KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku Fight (Fan-Edit)

Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku Fight (Fan-Edit)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Warning Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku Fight (Fan-Edit)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...UmVOdGZpeHBGbk0

Thoughts? If you download it, you can view it in HD. Otherwise, it's in lower quality.

I've been tampering with this for a while now. I really like how it ended up.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I tweaked one of the parts again. Here's the (hopefully) final version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...YnFMM3BYX2JfNTg

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

I didn't really like the Duel of The Fates theme in the fight. Also, what the hell happened at the end? Anakin was thinking about stuff, and it looked like he was distracted by that.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:15 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The original soundtrack lacked any emotion. This is not the original Duel of Fates from Episode I, either. It's a different variant and I thought it fit in perfectly with the fight.

Hm? I mean, I imagined it would be fairly obvious. The moments that flashed were moments of weakness for Anakin - moments where he failed as a Jedi. These are struggles that Anakin will continue to face for the rest of his life, so having that parallel with the fight shows both the physical and mental conflict. There's no chemistry between Dooku and Anakin to establish a deep emotional fight on its own merit, but recalling the earlier film and Anakin using those darker emotions to fight Dooku is significant. Just as Dooku cuts Anakin's arm, Anakin cuts down a Tusken Raider, completing his failure. I thought everything linked together rather nicely and was proud to see how it ended up. I guess it's not for everyone, but this particular fight is easily the most criticized fight in Star Wars, and justifiably so.

Anyway, other thoughts from other people (lol)?

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 17th, 2017 at 07:41 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:37 AM
Greysentinel365

Brutal honesty?

If anything you made the sequence slightly worse. The problem is the footage doesn't back up the message you're trying to convey.

Then again. It was shit to begin with.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:46 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

*shrugs* Guess I ought to an hero, then.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:49 AM
ChocolateMuesli

LMAO^

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:54 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:58 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry but AotC is too sh1tty for this to ever be good. TPM music isn't fitting in my opinion but this is too soon for Anakin's "regrets". He's young and dumb rather than tragic.

A "regretful", mournful, flashback fight would be better suited for Vader vs Kenobi. I did one of Dooku vs Anakin. Yeah it's shitty but as an example:
https://youtu.be/fmEwTfHrLts?t=1m45s

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 10:04 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

remove the flashbacks, and it's golden thumb up

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

technically the edition is very well done, but overall the idea of changes doesnt suit the scene

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:36 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
I did one of Dooku vs Anakin. Yeah it's shitty but as an example:
https://youtu.be/fmEwTfHrLts?t=1m45s

Is that Dooku... singing? What the ****?

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 17th, 2017 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 07:53 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Is that Dooku... singing? What the ****?
Yeah Christopher Lee was also a kick-ass metal rock singer.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

RIP C Lee

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 08:18 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 12:37 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote