KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Pre Vizsla and his squad run a gauntlet

Pre Vizsla and his squad run a gauntlet
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pre Vizsla and his squad run a gauntlet

The Combatants
◙ Pre-Vizsla
◙ Bo-Katan Kryze
◙ Sabine Wren
◙ Gar Saxon

For all intents and purposes, assume that all four are cooperative and working together collectively to preserve the Mandalorian name. All are in their prime.

Full load-outs for everyone; all have jet-packs, and everyone sans Bo-Katan has sabers of their liking.

Da Rules
◘ 15m starting distance, single file line.
◘ Takes place inside the Geonosian fighting arena
◘ Unless specified all jedi are morals on and holding back on TK usage
◘ Mandalorians pass the round as long as one is still alive
◘ Full regen after reach round
◘ Disney Canon

The Fight

Warm Up: Jocasta Nu

1. S4 TCW Ahsoka Tano and Jedi Barriss Offee
2. Jango Fett, Cad Bane, and Embo
3. AotC Kenobi and Coleman Trebor
4. Qui-Gon Jinn and Jedi Xanatos (canon exempt)

Boss: RotS Kenobi and Zett Jukassa

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Bo-Katan, Sabine and Saxon are fodder. They all die to Jocasta but Vizsla beats her.
They stop at Round 1. Ahsoka is only somewhat below Pre and can give him a good fight, and Barriss can kill the fodderish trio.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:25 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Fall at 2 or 3.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Fall at 2 or 3.

How does two not wreck them? Jango>Vizsla (beating AOTC Kenobi in a grueling contest is better than being somewhat above TCW S4 Ahsoka), Cad Bane has defeated TCW S3 Obi-Wan+Quin which means he could probably take those fodder Mandalorians by himself, Embo (a guy who avoided being one-shotted by Savage) seals the deal.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:47 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hence why I said they might fall at two. erm

The might is because Vizsla vs Jango is still a good fight that might have Vizsla as the winner, Cad doesn't seem nearly as protected as Mandalorians (refer to Boba vs Cad), and Embo, while good, doesn't necessarily equate to two high-ranking Mandalorians.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hence why I said they might fall at two. erm

The might is because Vizsla vs Jango is still a good fight that might have Vizsla as the winner, Cad doesn't seem nearly as protected as Mandalorians (refer to Boba vs Cad), and Embo, while good, doesn't necessarily equate to two high-ranking Mandalorians.

Cad's feats are much better though. He had Ahsoka pinned down in two seconds, and did excellent against Kenobi+Quinlan. That's much better than Bo-Katan who only killed fodder Mandalorians, Sabine who only killed Stormtroopers and got curbstomped in neutral ground by Vader and Maul, and Saxon who got his ass kicked by Sabine.

Embo is also better than the other guys. Not being one-shotted by Savage is better than anything the Mandos have.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:25 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

team 3<team 1

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by thesithmaster
Cad's feats are much better though. He had Ahsoka pinned down in two seconds, and did excellent against Kenobi+Quinlan. That's much better than Bo-Katan who only killed fodder Mandalorians, Sabine who only killed Stormtroopers and got curbstomped in neutral ground by Vader and Maul, and Saxon who got his ass kicked by Sabine.

Embo is also better than the other guys. Not being one-shotted by Savage is better than anything the Mandos have.

You're thinking too much in feats, rather than what's practical.

Perhaps Zenwolf can correct me, but it seems a shot from Cad's blasters cannot penetrate Mandalorian armor, as shown in his fight vs Boba.

Presumably two can, but between two opponents gunning at him and that he is without really any protective armor, he's going to die.

For Vizsla, you forget he performed better than Jango did vs Kenobi when he fought Maul. Fan-service, sure, but it's still there.

And Embo: he's good but not mobile. Everyone else here has some form of jetpack. He's just a big immobile target begging to get killed.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:33 PM
Zenwolf

Perhaps Zenwolf can correct me, but it seems a shot from Cad's blasters cannot penetrate Mandalorian armor, as shown in his fight vs Boba.

Presumably two can, but between two opponents gunning at him and that he is without really any protective armor, he's going to die.

For Vizsla, you forget he performed better than Jango did vs Kenobi when he fought Maul. Fan-service, sure, but it's still there.

And Embo: he's good but not mobile. Everyone else here has some form of jetpack. He's just a big immobile target begging to get killed.

I don't care enough about Disney Canon to give an opinion. Any Disney Canon involved, don't ask me.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I don't care enough about Disney Canon to give an opinion. Any Disney Canon involved, don't ask me.
C'mon Zenwolf; we all love the EU but you must adopt or become irrelevant.

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
team 3<team 1

Really?

Embo is quite mobile actually for his size as seen here:
https://youtu.be/TWOO5lqocmc?t=1m32s
and his hat thing sure his useful against blaster fire.
He managed to disarm Savage with his hat, so I can't see why he couldn't do the same with the saber-wielding mandos.

I do agree with your point that Cad doesn't bring much to a blaster fight. The deleted scene duel with Boba demonstrated that mando armor is impervious to pistol fire. It's seen again in Rebels when Vader redirects two of Sabine's shots here:
https://youtu.be/c-jQL-0oxTA?t=2m37s

Cad's only real tools are his flamethrower and whipcord, both of which can be outdistanced with a blaster.

IMO Jango vs Vizsla is a coin toss. Both are similarly trained and equipped. Darksaber is of no use against blaster-fire.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

@kurk, Yea, coleman trebor is a heck of a weak link, and both Ahsoka and Offee have held their own vs AOTC Kenobi's significant superiors, so you'd expect they'd be able to at least contend well with him

There's also an argument to be made for team 1 being>team 4, Xanatos being the weak link here

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I feel like you guys are pretending that deathwatch members didn't legitimately get knocked out by freaking obi wan in h2h combat. Also, how is mandalorians armor blaster proof now? We've seen Bo-katan and her mandos kill other mandos that were wearing that armor......

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:15 AM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
C'mon Zenwolf; we all love the EU but you must adopt or become irrelevant.

I mean I'll watch movies/shows, read a few of the comics(even though barely any of them interest me). But if you're thinking I'm gonna be as deep into it as Legends, then no I won't. Canon has already ruined several things for me and I'm not gonna bother digging into it.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 20th, 2017 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
@kurk, Yea, coleman trebor is a heck of a weak link, and both Ahsoka and Offee have held their own vs AOTC Kenobi's significant superiors, so you'd expect they'd be able to at least contend well with him

There's also an argument to be made for team 1 being>team 4, Xanatos being the weak link here
Tano vs Vizsla we've seen. Would AotC Kenobi do worse there? Trebor is featless but he had the balls to take on Dooku. I don't remember a young Offee doing anything significant before her turn other than being captured by clones.
Originally posted by deathslash
I feel like you guys are pretending that deathwatch members didn't legitimately get knocked out by freaking obi wan in h2h combat. Also, how is mandalorians armor blaster proof now? We've seen Bo-katan and her mandos kill other mandos that were wearing that armor......

In EU mandalorian rifles are more powerful than a typical blaster so that might have something to do with it. The Mandos held their own against Kenobi in H2H last I remember.
https://youtu.be/ITHPIcrJDsQ?t=2m14s
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean I'll watch movies/shows, read a few of the comics(even though barely any of them interest me). But if you're thinking I'm gonna be as deep into it as Legends, then no I won't. Canon has already ruined several things for me and I'm not gonna bother digging into it.

I understand

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:59 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Tano vs Vizsla we've seen. Would AotC Kenobi do worse there? Trebor is featless but he had the balls to take on Dooku. I don't remember a young Offee doing anything significant before her turn other than being captured by clones.
I understand

Wait, this is jedi offee? Hmm.

As for Ahsoka vs Visla, I feel she doesn't need to do as well as she did against Visla(beating him) for her team to win.

Yea, Trebor's courage is a bit of a moot point when all that courage ended up doing for him was get himself three-shotted by Jango. And yes, for the record, I think both Ahsoka and Offee can do, and have done much better than that.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 04:04 AM
Darth Thor

I feel like Vizsla doesn't have the best back up here.

His Death Watch assassin sent to kill Satine was hardcore in his fight against Kenobi. He'd be better back up than any of these 3. But then they are all warriors with mandalorian armour/weapons and numbers do count I guess.

They have a chance at 1 or 2, but could just as easily die at either.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

They don't have a chance at 1. Visla is currently being backed up by fodder.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:30 PM
Darth Thor

Well I'd say fodder Mando's are a lot better than regular fodder.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bo Katan isn't quite fodder. Isn't she Vizsla's second in command? Not to mention her performance against Tano and the siege of mandalore.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:30 PM
Darth Thor

Bo Katan isn't quite fodder. Isn't she Vizsla's second in command? Not to mention her performance against Tano and the siege of mandalore.

What did she do in SOM?

I guess Saxon shouldn't be fodder either given he was one of Maul's top 2.

Sabine's defo fodder though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:28 PM