but they were ok with using TOR ones.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by SunRazer
That how you felt about the UK election result? smile
funny.

But no it was an early birthday present. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
People don't use those scripted examples, because they are not canon.
thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:26 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

@Zenwolf

I only used cutscenes.

Originally posted by Haschwalth
The outlander before facing Arcann at the end of Kotfe, was overwhelmed by quite a few droids, And needed help. Revan on the otherhand had no issue slaughtering hundreds mixed with dark jedi.
holy **** erm

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I think somethings that should be noted for the outlander:

"It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you."
Source: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

^^^^ Outlander should be getting some confrontation based growth via breaking free of the outlander's control.

2. Valk indicates Vaylin was weakened when the outlander walked through her attack:
"even now, she is a threat"

3. People have been throwing around the idea that the Outlander was valk amped vs Vaylin but this ould suggest otherwise:
https://youtu.be/iM5S5730f3I?t=1m24s
1) What?

2) That could mean a lot of things. Vaylin was put on her knee. She lost the fight. Valkorion pointed out that they didn't defeat her yet. I'm pretty sure the scene is not trying to establish that Vaylin's final force attack is weaker than her normal self. More likely, she is finally using her full power.

3) thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 08:34 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So double standards there Ben/Sin? Because according to the logic I'm not seeing what's different between what characters do in TOR while in game fighting compared to EAW, cause they all do the same no matter what.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 26th, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

1) Don't ever place my name next to that filth's.

2) I'm still waiting for you to show me where I used game mechanics.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 02:43 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Sinious
1) Don't ever place my name next to that filth's.

2) I'm still waiting for you to show me where I used game mechanics.

It's not directed at you, it's more a general comment cause I see others using Revan's or someone else's in-game fighting mechanics in TOR to prop up their abilities. There's also JK: JO and JA.

I mean I have used JO for the Shadow Troopers and their abilities, so I won't deny I've used the logic too.

But I mean when it's brought up that character X can do all these things in TOR due to scripted game mechanics....but then they don't use that logic for other games...well you see the problem.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 26th, 2017 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 02:58 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Good point. I guess it's also safe to say that Starkiller was simultaneously ragdolling several waves of attacking tie fighters as he tore the Star Destroyer from the sky, since you were forced to do so in the game.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 04:53 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nah. Applying equal standards is laem.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 05:41 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Anybody who have been following the story of KoTET closely will come to understand that Tenebrae was preparing the Outlander to house his essence for long-term basis (enhancing his strength and powers over time). This implies that by the time the Outlander was ready to be taken over completely, he would be stronger than everybody else (at present and earlier). Tenebrae even remarked as much.

After consuming Ziost, Tenebrae had become too powerful for inferior beings to house his vessel for long-term safely because they would fail under stresses of his power.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 26th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 08:44 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Anybody who have been following the story of KoTET closely

That was your first mistake.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 03:53 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Looking back at this, I think Outlander vs Vaylin is probably a 50/50 fight, and both are on Kun/Krayt/Revan/Caedus level (loosely speaking, as a lot people place these characters differently). Also, what Legend said above does suggest that the Outlander must have a very similar amount of potential to Vaylin, if not greater, since Valkorion chooses him before all else to be his ultimate vessel.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 08:11 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The likes of Kun and Krayt would shit on the Outlander and Vaylin

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 08:40 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Sinious
Looking back at this, I think Outlander vs Vaylin is probably a 50/50 fight, and both are on Kun/Krayt/Revan/Caedus level (loosely speaking, as a lot people place these characters differently). Also, what Legend said above does suggest that the Outlander must have a very similar amount of potential to Vaylin, if not greater, since Valkorion chooses him before all else to be his ultimate vessel.

What LeGenD said above isn't even true. Vitishit's immortality requires him feeding on planets every once in a while, which is why he ate Ziost. He made the Outlander more powerful because he couldn't destroy their mind on his own and planned on using the "spirits" of his children to do it. He had them accomplish remarkable things presumably to explain how a random person suddenly became the Immortal Emperor. Also for the shits and giggles because he wanted to sate his "curiosity." Ziost wasn't some life altering event for Valkorion.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 11:12 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trash tier

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 11:56 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
The likes of Kun and Krayt would shit on the Outlander and Vaylin

thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 11:56 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

and you are?
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What LeGenD said above isn't even true. Vitishit's immortality requires him feeding on planets every once in a while, which is why he ate Ziost. He made the Outlander more powerful because he couldn't destroy their mind on his own and planned on using the "spirits" of his children to do it. He had them accomplish remarkable things presumably to explain how a random person suddenly became the Immortal Emperor. Also for the shits and giggles because he wanted to sate his "curiosity." Ziost wasn't some life altering event for Valkorion.
I get your point. That's still impressive for Outlander, though.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:07 PM
Haschwalth

I would place them just below, Revan/caedus/Exar's Tier tbh.
The outlander doesn't really have any decent offensive/defensive feats he can scale off.
Most of it is unquantifiable/with assumption.
The outlander got overwhelmed by droids in chapter 11 of KOTFE. Which quite frankly doesn't put Him at Kotor Revan level, at that time. I'm not sure how much the growth was in between then, and the end of KOTET.

Last edited by Haschwalth on Aug 28th, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:39 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

For one, a ton, but even if it wasn't, that's some shitty logic anyway. No one can fight forever.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:42 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote